PDA

View Full Version : Anyone just get home?

Belster
10-13-2008, 11:53 PM
My family and I leave on Saturday. This is our first time going to wdw at this time of year. I have checked the weather and such but it is not sinking in for me. Sooooooo, my question is: What is the weather really like, during the day and at night? Do I need two totally different wordrobes for day and night? :confused:

Thank you for your help.

Sunshine1010
10-14-2008, 12:48 AM
I just got back on Saturday.

It was HOT. 90-92 degrees. To me, that's hot enough.

It was 99% humidity 6 out of the 7 days we were there.

It rained every day for hours.

Some people carried light jackets with them because the buildings were freezing (to me it felt good).

Night time felt good, but it was still very stagnant, and the air was thick because of the humidity. It rained some every night though....but I still didn't have to wear a jacket.

Regardless of the weather.....Have fun!

bkfree
10-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Yes, it is still very hot in Orlando. One wardrobe is all you will need.

AwPhooey
10-14-2008, 10:24 AM
It was HOT. 90-92 degrees. To me, that's hot enough.

It was 99% humidity 6 out of the 7 days we were there.

It rained every day for hours.

Some people carried light jackets with them because the buildings were freezing (to me it felt good).

Night time felt good, but it was still very stagnant, and the air was thick because of the humidity. It rained some every night though....but I still didn't have to wear a jacket.

:ditto:
I returned home on Sunday and it was very hot all week long (considerably warmer than my Oct. 2006 trip). There was definitely not a need for long pants, coats, sweatshirts, etc. As Sunshine1010 said, the buildings were cold, but they felt great so I didn't feel the need to add another layer.

Strmchsr
10-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Unless you consider low 70s cold you definitely do not need a second wardrobe for the evenings.

Now, that said, it depends on how long you're staying. Keep a check on the weather thread at the top of this forum. Through at least Thursday of next week looks pretty warm and dry but the models have been hinting that the end of next week or during the weekend could see a significant cold front drop in with some rain, but MUCH cooler temps (highs in the mid 70s and lows in the low to mid 50s). I don't trust the models beyond 7 days out, but that is a distinct possibility right now, so if you'll be staying all week you may need that second set of clothes. Keep checking through this week to find out if that holds together or not.