PDA

View Full Version : Post Hurricane Ike Fall Fun "Redo" Trip-Day 9 FINAL DAY

angel8783
10-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Day 9-Downtown Disney, Leaving, and final thoughts
Our last day we woke up early (finally) and finished packing our bags. We left our room and took our baggage to be checked in to Continental at our resort (I just love Magical Express). We also left our carryon bags with the baggage people at Pop Century and went to eat some breakfast. About 9:30 we took a bus over to Downtown Disney. The only bad part about going here on your last day is that you have spent all your money already! I bought a few things with at World of Disney and DH bought a DVD with a collections of Goofy cartoons. He was feeling pretty bad now as he had come down with the cold I had and I was improving. For lunch we used up the last of our dining credits at Wolfgang Puck Express. Wow, this is great counter service! DH had eaten too much breakfast and didn’t eat everything, but I was very hungry. I had a barbeque pizza and the crème brule. Now, this was a great meal! The pizza was fresh and delicious and the crème brule was to die for! I mean, this is what crème brule should taste like. DH had the chicken alfredo and a fruit cup. He wasn’t very hungry so he didn’t have much of an opinion. After our yummy lunch we headed over to Goofy’s Candy Company for our make your own treats. We both got the rice crispy treats. Mine had milk chocolate and mini dark chocolate chips with caramel drizzle. DH had milk chocolate with Oreo cookie and white chocolate drizzle. We ate those for the next week, they were so good!!
We took a bus back after this to our resort and waited on our Magical Express bus. Soon we were whisked back to the airport on another full flight. It was better this time, not so bumpy and I amused myself with the ipod. I was sad to be back home, but felt I had a great vacation this year!!

Final Thoughts
Our vacation definitely made up for last year. Last year I came back sad and lacking my normal feelings. This year I came back satisfied, but still sad because I always am when I leave Disney. Who you travel with makes a difference, remember that when you invite a family member along who you aren’t sure will appreciate it. We were more than happy with our dining choices, however with tips, we spent about $300 extra dollars. ($100 was for tips alone). When you get overheated, you need water, and it cost $2 per bottle. We would buy a bottle and fill it up at water fountains, but it usually isn’t cold and doesn’t taste the same, so you buy another one. We are also two grown adults with no children, and we need 3 meals a day when we are walking that many miles a day, and the regular dining plan doesn’t provided that. We don’t have kids who won’t eat all their snacks or meals to fall back on in case we get hungry, we only have each other’s credits, so for this reason, we are seriously considering the deluxe plan next time.
About next time… it’s a Disney Cruise!! My first cruise ever also. We are going with my parents who DH and I love to spend time with. They are the best parents that a grown child could ask for. We leave on Mother’s Day in May 2009 on a 4 night Bahamas’ cruise to Nassau and Castaway Cay (Disney’s private island). I am super excited about it… and I am also attaching a trip to Disney World right afterward. It costs so much to fly now that I can’t fly to Orlando and not go to WDW. My Mom is likely to come along on the WDW trip with DH and I because my Dad will fly off somewhere to work (as he does most every weekend) after the cruise. I have bought the Passporter book and already read it one time, I am now ready to read it again, and I am on the boards like crazy to learn about this new cruise thing… I just can’t wait. I’m not sure they will have a Pirate and Princes s Party when we are there in May, but here’s hoping!!
Now I guess I have to say goodbye for now! Thanks everyone for sharing this report with me, I had so much fun writing it! I hope you enjoyed reading it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-14-2008, 05:08 PM
A great end to your trip!

Thanks for sharing - I've loved reading them.

I can't wait to hear about the cruise, we're just starting to plan a Disney cruise for 2010.

mouseketeer mom
10-15-2008, 06:54 AM
Terrific report!! Have fun planning the Disney Cruise! I felt the cruise took much more planning then a WDW trip in some ways. Its fun planning, so enjoy!! You will LOVE it!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Wonderful trip:mickey:

DizNee143
10-15-2008, 02:43 PM
im glad you and your hubby had a wonderful vacation this time..and thank you so much for sharing it with us!! i really enjoyed reading all about it!! and woohoo..i hope you guys have fun on your cruise next year!! :mickey:

pdrlkr
10-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
10-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Except for the colds, you had a most wonderful trip!

KylesMom
10-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Laura, it's been wonderful reading about your return trip to The World. Congratulations on getting that "magical feeling" back. Somehow I don't think you'll ever let someone ruin your trip there again! Awesome on your upcoming cruise & subsequent return to Disney World!

Thanks again for sharing with us! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
10-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I have really enjoyed reading your reports. I can't wait to hear the reports from the cruise next year! :mickey:

January-2007
10-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks so much for the trip reports! Happy planning! :mickey:

goofy for pluto
10-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Wonderful detailed trip reports!
Thanks for sharing!!! :thumbsup:
:mickey:

laward32
10-27-2008, 09:47 PM
What a great trip. I am so glad you have great memories to replace the bad ones from last year. We are planning a cruise next year to and I also bought the passporter and have read it front and back and half way through again. I still hav a year to wait, but I should be an expert by then. Thanks agian for sharing.:mickey: