PDA

View Full Version : Refillable Mugs 2008

DisneyFr33k
10-13-2008, 11:36 AM
We went to Disney in October 2007 and purchased 3 refillable mugs. I am hearing that the 2008 mugs are the same design as last years. Does anyone know if this is true? I cannot find pictures of them on the web anywhere.

Marker
10-13-2008, 12:32 PM
I have a 2007 mug from All*Star Music and a 2008 mug from Pop Century. They are the same design with one exception, the 2007 mug has "2007" on it, the 2008 mug has no date. Otherwise they look alike. They are the slinder cylinder design that fits in a cup holder. I didn't see any of the wide base design (which is the one I actually prefer).

Of course they both have the statement specifying that the mug is good only at the resort purchased during that stay. This is why I have multiple mugs that look alike.

DisneyFr33k
10-13-2008, 01:47 PM
Thanks! I had heard some people say they were bringing them from 07 and using them during 08 as they looked alike (hard for cast members to notice) - not that that is what we are wanting to do. Just curious if we wanted to buy another that looked the same or not and are budgeting for our trip next week.

Momof2boys
10-13-2008, 03:20 PM
So they are still using the generic blue/silver YOAMD ones and have not switched back to the resort specific ones ?

Jeff G
10-13-2008, 03:45 PM
So they are still using the generic blue/silver YOAMD ones and have not switched back to the resort specific ones ?

Yep, they look the same.

I didn't realize that the mugs said only good for the stay and resort purchased. While we were at the Pop this past month I bet almost 1/4 of the people were using the old Pop mugs ( a few had Port Orleans mugs too) that haven't been around for a couple years. I'm surprised Disney doesn't crack down on this. If it states that a mug is only good for the visit and people are using them on later visits isn't that the same as shoplifting?

DisneyBabies
10-13-2008, 04:17 PM
DH and I went in April 2007 and our mugs aren't the YOAMD ones. Also, ours are the wide base design ones. Does that make a difference about which design you get on the mug? What do the YOAMD ones look like? We are going back February 2009, do you think the will have new mugs to go with the "What will you celebrate?" theme?

VWL Mom
10-13-2008, 07:50 PM
I think I remember reading a few days ago on a trip report that someone just got a mug and it has a winter scene with Mickey and friends.

jeromyanddana
10-17-2008, 07:01 PM
We were there the beginning of October and the mugs we bought at Caribbean were the same as the mugs at POR. The CM at POR said the mugs are now the same and able to be used at any resort. So even though we bought ours at caribbean we could "fill up" at POR. I thought that was really nice. They are the cup that fits in the cup holders and are a cream color with a pearly blue scene. It has Mickey & Minnie, Daisy, Donald, Pluto, Goofy, & the chipmunks. They each have a bow tie of some type on except pluto. I thought they were standing in snow but with further examination maybe its clouds. I'm not sure. It also has the Castle that says Walt Disney World Where dreams come true. They had a choice of blue, black, or silver handles with a blue top. Hope this helps a little;) By the way, I also saw many people using cups from years past and nothing was said to them. I even saw 4 people sipping off one cup which I didn't think was cool. Anyway, just thought I contribute.

KatMark
10-17-2008, 07:44 PM
As far as I know the Coronado (CSR) is the only resort that does not have the YOAMD refillable mug. This is because the Pepper Market is owned by an outside vendor.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-19-2008, 12:04 AM
They are the exact same except for the year stamped on the 2007 ones. But as someone else stated, people were using really old ones and no one ever said anything.