PDA

View Full Version : Aunt Apples Magical Adventures part 6 (the end)

cal5755
10-14-2008, 12:14 AM
Ok before I start writing I wanted to share with you some pictures from Chef Mickeys (http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee29/cal5755/?action=view&current=74385ae3.pbw). You will notice that Apple does not put her fork down in any picture lol... she did give goofy a bite though...a total shocker because she usually bites if you go near her food LOL.

Ok here we go!!

Day 11- we get up early and go check our bags with ME. We did keep my room for a late check out because we did not leave until 5:45 pm for the airport and with Apple we wanted a place to rest so we were able to keep the room until 3 pm. What a relief to be able to leave our carryons in the room. After checking baggage we took a bus to AKL for breakfast at Boma's. My son loved trying all the different african dishes. I think Aunt Apple really knew this was our last day because she started getting really onry. We enjoyed a yummy breakfast and when we told Apple it was time to go she got up from her seat and said she needed more soup first lol. DH had to rush for the w/c and sneak it in behind her knees and sit her and belt her in quick. Thankfully she still had some muffin in her mouth and it muffled the not so nice words she was yelling at him. DH wheeled Apple out and up the elevator while the rest of us finished up. My favorite part came next. I got to be SANTA CLAUSE!! We had so many meals left over from our Deluxe plan that I talked to the server and said "there is no way we can use these and I hate for them to go to waste so can you find us 8 people who are paying OOP and let us pay for their meals?" I was so excited when she said yes!! First it was a table of 2 who were sitting behind us. Then 5 minutes later it was a family of 4, a mom, dad and 2 kids. The parents came over and thanked us. Then about 10 minutes later our waitress comes back with my card and says we did it!!!! all you need to do is sign the reciepts. The final couple came over to us and with thick accents said " we have traveled to many countries and in many restaurants and this has never happened to us before. Thank you so much for being so kind. That was so special to us." I was just so happy....I love being SANTA!! After breakfast we headed back to the hotel so the kids could do some swimming. Aunt Apple and I relaxed in the room watching t.v. At 3 pm we gathered up our carry on luggage and left the room. We went and checked out and then headed to the cafe for lunch. While DH, Apple and the kids started eating, Mom and I went to the store to get a million snacks to take home as souveniers. When we came back to the cafe, Michelle said "mommy I gave another special thank you card to the lady who keeps making sure Apple is ok and moving chairs so we can get by" As Mom and I are in line getting our lunch, Michelle and Jaquelynn were picked to be CHEF's OF THE DAY!!! (http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee29/cal5755/?action=view&current=ed662f7c.pbw). They had so much fun making messy sundaes!! Jaquelynn had chocolate all down the front of her that I had to try and clean up before leaving...it was priceless. The girls got balloons too and since they couldn't take them on the plane they each gave two away to other little girls and then when we were outside waiting for the ME bus they let 2 go up to heaven to their Great Nana and Cousin Robbie. Their thoughtfulness made me cry. When the ME bus comes Apple doesnt want to get on. Once we get her on and seated I told her to sit back and relax and she said "I don't have to sit back if I dont want to and I am just not gonna" The bus driver was cracking up the whole way to the airport because she argued with everything I said!! AND it was a looong ride too because of an accident that closed one of the roads... we just made our boarding call so there was no wait at all at the airport. Anyway when we first got on the ME bus, Michelle lost it and started bawling and that made Jaquelynn cry and some lady sitting behind them said she wanted to cry too. Don't cry girls we are going back again next year!!
Our first flight was a good flight. Apple was by the windo again and when I put her seatbelt on she said "well good lord you didnt have to squeeze my butt (not the word she used) off!!" HELLO my face is red as everyone in hearing distance is giggling...she had a drink and a snack I brought and then she stole my drink when I was talking to my cousin and when I looked back she put it down real fast and spilled it down my leg and on my sandle...nice sticky soggy sandle!! Then she tells me how clumsy I am!! AHHHH the plane lands and we have a connecting flight. Well as the plane is unloading, Apple is trying to get up and I tell her it is not time yet we have to wait a few minutes for people to move. She is having NONE of this lol. She is getting off the plane and off it NOW!! So I am holding her hand trying to calm her down and she is threatening to beat me up. I am good for nothing making her leave anyway....I know Apple I feel the same way. So we finally get off the plane and Apple is so fired up, the w/c is not at the door and Apple is sprinting up the hall to get away from me.... now when this woman is mad she can run I swear. So DH now has her arm and I am hurrying with the w/c. I get up to her and she tells me it is time to get out of her sight or else. Everyone is laughing, the kids, the adults, the strangers in the area. So DH takes over for me at this point because when Apple doesn't like me she just adores him. We get to our next flight and get to our seats and Me and Michelle are accross the isle from DH and Apple. Apple is by the window again and sees me .. I am in the isle seat so there is only DH and the isle between me and Apple. Before I sit down I apologize in advance for any bad words Apple may say. The stewardess said... "you should have heard what that sweet little thing said about you as you were coming down the isle" and half the plane is cracking up... NO I dont want to know LOL!! So I sit down and am talkin to DH and Apple grabs his chin and tells him "do not look at her" I am laughing so hard at this point the tears are coming down. DH starts talking to me and Apple says "go ahead talk to that (bad word) see if I care, but don't try to talk to me after" The stewardess comes by at this point and of course fusses over her and adds to it by asking Apple if she want me off the plane. My stomache hurt so much from laughing before that plane took off. And the more people around us laughed at her the more of a show she put on. Once we were in the air though she settled down fine and had a snack and a drink. Halfway through the flight Michelle remember that we made a special thank you card for the pilots that said "thank you for flying us home safetly" with a picture of the girls so she gave it to the stewardess along with thank you cards to them. They were tickled pink and the pilot made a special announcement to thank them. It was a MAGICAL FLIGHT (http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee29/cal5755/?action=view&current=da4c78c4.pbw)home!! You have to check those pictures out to see what I mean!! The pilot wrote them a very nice thank you on an airtran post card!! It was soooo special!! Our last days was my favorite day of the vacation!!

FINAL THOUGHTS : I can only pray that Apple will be us for next years trip because I had so much fun and she had the most "aware" weeks since she came to live with us. She has asked several times to go back to the carnival or "lets go on the bus and get something good to eat" I hope I am as lively at 96 as she is! She was a joy to have during this trip...until we told her it was time to go home that is lol.

Thank you cards were a HUGE hit with the CM's. We do thank you's but this year we printed off picture post cards with the girls from last years BBB visit....each card said "Thanks for adding to the MAGIC" Each of them were given 25 to hand out through the week. They gave them to bus drivers, photographers, a street sweeper, and lots of special CM's. We also had special ones printed for BBB fairgodmothers that said "Thanks for the princess Makeover" and we made one for each of the 3 pilots...1 on the way there and 2 on the way home.... You would not believe what these cards meant to some of the people they handed them too. It was an amazing experience in itself and my heart melted on many occasions when my girls did this. We will definately be doing this again!! The CM's were so surprised!!

I highly recommend giving your kids a digital camera. I had an extra one the kids shared and I loved seeing things through their EYES. (http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee29/cal5755/?action=view&current=cbed90d9.pbw) Those are some of my favorites...most of those are by Michelle...and ALL of the Chef of the Day pictures were taken by my son as were some of the pictures of the girls with the princesses...he did a great job with the camera since I had my hands full with Apple. Next year I am going to give them all one of their own.

My sincere THANKS to intercot for all the tips and stories I read here that help so much when we are in WDW and for reading these reports and keeping my addiction fed between trips. AND A SUPER HUGE THANK YOU to Kathy from MJ!! I will never not book through her again. It was so much less stress for me AND she called me towards the end of my trip to let me know that the next trip was not only paid for because free dining came up that we were going to get a credit!! THANK YOU KATHY!!

Ok I am done now... but here is a slide show ALL ABOUT APPLE (http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee29/cal5755/?action=view&current=d1c2a396.pbw)... I couldn't resist!!

ljv1975
10-14-2008, 12:37 AM
I really loved all of your reports and pictures! You have such a beautiful family and it really seems like you all had such a great trip. I was thinking about getting my daughter one of those kids digital cameras for Christmas because she always wants to mess with mine. After seeing the photos your children took, I think I will get her one! That is such a great idea. Thanks again for sharing your trip with us. I really enjoyed it!!

mouseketeer mom
10-14-2008, 06:46 AM
Cheryl,
Your report was one of my favorite that I ever read., It was such a joy to read. Your family is just beautiful with hearts of gold. I love the part of you playing Santa Claus at Boma! Thank you for taking me on your magical trip with you. This is the first trip report I ever shared with my kids, it was so special! Thank you! Lisa
I'm so sad I won't be reading about Apple again until next year!

RedSoxFan
10-14-2008, 07:46 AM
I just loved reading all your trip reports and about Aunt Apple's adventures. You have a very special family.

VWL Mom
10-14-2008, 07:52 AM
I enjoyed reading all about you trip and seeing your photos (especially the BBB makeover for Aunt Apple). I hope the Magical parts made up for the unMagical start.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Your reports made my week

Diznee4Me
10-14-2008, 09:51 AM
I have enjoyed reading all of your reports. Thanks for sharing them us.:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
10-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks for all the great Reports! :smickey:

yjgirl32
10-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Your reports have been so much fun to read. I'm really going to miss them. Thanks so much for sharing. Can't wait till the November reports.

Ps. I agree Kathy from MJ is great!!! I won't book with anyone else!

jrkcr
10-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Sounds like everyone had a great time!

Lizzie
10-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Thanks for all your reports it looks like you had a great trip and so many great memories.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Thank-you for all the wonderful reports! It sounds like you guys had a great time!

LuvsTigger80
10-14-2008, 07:01 PM
I'm gonna miss reading your trip reports. It makes me want to go on our trip now. :mickey: Aunt Apple is very lucky to have you in her life. You are 1 in a million to take her in and care for her like she was your own family :thumbsup:Not many people would. Hope you have many more Magical Adventures with her and your family. :mickey:

princessgirls
10-14-2008, 10:55 PM
Cheryl,

Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful adventures with Aunt Apple and your family.

Aunt Apple is a true character and thanks for sharing her with us.

God Bless you all!

Julie:mickey:

wwgirl
10-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Your trip reports were the most touching I have ever read. The generosity and open heartedness of your family is astounding - Apple is very lucky and I know that she is a welcome addition to your family.

God bless you all.

Mackflava99
10-15-2008, 12:22 PM
I must say that your reports were some of the best i have seen ( even better than mine :))
But seriously, you are such a kind hearted person to provide some Magic to Apple and make her experience so much-

My hat goes off to you- Thanks so much for sharing these adventures with us, i enjoyed them!!!!

Bryan

KathyMJ
10-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Thank you for sharing your trip! I laughed just as hard reading the posts as I did when you shared your trip with me on the phone.

Apple has brought a lot of joy to many people. And you are such a special family to take such good care of her. Your children are learning some of the most important lessons in life.

I love that the girls hand out "thank you" cards! I have mine hanging in my office on my board. I will be printing a picture of your family and one of Apple to put their as well. I think I'll put Apple's smack in the middle of all the photo's and post cards that I get from clients!!! After all, it's not every day that I get a 96 year old client!

Thank you again for sharing. I can't wait to hear about "Apple's Antics" in November!!:mickey:

laward32
10-16-2008, 04:23 PM
I hope you still have SEVERAL years with Aunt Apples. I am glad you had such a great time and she kept you laughing. That was such a nice thing you did with your extra credits. I loved reading all about your trip and looking at your pics. Thanks for sharing your wonderful memories.:mickey:

faline
10-17-2008, 07:24 PM
What an amazing and loving family you have! I've greatly enjoyed exploring Disney World along with Aunt Apple and the rest of your family!

tinkerbell04
10-18-2008, 05:12 PM
You had quite a trip! I have enjoyed reading about your adventures, thanks for sharing!:mickey: