PDA

View Full Version : Post Hurricane Ike Fall Fun "Redo" Trip-Day 8

angel8783
10-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Day 8-Epcot II
Today was Epcot part II. Originally it was planned to be our Future World day, but we had so much time with the light crowds that this turned into our see everything again day. We had also originally had lunch at Marrakesh planned, but cancelled it for our dinner at Narcossees the night before. Instead we had started out about 10:30 at our favorite food court, Sunshine Seasons. This was our chance to have the yummy turkey sandwich again! DH got chips with his and I had the chocolate mousse cake. It was a yummy lunch. We got fastpasses after we got our food. During the first part of our waiting time we ate our lunch. We were planning on standing in the standby line of Soarin then using our fastpasses but by the time we were done eating it was at a 45 minute wait so then I suggested we go on Living with the Land again as I really love this boat ride. DH resisted until I reminded him we didn’t have anything else to do (oh how I wish I could say that right now, that the only thing I had to do was ride Living with the Land) and I didn’t want to wait 45 minutes. At my insistence we went on the boat ride. When we got off… Soarin had a 10 minute wait!! We jumped in line and walked right on! After that ride, our fastpass time was up, so we walked right on again through the fastpass line. I have ridden this ride MANY times, including 3 times in California. This was our 4th ride of the trip, a record for us, and we have never sat in the 1st row, the top. This last ride, we finally got it… 1st row center. What an amazing view of the film! I always wanted to sit there, but just felt like I would get it when I got it… and what a way to say goodbye to my favorite ride until next year!
After our fun in The Land, we headed over the Ellen’s Energy Adventure. I know some people don’t like this attraction, but I do. Ellen is funny and the story is somewhat timeless, although her wardrobe and cell phone are not (very 1990’s). I also love the soundtrack/music that goes with this attraction… it just says Disney World to me. After Ellen had her adventure, we headed over to World Showcase, and we were hungry again… it was midafternoon and had been a few hours since our last meal (we spent a lot of time in The Land this trip). We headed to Mexico and got some counter service. Coming from Texas, home of Tex-Mex, I find this food mediocre, but familiar also. I got the kids meal and DH got the burrito I think. We ate on the patio looking across the lagoon at World Showcase and listening to Off Kilter who you could hear very, very well across the water.
After our snack, we took a friendship boat to the Germany and I bought one of their drinking glasses that had Stitch lasered on. These are probably my favorite drinking glasses in Disney to collect, and yes, I also drink out of all my “collections”. We took off toward the American Pavilion one more time to see American Adventure without falling asleep. I was feeling much better this day, so no chance of that happening. We heard the Voices of Liberty again (mostly different singers today) and watched the show again… it’s much better when you watch the whole thing and don’t fall asleep.
After the American Adventure it was off to see Impressions of France one more time. By the time the show was over it was about an hour until our reservation at Le Cellier… which I just love! Last year we had lunch there, and while good, dinner has a better menu. We checked in and watched others get turned away who didn’t have reservations. Once inside we ordered the mushroom steaks with mashed potatoes. I ordered a sour apple freeze (non alcoholic) and water. DH ordered tea, because the waitress said they had sweet n low. They didn’t, only the yellow and blue stuff. Now, I love Splenda in my coffee, but in ice tea, we think the pink stuff is the way to go (and we are good southern sweet tea drinkers). DH exchanged his tea for coke because he didn’t want tea with Splenda. We both really loved our steaks, but they just weren’t as good as Narcossess. I overlooked that… DH couldn’t. He had the chocolate moose for dessert, which I introduced him to way back in 05 and I tried the maple crème Brule. Now, I don’t eat much crème brule, but this stuff was runny and not all that solid, like it hadn’t set for long enough before they torched it, so I only ate half of it… I would learn the next day what real crème brule tastes like! We left Le Cellier and shopped at Mousegears and then went to our coveted spot to wait for Illuminations. They let us past the rope again and we got our fantastic view super close to the fire barge! It was amazing once again… especially because a local girl was there with her friends behind us and was telling them the detailed story of the fireworks. I can’t remember all the details or I would put them in this report, but it makes the show better to know the story behind it. I think the local girl had a brother or boyfriend who works for the illuminations crew because she made a comment about how “he just texted me and said he is in the control booth…oh, I guess the control booth is where the boat just came out from” It was at this point that I knew we had been picking a great spot for illuminations because if the local was watching it from here, then it must be good!
We left Epcot after the fireworks super happy even though we had to wait forever to get a bus and get back to the resort. It was our last night, but we had had a great one!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Sounds like a great day - especially with the first row on Soarin'

I'm sorry the maple creme brulee wasn't up to snuff, it is one of my favourite desserts :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
10-15-2008, 06:51 AM
Wow! You guys made some yummy dining picks this trip! Sounds like a magical day!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Sounds like a really great day at Epcot

yjgirl32
10-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Great report. Glad to hear you weren't as tired. SOrry to hear about Le Cellier- that's kind of scary for me since this was the one place I was really really looking forward to
eating here. Thanks again for sharing.

angel8783
10-15-2008, 11:04 AM
With the steaks at Le Cellier, they are really good, but the meals at Narcosses also had lobster and the steaks were better seasoned. But Narcossess is really expensive compared to Le Cellier, almost twice the price and so I am sure that impacts the level of food quality too (like the cuts of steak etc) I still really recommend Le Cellier, and will probably eat there next time as well.

Mackflava99
10-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Funny report-
I liked the part about Splenda-

Thanks for sharing

DizNee143
10-15-2008, 01:57 PM
i hate when vacations come to an end..seems like a great time was had by the both of you in epcot today! :mickey:

pdrlkr
10-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
10-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Glad you're feeling better! Another lovely day in the World!

tinkerbell04
10-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks for sharing. I am glad that you are feeling better today!

KylesMom
10-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Aw, I'm so bummed that it's your last night! :( It sure sounds like you played to the fullest today, though! Thanks for sharing another magical time with us! :mickey:

P.S. - Really cool about the insights you received while watching Illuminations!

January-2007
10-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

goofy for pluto
10-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the report! :thumbsup:

laward32
10-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Congrats on the front row center of Soarin' and getting the good spot for Illuminations again. What a great last day. Thanks for sharing.:mickey: