biodtl
10-14-2008, 12:01 PM
The cast:
Me – 29 (OK, 40)
DH – 49
DS – 11
DD – 4

Day 7: Friday, October 10th

Today was an Epcot day. We slept in until about 8:00 and then got up, ate and headed out. It was crowded today. We hit SE first thing and it was the longest wait we had all week for it. Every other time, we pretty much walked right on, but today, it wound around both sides first. Still, it went pretty quick. Afterwards, we headed to get some Soarin FPs, and it’s a good thing we did, because they were for 7:30-8:00!!

Then, we went to The Seas and meandered around the aquariums for quite a while. We had a 2:00 ADR at Coral Reef and didn’t want to venture too far. We got checked in and seated pretty quickly at nice seats – first level in a booth facing the tank (http://www.flickr.com/photos/66821939@N00/2941699582/in/set-72157608026085829/). DH got his personalized menu (http://www.flickr.com/photos/66821939@N00/2940846445/in/set-72157608026085829/) and was very surprised and touched. My big disappointment, though, was that we were supposed to have a diver but never got one! I was bummed out, but oh well, it was nice anyway. I had a blackberry mojito, a salad, and the blackened catfish with pepperjack grits. Yummmy! The guys had steaks (again).

After lunch, DH and DS headed back to DTD for a couple of hours and DD and I went to wander WS. We went in shops, met some (http://www.flickr.com/photos/66821939@N00/2941700102/in/set-72157608026085829/) characters (http://www.flickr.com/photos/66821939@N00/2940846789/in/set-72157608026085829/) and stopped to watch live performances and had a great time. I got her a passport and we got all the countries stamped (except Canada – we ran out of time  Oh well – we’ll get it next time.

We had found out that morning that we had 4 TS credits each, so we wanted to use them up. Since we had a late lunch, we planned on snacking a little, then looking for a late dinner ADR. I had tried concierge that morning, but everything was booked. But I managed to get a walk-up ADR for Japan, which was exactly what we wanted – the kids love the hibachi cooking and we love the healthy, good food.

As the sun started to go down, DH and DS called and said they were on their way. I told them to meet me at the land and I headed there shortly afterward. On the way, it suddenly burst into pouring rain. I got a sleeping DD covered then got my poncho on, but I still got pretty wet. On the way to the Land, I stopped in the covered area near the character stop. I called DS to find out where they were and as he was trying to describe their location, I thought it sounded familiar. I stood up and there they were, across the way! We made our way to The Land, and parked the stroller in a dry spot (but left the cover on knowing it could be moved) and headed inside.

It was only a few minutes before out FPs were valid, so we hung out until we could get on. We enjoyed our last flight of the trip (the line was WAY too long to wait again) and then worked our way across the park to Mexico so we could hit the Kidcot stops that DD and I had missed (we did the other half earlier). In Mexico, I took the kids in to get the stamp and DH got us a drink. When we came out, the kids wanted to keep walking, but I said, “We have to wait – Daddy wants to meet us by the Mexico sign,” and then a grown man standing nearby started mocking me. I mean actually saying in a weird mocking voice, over and over “Daddy wants to meet us by the Mexico sign” over and over again! It was bizarre! I think he was loaded, but still – very weird.

We made our way through the countries, on our way to Japan for dinner. We caught some of Illuminations before we had to check in. We had a great dinner and a great chef. The people we sat with were nice, too. After dinner it was one more ride on Test Track and then off to bed.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Thanks for sharing, I'm really enjoying your trip reports!

Sounds like another busy, and slightly wet, yet great day!

I'm glad you had a good trip :mickey:

jrkcr
10-14-2008, 12:55 PM
OK, this is weird.....we're trying japan for the first time ever on our next trip. :D

As for the weird guy repeating you in Mexico....just picturing this made me laugh!! Yeah, probably had too much :marg: I have a toy parrot that will repeat whatever you say, and I love making it say crazy things. I think I would have had too much fun with the :marg: man.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-14-2008, 01:59 PM
thanks for the report

biodtl
10-14-2008, 03:01 PM
OK, this is weird.....we're trying japan for the first time ever on our next trip.
Haha! We definitely have similar tastes!

As for the weird guy repeating you in Mexico....just picturing this made me laugh!! Yeah, probably had too much I have a toy parrot that will repeat whatever you say, and I love making it say crazy things. I think I would have had too much fun with the man.
If the kids hadn't been there, I probably would have, but you never know what a drunk or a weirdo might say ;)

DizNee143
10-14-2008, 04:26 PM
what a great long day at epcot!! well for half of you guys!! lol sounds like everyone had a great day!! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
10-14-2008, 09:28 PM
I too, got the blackened catfish with grits at the Coral Reef!!! Yummy!
The guy in Mexico sounds creepy!!

laward32
10-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Another great day with rain! What a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing. I have enjoyed reading them and looking at your pics.:mickey:

ljv1975
10-15-2008, 10:13 PM
I am enjoying your reports. Reading about the creepy guy in Mexico made me LOL and DH is now looking at me like I'm a weirdo. Haha. I'm sorry that you're getting rained on so much!!

pdrlkr
10-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
10-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Except for the rain and the strange man, it was a very lovely day!

yjgirl32
10-18-2008, 04:12 PM
I love the Coral Reef. I am also hoping to get reservations for our Anniversary so that I cn surprise DH with a personalized menu. Thanks for sharing.

tinkerbell04
10-18-2008, 05:19 PM
The personalized menu looks awesome! thanks for sharing.:mickey:

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 11:28 PM
excellent pics-
Personalized menu? very cool

January-2007
11-08-2008, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the trip report. :mickey: