PDA

View Full Version : Street Performer in France????

rmsongs
10-13-2008, 12:16 PM
On a trip in 2003, we were walking through France and there was a mime who made stuff with balloons. He was very good and VERY funny. We never saw him on our last trip and I was just wondering if he's still around - or someone doing a similar act. I guess it's too much to expect that the same person would be making things with balloons five years later; that's a lot of balloons! It's these "little things" that make a trip to the Mouse so special. We certainly didn't book our trip saying 'Let's go check out a mime'. It's just one of those little "Disney extras" that make the place so darn magical.

LoriSan
10-13-2008, 12:37 PM
I haven't seen a mime, but the last few times I've been there I've seen a performer in France that stacks dining chairs as he climbs them. It's amazing. He climbs like 20+ feet in the air on chairs.

Simba's Mom
10-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Unfortunately, I suspect that the baloon performer went the way of many of the WDW performers-let go/discontinued. I agree with you, the live entertainment is such an integral part of what makes the Mouse special, but it seems that over the years, so many acts have been discontined. I know a couple performers who have been able to keep working at WDW, but they admit they've "bounced around", been fortunate enough to pick up with another group when the group they're in gets discontinued. Take a good look at some musicians, you might remember them from previous groups (not everyone from Future Corp or the Main Street Marching Band, for instance, is gone). I wish more live entertainment would stick around.

Mendelson
10-16-2008, 09:59 AM
Le Mime Roland was his name and he was quite fun. We had a good time watching him and he even pulled me out of the crowd to participate once. He suggested while I was "helping" - in a mimey kind of way - that I **** in my gut a bit, which made my daughter laught quite a bit. :blush: