biodtl
10-14-2008, 12:00 PM
The cast:
Me – 29 (OK, 40)
DH – 49
DS – 11
DD – 4

Day 6: Thursday, October 9th

Today was DD’s big day – the Bibbiti Bobbiti Boutique! We got up early and got showered/bathed and headed out. The guys were going to Disney Quest today and would be meeting us for the Halloween party tonight.. I made sure we had an hour to get there and we still almost didn’t make it! The buses had been great up until today, but wow did we wait. We saw buses for every other park - and sometimes three in a row (often lined up behind each other) for a particular park – AK, DHS, Epcot – but no MK. I was starting to get worried, since they wanted us there at 10:00 and it was getting close. Finally a bus came and we crammed on. We didn’t get to the park until 10:00, and then by the time we got through the security check and the gates, we were definitely running behind. We skipped the locker for now, and I dragged all of our stuff, costumes, bags and all to the castle as fast as I could without running or crashing into anyone. Between the heat, all the stuff and the fact that I am not in shape, I was dying! But we got there and got checked in no problem.

Princess Emily loved it from Moment One. She picked Ariel’s gown, since she already has Belle and Ariel is her second favorite. She considered the wedding gown (I’m kind of glad she didn’t go with it because it’s white and she was sure to spill something) and also Belle’s red gown (which I steered her away from because of the long sleeves – it was HOT). The Fairy Godmothers in Training were so sweet and treated everyone like royalty. When we went in the back to get dressed, DD couldn’t stop looking at herself (http://www.flickr.com/photos/66821939@N00/2941690368/in/set-72157608026085829/) in the mirror (http://www.flickr.com/photos/66821939@N00/2940837355/in/set-72157608026085829/). She loved getting made over (http://www.flickr.com/photos/66821939@N00/2941692712/in/set-72157608026085829/) and cheesed it up (http://www.flickr.com/photos/66821939@N00/2940839175/in/set-72157608026085829/) for the camera every chance she got. She was so happy with the final (http://www.flickr.com/photos/66821939@N00/2941694358/in/set-72157608026085829/) result (http://www.flickr.com/photos/66821939@N00/2940842433/in/set-72157608026085829/), and quite liked that she got a goody bag to take home. She also liked having her photo session. We got there at a good time, because there was no line at all (I saw a long one later on).

We decided to come back later to pick them u[ and headed to the lockers to store out stuff. After all the stress of the morning, I did a stupid thing. I opened the locker, put my stuff in and left – didn’t take the key. Of course, I didn’t know this yet.

In the meantime, we made our rounds in the park, waiting a LONG time to meet Ariel (http://www.flickr.com/photos/66821939@N00/2940843881/in/set-72157608026085829/) in the sun (but DD’s excitement was worth it). We got FPs for Peter Pan, because the line was (of course) way too long. We stopped in Pinocchio’s to get some lunch and lucked into a table by the window. Not long after we sat however, DD had to go to the bathroom and couldn’t hold it. So, without the extra help of DH or DS, I had to carry our tray of food (covered with napkins) into the long bathroom line and into the bathroom (YUCK!) Luckily, DD can go by herself now and I waited as far from the stalls as I could. She got her hands washed* and we headed back inside to eat.

*here’s an off-topic thing – I like that WDW has lower sinks for kids, but what I don’t understand is 1) why all the restrooms don’t have them, 2) why some are higher than others (and still a little high for small ones) and 3) why the sinks and towels are low, but they put the soap so far out of reach??

Anyway, a nice CM saw me struggling with the tray and door and found us an open table. After eating, it was back to the rides. We – of course – hit HM again (I can’t believe she loves this so much). Here, I encountered my only blatant line-jumper. I saw a lot of the one or two people wait and then 10 barge in when it gets closer (which I hate), but this was flat out jumping. The line was pretty long, and it was hot, but HM still moved pretty quickly. And as DD and I were waiting, this family sort of wanders up and stands next to us. I thought they were looking at the line, or the building or the sign or something and then I heard on of the daughters say “I think the line is back there’ and the dad says, “No – we’re fine! We’re waiting, see?” I’m sorry, but I don’t think so. I spoke up and said, “If you are looking for the HM live, it’s back there.” The dad gave me a dirty look and muttered something, but they left. You know, I know sometimes it’s hard to tell where the line ends, but in this case, the kids tried to tell him, and he was having no parts of it (and also – it was pretty obvious). What a doofus. The people behind me were saying how glad they were that I spoke up. After that, we went on to pretty much everything we could (including TTA about 4 times in a row to rest). Around this time, I called the guys to see when they would be getting there because I was in need to some backup. They were on a bus to the Contemporary, so they could ride the monorail to MK. I decided to head to Exposition Hall to pick up the BBB photos and told them to meet us there.

After we go the photos (So cute!), we headed to the lockers so I could store the photos and change into my costume. This is when I discovered my very dumb move. I have to add that DH was in a crabby mood when he showed up and this did not help a bit. I couldn’t find my key, so I went to the desk and asked what do we do about it? The manager went with me to the locker I thought was mine, but it was empty. He opened the one above it so I could check to make sure it wasn’t mine. It wasn’t. He told me that they DID find a locker that had a key in the lock and stuff inside and that they sent it to Town Hall. Fingers crossed, I headed over to see if it was mine. After waiting in a pretty long line (people were buying MNSSHP tix), I was pleased to find that it was mine! Yay! That could only happen in WDW. If I had done that in out local amusement park, that stuff would be long gone.

I headed to the ladies room to change into Snow White (http://www.flickr.com/photos/66821939@N00/2941698308/in/set-72157608026085829/) and then went to the lockers to stow my stuff. Still a little thrown off by what happened (and DH’s crabbiness), I locked up the locker and very pointedly stored the key. It wasn’t until I was halfway back to where they were sitting that I realized that I was carrying all my stuff. I was so busy worrying about not losing the key that I locked it up empty. So – back to the lockers, then back to meet the family (2/3 of whom were still crabby).

We headed to Tomorrowland, but as soon as we got there, the rain started. We got in a candy line, and then it picked up, so we waited it out for a little while on a bench out of the rain. Any guesses how this affected DH’s mood? If you guessed mean old crabby grouch – ding ding ding!!

Anyway, eventually, it slowed down and we headed out. It started out pretty crowded – longer lines than this time last year, but still not TOO bad – just more than I expected. The candy lines were extra long, too. We rode whatever we could, working our way through Tomorrowland, then on to Toontown, then Fantasyland. Of course we had to make a stop in Liberty Square for an HM run! After we got off, Mr. Crabby McGrouchypants was hungry, so he wanted to stop in Columbia Harbor House, but they were closed. He was happy about that. Not. We set out sights on Frontierland and Pecos Bill’s. We passed a few long candy lines on the way, which upset DD, but DH is bigger and thus a bigger grouch. I had to feed him first, then take care of the little one. As we were finishing the meal, we were able to get a good view of the parade from the terrace. DH and DS hit Big Thunder Mountain Railroad while DD and I got in several (now short) candy lines. Then DS and I walked right on Splash Mountain while DH and DD (now sleeping) waited.

By now, it was about 11:40, so we made our way out. DS and I would have stayed longer, but we knew not to poke the angry bear and figured it would be close to midnight when we got out anyway. We lucked out on a quick bus and were in bed pretty quick.

jrkcr
10-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Crabby McGrouchypants :haha: Nice name...can I borrow it? My DH never gets grouchy, but I sure do! :blush:

BBB sounds fabulous! And your princess is so pretty! :princess:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-14-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm sorry the rain got you again!

But, overall, it sounds like a pretty good day. Your DD really is a princess :princess:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-14-2008, 01:56 PM
sounds like a good day even with line jumpers

DizNee143
10-14-2008, 04:06 PM
what a very long day for all of you!!
so glad you found all the stuff that was in the locker!!..

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-14-2008, 07:13 PM
She looked beautiful for her BBB!!! adorable!

yjgirl32
10-14-2008, 07:45 PM
How cute- moments like that are why I would love to have a little girl. Very nice report- sorry about mr crabbypants. Thanks for sharing.

mouseketeer mom
10-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks for sharing a magical day..and happy all the locker stuff worked out!

laward32
10-14-2008, 09:56 PM
OH, she was so beautiful. I love BBB, I mean my girls love BBB, ha! ha! They can't wait to go back and do it again. You are right about your stuff, if you had been anywhere else it would of been gone. Gotta love the Disney magic. We did MNSSHP last year and my only complaint was the candy lines. They know how many tickets they sell, so you would think they would have more lines. It wastes a lot of your time to do the other things.:mickey:

ljv1975
10-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Wow! What a busy day! First of all, your daughter looked so beautiful! I can't wait to take Sophie to BBB. I'm glad that you found all of your stuff and sorry to hear about your grouchy DH. All in all, it sounds like you guys had fun at MNSSHP, even with the rain - again! I can't wait to read more!

pdrlkr
10-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
10-17-2008, 10:10 AM
What a magical day with your daughter! Thank goodness all of the items left in the unlocked locker made it safely back to you.

By now, it was about 11:40, so we made our way out. DS and I would have stayed longer, but we knew not to poke the angry bear and figured it would be close to midnight when we got out anyway. We lucked out on a quick bus and were in bed pretty quick.
Been there, done that - and you're right - don't poke the angry bear! :D DH gets that way at least once on our trips, and the best thing is to go back to the room and tuck HIM into bed! :D

I'm at work and the site your pictures are on is blocked - I can't wait to get home tonight to see them!

Hoping (for your sake) that DH's mood improves by tomorrow!

Lizzie
10-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the report. Your locker story is something I would totally do.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
10-18-2008, 03:23 PM
I enjoyed looking over your pictures. You took some great shots.

faline
10-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Your daughter is an absolutely beautiful princess! Glad you were able to retrieve your belongings from your "locker"! Sorry the end of the day didn't quite go as planned!