PDA

View Full Version : Lunch without Ressies

oopsadaisy2003
10-14-2008, 07:27 PM
How easy is it to be a walk in at most restaurants at the park? We have two vegetarians and some pretty plain eaters in our party. We are looking for more basic cuisine.

On our last trip we had dinners at some of the more recommened like Le Cellier, Boma, Sci-Fi, Chef Mickey's. We felt like it was way too much planning and not very spontaneous. We also felt like all we were doing was eating, so this trip since we going with more children we decided to not book dinners and try for more lunches. We did make breakfast ressies at Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's.

Just wondering if anyone has tried to walk in at lunch with ressies and what was the wait. I am just worried that our 'spontanity' may not pay off.

medic9016
10-14-2008, 07:40 PM
I think it depends on when you are going. I think there is some kind of Disney visa free dining going on unit sometime in December.

oopsadaisy2003
10-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Sorry! We will be going from Nov -14 -21.

MickeyMomof2
10-14-2008, 08:03 PM
There's free dining for Visa cardholders that week as well.

If you are opposed to reservations, I am sure you can find something. However, you may have to settle for long waits and/or very early or late seating times. With little kids, that's not ideal. Otherwise, you may have to do counter service meals to help with flexibility.

Donald
10-14-2008, 08:18 PM
If we felt like having a lunch/dinner, we would call WDW-DINE from our cell phone in the park. We just asked what was available at that park at ? time, and go from there. :mickey:

CAS
10-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Donald has the best idea, but you're not very likely to get what you prefer at the moment. Walk ups for table service anywhere around meal times aren't likely to be successful.

On the other hand we treat ressies as events to look forward to. Our lives anymore are so planned out that it's odd to have a free for all for a week anyway. It's nice to have a few meal times as anchors. :beer:

By the way...why does my reply have an orange thumbs down at the top? Apoplogies as it seems to have been automatically applied. :( No emotions intended.

Zippy 1
10-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Last time we were there - last November (early in the month) we tried on several occasions to get sit down lunches and all that was available were late times or very early. The very early was o.k. if we did not have a breakfast ressie. The late times were not good because of dinner plans. So we did most of our lunches at CS places. It is getting so hard to get into any sit down places without ADR's.

mdhiggin
10-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Probably your best chance of walking in would be to eat when it's an odd time, like 3 PM or something. Noon -1 or 6-8 might be hard to seat. We went to Mama Mia's once at DHS. We were thinking about going on another ride first, but decided to try to beat the dinner rush and get a seat. We got there about 5:40 and were seated. About two minutes later we saw them turning people away.

Simba's Mom
10-15-2008, 08:55 AM
When I was there during free dining last year, I got into Rose and Crown at lunchtime without a reservation. A family with no reservations came to Chefs de France at 1:00 and were told they'd have about a 1/2 hour wait. I met a lady at the GFC who told me that she gets in there without a reservation for lunch regularly.