PDA

View Full Version : Renting points?

chithanh119
10-13-2008, 09:53 AM
Hi! I checked back a few pages and didn't see this addressed, so I thought I'd ask. I think DVC might be a great idea for my family in a few years. My husband and I have 1- and 3-year old sons, and we plan to go to WDW every other year, staying at first at Moderate Hotels but then working our way up, trying different resorts each trip.

I'm wondering, can we rent points that we're not using on the off years? (I would probably buy 160 points.) If it's possible to rent points, how much do people charge per point? How likely is to find someone to rent them? Last, if someone rents them, are you liable if anything happens to the room?

Many thanks for your thoughts! I hope you're having a great day! Jennifer

Ian
10-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Yes, it's possible. I think the going rate is about $11 per point.

DVC Mike
10-13-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm wondering, can we rent points that we're not using on the off years? (I would probably buy 160 points.)

Yes, it is possible to do this. However, to me, it would be a hassle to always have to rent out extra points. I would prefer to buy less points and not have to deal with that.

If it's possible to rent points, how much do people charge per point?

People charge around $10-$14 per point.

How likely is to find someone to rent them?

There are other Disney or DVC boards that feature rental forums. So it's not difficult.

Last, if someone rents them, are you liable if anything happens to the room?

Yes, you would be liable for any damage caused by your renters.

MomOfAPrincess502
10-13-2008, 11:16 AM
You could always bank points for the year you are not going into the next use year. Then every two years you could have a really big Disney vacation! You just have to be careful about banking points and make sure you use them before they expire!