PDA

View Full Version : Stormalong Bay Refurbishment in Early 2009

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
10-14-2008, 06:35 PM
I read the following on another site:

"Stormalong Bay will be refurbished from January 5 – April 15, 2009. Sections of the feature pool will be closed. You may continue to use the three leisure pools located throughout the resort. Additionally, the feature pool at Disney's BoardWalk Resort will be available for Yacht and Beach Club guests."

This notice mentions that "sections" of Stormalong Baywill be closed, but in a somewhat conflicting manner (in my view), also says that the other 3 "leisure pools" can be used instead. We will be there 3/27 - 4/3 and always stay at BCV, primarily for Stormalong Bay (among other reasons). Does anyone have any information regarding the extent of the Stormalong Bay closure during this refurbishment?

I recall a few trips ago that it was being refurbished, but the refurbishment didn't really affect our enjoyment of the pool because, as I recall, only the lazy river area was closed. The rest of the pool was open. If that is the extent of the closure for this refurbishment (or maybe they only close a small section at a time), then I'm :). Otherwise, I'm :cry:.

Figment!
10-14-2008, 09:42 PM
No need to look elsewhere, this has been posted in the rehabs (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central for a while. :)

The Yacht & Beach Club features three pools tucked-away in courtyards of the hotel complex that are not part of the Stormalong Bay complex, these are the "leisure pools" mentioned.

The refurbishment has been confirmed to be completed in three sections, but the definitions of those sections and their individual dates are still tentative.

The following is tentatively planned:

The Flying Jib (shipwreck) area is planned be closed January 5 - February 15, 2009.

The Lazy River area is planned to be closed February 15 - March 5, 2009.

The Children's area and the Quite Lagoon area are planned to be closed March 5 - April 15, 2009

Once a detailed refurbishment schedule is announced as finalized, we will update the section linked above as well as post the info on the Discussion Boards.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
10-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the info, Figment! I know that the schedule is tentative, but do you know which areas are the children's area and the quiet lagoon? Is the children's area the sandy area closest to the Yacht Club? Or is it the separate pool across the path, closest to Crescent Lake with the small slide? Or both? And where is the quiet lagoon? I am guessing that is the pool that is attached to the lazy river which has the small waterfalls coming off of the rocks.

Thanks again.

Figment!
10-15-2008, 01:08 PM
I've labeled a Google Earth Image of the area below.

From what has been tentatively planned I've denoted section 1 in blue (1/5 -2/15), section 2 (2/15/ -3/5) in green and section 3 (3/5-4/15) in red.

Please note that I am only guessing at the distinction between section 1 and 2, beyond the Flying Jib slide itself, it is not clear where the refurbishment boundary will be during this portion of the refurbishment.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
10-16-2008, 10:20 AM
WOW!!! :jaw: Thank you for such a great, detailed response, Figment! :thanks: You clearly went out of your way and spent some time working on that response and I really appreciate it.

Mackflava99
10-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Yes great Google picture-

I can say that when we were at the BC this summer , the pool definitely needed some crack repair and some filler-
They also changed the area near the hot tubs, there used to be some great trees, but they were removed in June.
Either way-
its by far the best pool on property-

As for the 'Leisure pools" the BC has one near the main path to Boardwalk and Epcot, which is ok, but a better one back near the Villas-
The yaacht club also has a good one- But Boardwalk has a terrific pool with a slide- and its a quick walk from the BC- so their are options, except I'd always rather tgo to stormalong bay-

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
03-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Just curious if anyone (maybe Figment?) has an update on the progress of the Stormalong Bay repairs. We will be there 3/27 - 4/3. Any chance they are ahead of schedule and will be done by the time we are there? If not, does anyone know if they are working on the areas according to the timeline posted by Figment (in other words, are they still scheduled to be working on the childrens' area when I am there)?

Thanks for any further info!

TammiMcMan
03-11-2009, 05:06 PM
The most recent information is that it's scheduled for completion on March 27th. They are currently working on the kiddie area section.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
03-11-2009, 05:14 PM
The most recent information is that it's scheduled for completion on March 27th. They are currently working on the kiddie area section.

GREAT!!!!:joy: Thanks very much for the update, Tammi. If anyone has any further information as it gets closer to March 27, I would really appreciate your updates. I have my :fingers: that they will be done -- I'm glad they are done with the main area of the pool, but I hope they are completely done by the 27th because we will be taking DS 4 mos. and we are hoping to be able to go down the tiny slide in the childrens' area with him.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
03-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Just bumping this up since we leave in 3 days -- on March 27 -- to see if anyone has any updated information confirming that this rehab will, in fact, be completely done by March 27. Thanks!

Steveo5c
04-06-2009, 03:32 PM
I am booked at the Yacht Club from April 27th -May 4 and was wondering if HihoKermit or anyone else had a first hand account of the pool work completion.

Thanks
Steve

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
04-06-2009, 05:16 PM
We just returned on Friday night, 4/3 and indeed the Stormalong Bay refurbished is complete. It was done by the time we arrived on 3/27. It was fully open and wonderful, as usual!

Have fun!

Steveo5c
04-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the almost "live" update HihoKermit!
The kids are going to love hearing this!

Steve