biodtl
10-14-2008, 11:53 AM
The cast:
Me – 29 (OK, 40)
DH – 49
DS – 11
DD – 4

Day 4: Tuesday, October 7th

We slept in a bit today – I got up at 8:00 (compared to my normal wake time for 5:00 – it’s a luxury) and the family got up shortly afterward. We got our groceries this morning. I had waited too long to order and they had no openings until Monday. They came Monday, but we got back late and forgot. So Bell Services brought them right up this morning. We didn’t get a lot, just some milk, cereal, cereal bars, apple slices, soda and beer. We ended up not quite finishing everything, but it was still nice to have it. It made mornings and late evenings much easier.

After breakfast we headed to Typhoon Lagoon – it was our first water park in WDW (except for me – I had been to River Country many times as a child). We stopped to rent towels and a locker and get a mug, then went straight to the wave pool. Let me tell you – we were not prepared for the giant wall of water. We were all in pretty shallow water when it hit, but it still got us. DD and I managed to keep from going down, but DS and DH did not. And DH scraped his arm pretty bad on the bottom. Except for the rough surface on the bottom, we loved it, though.

We stayed there for while a while, then I took DD to the kids’ area. She got bored, so we headed back to find DH and DS. This is probably my least favorite thing about water parks – finding people. Since you can’t have your cell phone, it’s luck and prayer. By the time we found each other, we decided to get some lunch. After lunch, we went to make our rounds on the slides. We hit Crush n Gusher first, and then right after, it started to rain. We were planning on waiting it out, since what the heck – we were already wet, but then it started to POUR. We waited for quite a while, but it started to get pretty miserable. So much for the towels.

We felt bad about missing the other slides – especially the family one, since DD wanted to try that one, but we all agreed that we wanted to get out of the downpour. So we grabbed a bus back to the resort and got cleaned up for Downtown Disney (http://www.flickr.com/photos/66821939@N00/2941680090/in/set-72157608026085829/). We managed to get a last-minute ADR for Wolfgang Puck Café, so we caught the boat – which we loved – and were on our way. We did a little shopping first – I finally got a personalized ornament – in the past I waited too long and didn’t have time to get it done. The kids wanted legos, so we hit the lego store next. DD was disappointed because they didn’t have any Bellville sets in stock. I am going to have to go online and get her some this Christmas – she wants them, but no one ever carried them, so she was looking forward to the lego store. DH stayed and shopped with DS and I took DD back to Once Upon a Toy to do the My Little Pony thing. This is by far the best deal in WDW! We managed to get a pony and every single outfit and accessory into that box, so she was happy. I had a weird CM encounter here when I asked her a question (I wanted to verify that it was one price/all you can fit before we started and she told me that I would have to ask someone else because she was working. Ummm…OK?? Strange. But we got our answer from a return customer and got our stuff.

Then we met up with the guys and strolled to Wolfgang Puck. We had a nice meal – steak again for DS (he was loving the chance to eat so much steak) and also for DH and I had the meatloaf. So good, but SO filling. I saved a little room for berry cobbler, though. We barely walked out of there. We caught the boat back to the marketplace stop and got there just in time to catch another back to the resort.

yjgirl32
10-14-2008, 11:58 AM
I love water parks. SOrry to hear you got stuck in the rain. Sounds like you made the most of the day and still managed to have a good time. Great! Thanks for sharing.

jrkcr
10-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Sorry it rained so much.

Please, tell me more about this My LIttle Pony thing! All the details-where was this, what did you get, how much was it?
Thanks!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the report...that CM was either an airhead or extremely rude

biodtl
10-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Please, tell me more about this My LIttle Pony thing! All the details-where was this, what did you get, how much was it?

It's $20 and you take a box and everything you can fit in that box is yours for that price. I'd say the boxes are about 5x7x4. You can do multiples ponies or ponies with accesspories - whatever you want. DD didn't have any ponies yet, so we got one and then managed to get all the costumes - they have most if the princesses, plus Tink and Minnie and each has a skirt, cape type thing, headwear of some sort, and either shoes, or ither accessory (like earrings, or genie's lamp, etc. Therer is also a wedding costume with a wedding cake. And there are some brushes, combs and mirrors, too. Awesome deal!

The CM working there told us that as long as one side of the box closes, it's considered "legal"

DizNee143
10-14-2008, 03:56 PM
of course another awesome day you guys had!! thats awesome you were able to stuff so much into the box for the my little pony!!! :mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-14-2008, 06:58 PM
DH stayed and shopped with DS and I took DD back to Once Upon a Toy to do the My Little Pony thing. This is by far the best deal in WDW! We managed to get a pony and every single outfit and accessory into that box, so she was happy.

I LOVE doing this with Emmy! It is such a good deal... We were able to get 3 ponies, 3 of each outfit (complete) and a bed!!! We stuffed and our box barely closed but the CM was great and sad "the tops are touching each other...Looks closed to me!" Have you done the Mr. Potato Head thing at Once-Upon-A-Toy? So fun too... we have done the box and the HUGE Mr. Potato tub thing for $45. But still a great deal. The CM there helped us really stuff TONS more stuff into the big one before we checked out. About twice as much stuff as we had originally picked out. They know how to get it all in there.

mouseketeer mom
10-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Isn't Wolfgang Pucks yummy? I too, got the meatloaf on our last two times there. It is sooo filling though!
Thanks for sharing another great day!

laward32
10-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Sorry about the rain. We've never done a water park. One day! Looks like you had a good day other than the rain. I'll have to check into the My Little Pony thing on our next trip. My youngest DD loves the ponies. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

#1disneyfan
10-15-2008, 09:37 AM
I had to chuckle when I read your report about the wave pool at TL! We were in the pool just walking around waiting for it to start and OH MY GOSH, it knocked all of us down! That pool really packs a punch. Both DH and I lost our glasses when we were knocked down. I luckily found mine, but DH did not. We ended up having to buy new ones while on vacation!

Too bad you got rained out also, but sounds like you made the most of it at DTD!

I wish they had that Pony thing when DD was younger, she would have loved it!

ljv1975
10-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Sorry to hear about the rain. I'm glad that you had a good day in the long run! I didn't know about the My Little Pony thing - I will definetly do this with DD. Thanks for another great report!

faline
10-15-2008, 09:53 PM
When the wave machine isn't working, it looks like a nice, calm pool but when the first BOOM comes, it can really take you off guard!

You covered lots of ground and had a very nice day - even if you did have some rain!

pdrlkr
10-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
10-17-2008, 09:53 AM
We also have never been to a water park - it sounds like you were having a good time until the rains came. :(

Don't you just love DTD? Something for everyone there!

I had a weird CM encounter here when I asked her a question (I wanted to verify that it was one price/all you can fit before we started and she told me that I would have to ask someone else because she was working. Ummm…OK?? We had a similar experience with a Disney CM at the Xmas Store, except on the other end of the spectrum. I was looking for the Mickey Icon ornament stands & couldn't locate them, so I approached a gentleman who, for all practical purposes, looked like he worked there (he was dressed in the typical plaid costume & had a "D" pin on). I asked him a question and got the response, "I don't know 'cause I DON'T WORK HERE!" Very bizzarre and very unprofessional - and terrible customer service. If you wear the uniform and are "bumming" around in a store, the least you could do is to point out a CM who might be able to help you! I'm glad your question was answered and DD got her "pony pack".

Looking forward to the next report! :mickey:

Lizzie
10-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Water park is so much fun. We have quite the collection of potatoe head parts, after a few trips there there were only a few last time that we don't have. My girls will probably want to do the my little pony one next time. Looking forward to it.