PDA

View Full Version : Luigi's Garage: New Permanant Cars Meet 'n Greet

Melanie
10-14-2008, 01:54 AM
From OrlandoSentinel.com:

Walt Disney World gives permanent photo op home for 'Cars' characters

Car characters from the 2006 Disney- Pixar movie Cars finally have a permanent home at Walt Disney World for a new photo-opportunity location called Luigi's Garage.

The area gives young fans of the movie a chance to meet robotic versions of Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater, the animated characters whose voices in the movie were provided by Owen Wilson and Larry The Cable Guy.

The cars have been around Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park for a couple of years but have not had a permanent spot until Luigi's Garage was finished a couple of weeks ago, a Disney spokesman said. The spot, set in the fictional desert town of Radiator Springs, is located between the Muppet Vision 3-D attraction and the Lights Motor Action! attraction in the park's Streets of America section.

DisneyBabies
10-14-2008, 08:59 AM
DH and I went to DHS (when it was MGM) last year and did the meet and greet with the CARS characters to show DS when we got home. Do you know if this new meet and greet will be more organized than it was before? I mean, it was really crazy when we were there and you had 100 kids in the picture with you. Are they going to have it queue up like other meet and greets or is it going to be a madhouse when we go again in Feb 2009 (with DS this time)?

scottgr
10-14-2008, 09:18 AM
We were there last week. It was a cool set up for the kids. It was very organized. They had ropes up and line was formed. Each kid would get there own picture. My daughter jumped when Lighting revered his engine. It was funny :mickey:

DisneyBabies
10-14-2008, 09:22 AM
scottgr-
Thank you so much for that info, I wasn't relishing the thought of guiding my 5 year old through all thost screaming kids; it was hard enough for DH and I to get through (and we even waited 10 minutes before trying to get pics). Ds LOVES the CARS and that is a character greet we can't miss.

joanna71985
10-14-2008, 10:40 AM
DH and I went to DHS (when it was MGM) last year and did the meet and greet with the CARS characters to show DS when we got home. Do you know if this new meet and greet will be more organized than it was before? I mean, it was really crazy when we were there and you had 100 kids in the picture with you. Are they going to have it queue up like other meet and greets or is it going to be a madhouse when we go again in Feb 2009 (with DS this time)?

They've had a queue line for over a year now. First they were in front of the San Francisco backdrop, then they were over across from Backlot Tour. It makes everything so much easier now to meet the Cars.

Greenlawler
10-14-2008, 11:39 AM
I would bet that they will be adding some Cars in the distant future, with the announcement of the sequal.

Figment!
10-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Here are the pictures of the area per the Orlando Sentinel:

Lighting McQueen and Tow Mater (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/08/radiator_springs_b_10_8_8.jpg)

Tow Mater Close-Up
(http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/08/radiator_springs_a_10_8_8.jpg)