PDA

View Full Version : cost of taxi back to airport

scootch713
10-14-2008, 07:37 AM
anyone know this?? from WL?? thanks.

BigRedDad
10-14-2008, 07:55 AM
I am not sure exactly, but my understanding is that it is almost as much as a Towncar.

vicster
10-14-2008, 08:43 AM
It's quite a distance so it might be expensive. Why not use ME?

Beast_fanatic
10-14-2008, 08:57 AM
It'll be $50+ for a one-way trip.

Here's a taxi fare finder (http://www.mearstransportation.com/TaxiFareEstimator.asp) to get an estimate.

scootch713
10-14-2008, 06:18 PM
It's quite a distance so it might be expensive. Why not use ME?

I have not had much luck with ME in the past. One year it got me to the airport only 50 min before my flight. I was traveling alone with two small kids and needed to check luggage, almost missed my flight. When ME was late, I begged for a taxi as I also planned on grabbing McDonald's at the airport and they kept saying I would arrive at the airport in plenty of time.

I then took it again last year and this time we were the first pick up and it seemed like we were on the bus forever. AGain, not very compatable when I take my girls by myself. I checked a towncar and the pickup time is 2 hours before the flight(so that saves me an hour of entertaining tired kids). I think that will work better for us. I can also use resort checkin, so won't have bags. Just was trying to figure out which was cheaper, taxi or towncar.

thanks!

VWL Mom
10-15-2008, 07:32 AM
We are using quicksilver in Nov $120 plus gratuity R/T. Have used them many times before and they are very reliable. If the taxi is $50 plus gratuity ow, I would go with towncar over taxi based on reliability.

Piglet822
10-15-2008, 01:43 PM
We are using quicksilver in Nov $120 plus gratuity R/T. Have used them many times before and they are very reliable. If the taxi is $50 plus gratuity ow, I would go with towncar over taxi based on reliability.

:ditto:

CleveRocks
10-16-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm confused.

When I think "reliability," I'm thinking "they show up to pick me up when they say they will (they won't forget about me)."

There are usually taxis waiting at the resorts, waiting there hoping for a walk-up fare. So if a taxi is sitting there waiting for someone, how could that taxi possibly be unreliable? You don't have to wait for them to show up at a certain time ... they are already there, waiting for whomever.

All this being said, I'd choose a car service over a taxi because I'd think the LEVEL OF SERVICE would be better with a car service than a taxi.

tigger_ttfn
10-17-2008, 06:53 AM
I'm using a towncar service this time (instead of ME). It was recommended by Magical Journeys. We used it on our Universal Trip and loved it. It's only $99 RT plus gratuity.
It's Sunray Transportation. :thumbsup:

VWL Mom
10-17-2008, 07:31 AM
I'm confused.

When I think "reliability," I'm thinking "they show up to pick me up when they say they will (they won't forget about me)."

There are usually taxis waiting at the resorts, waiting there hoping for a walk-up fare. So if a taxi is sitting there waiting for someone, how could that taxi possibly be unreliable? You don't have to wait for them to show up at a certain time ... they are already there, waiting for whomever.

When we needed a taxi from WL to SeaWorld we had to prearrange it with the front desk, same for early morning trip last year. They do not have taxi's out front. Might be because we do not travel peak season.

Piglet822
10-17-2008, 01:44 PM
The taxis are there - you might not see them but they are there.
They don't always sit out in front of the resort in plain sight - sometimes they are in a parking lot around a corner.

brian2000boston
10-17-2008, 03:38 PM
If you get on ME 3 hours prior to flight you shouldnt have any issues. We were waiting for flight almost 2 hours before take off. Good luck!

quicksilver
10-18-2008, 12:50 PM
anyone know this?? from WL?? thanks.

Hi,

A taxi from the Magic Kingdom resort will be no less than $60.00 gratuity not included), so, as said above, just as much as a service like ours but with a regular yellow taxi cab.:blush:

On another note; taxis are in most cases right outside or around the corner as mentioned before but depending on time of day and in peak seasons they might not be right there...:(

Best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.