PDA

View Full Version : Aunt Apples Magical Adventures Part 5

cal5755
10-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Well there will only be one more report after this one. I am going to do our last day and final thoughts in part 6 because our last day was my favorite day of the trip!!

Day 9 - Today was Blizzard Beach (http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee29/cal5755/?action=view&current=699f81b7.pbw)day!! We had previously arranged for elder care this day. After breakfast we met the lady that was to care for Aunt Apple. We explained everything gave her Apple's room key and said feel free to have a meal for yourself at lunch time. We gave her a bag of snacks and told her if all else fails Apple loves to eat so give her some snacks. Since there is a magical bubble around my posts here the only thing I am going to say is next year Aunt Apple comes with us to blizzards beach. About 2 hours after we left I was feeling anxious about leaving Apple behind so we called to check on her. The lady didn't sound to sure of herself so mom decided to go back so I could enjoy some time with DH and the kids. We are so glad mom decided to go back. We did have lots of fun at BB though. After going back to change we got a bus (http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee29/cal5755/?action=view&current=8a5ad0de.pbw) out to DTD for dinner at Captain Jacks. It was ok...but this WAS my favorite restaurant so expectations were high. They don't serve bread here so we had to ask for a hotdog roll to appease Apple's munchies. After dinner we walked around a bit and then headed back to bed for an early breakfast that I REFUSED to let everyone talk me into cancelling. It was our last day at the parks and I wanted to be at MK early.

Day 10 - This was our last park day. We had an early ADR for Crystal Palace (http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee29/cal5755/?action=view&current=eab43fb6.pbw). I think this was Apples favorite breakfast. You would not believe the amount of food she ate!! We all thought it was super YUMMY. After breakfast we headed out for rides. Tomorrowland first and then over to dumbo, IASW and HM then we went over to Country Bears for Apple!! YUP definately her favorite attraction and just as fun to watch her as the first time. Next was lunch at LTT. I really enjoy lunch here. The portions are HUGE though... well that was ok with Apple who almost finished her potroast. Where she put it I have no clue. She loved her icecream dessert too. After lunch we did POTC and mom Apple and I went back to the hotel to pack up our rooms. So we bid farewell to the castle. On our way out the three of us snuck over to guest services to upgrade to Annual Passes!! Yes Aunt Apple is a proud AP holder at age 96!! And her second trip is planned for November 13-18. We are taking her to see the soap stars with us!! Anyway while we were packing up the rest were still enjoying Magic Kingdom (http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee29/cal5755/?action=view&current=b7328095.pbw). We did have reservations for Tony's but I cancelled and we ate our last dinner at the food court in Movies. All our bags were packed and we were discussing how we were going to handle the morning with checking bagage etc. Apple said "Im not leaving and going on a plan home and you can't even make me" Wait until you hear her antics on our last day!! I was crying with laughter even after the plane landed us home. Lets just say she was none to happy about leaving the hustle and bustle of Disney World.

The last report I hope to have up by tonight and will include pictures of Chef Mickey since I didnt have those uploaded with the first report. Thanks again for reading and letting me share our vacation!!

Diznee4Me
10-13-2008, 11:15 AM
I've enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for sharing with us.:mickey:

Mackflava99
10-13-2008, 11:29 AM
I really enjoy your posts- excellent pics of Blizzard beach-
your kids are adorable too-

THANKS!!!

jrkcr
10-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Your posts have been so fun to read! I think an AP for Aunt Apple is a great idea!! :thumbsup:

yjgirl32
10-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Great report. That is so sad about the caretaker of Apple. Sorry that had to happen like that. Glad to hear about your wonderful time at BB- we will hopefully be going there next year. I love water rides. I too enjoyed LTT. Great report it has been my pleasure to read them. Can't wait to read the ones from your November trip and of course the last day from Aunt Apple. Thanks for sharing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-13-2008, 12:01 PM
I wouldn't want to go home either

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-13-2008, 12:50 PM
I love Aunt Apple!

Lizzie
10-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks for another great report.

RedSoxFan
10-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Lots of fun with Aunt Apple. Love the pics too.

Jen C.
10-13-2008, 02:39 PM
I've enjoyed your reports! Apple is adorable! Thanks for sharing!

mouseketeer mom
10-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Apples an AP holder!! Priceless. Loved the report with my whole heart!

ljv1975
10-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Thanks for another great report! I can't wait to read the final installment! I'm looking forward to your next trip and those trip reports. I also can't blame Apple for not wanting to leave WDW - I never want to leave either!

pdrlkr
10-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

tinkerbell04
10-16-2008, 09:06 AM
I have really enjoyed reading your posts! Thanks for sharing your trip and your pictures with us!

laward32
10-16-2008, 03:50 PM
I am glad I am not the only one who doesn't want to leave when it is time to go. Go Aunt Apples Go!! Thanks for sharing. I've enjoyed the reports and your pics.:mickey:

faline
10-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Seems like Aunt Apple has developed into a major Disney fan! Terrific day!