PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP and Mickey's Halloween Treat the report

Greenlawler
10-13-2008, 12:50 AM
Okay gang, we just returned from our Disney World/ Disney Land Halloween Adventure. I have so much to report on I thought I would break it down into different posts.
Of course as you regular “character anglers” know the characters were our first priority. So first off I will report on the parties themselves MNSSHP and Mickey’s Halloween Treat.
This was our fifth consecutive year at the MNNSHP so we knew exactly what we were walking into. As reported numerous times on this forum there are very, very few changes this year. It was great fun, one change that has not been reported (at least I have not seen it) is that the dance party near Ariel’s Grotto no longer has Suzy and Perla. They have replaced them with Pluto and Donald. It is now Donald’s Dance Party. Chip and Dale also appear at Donald’s Dance Party. Replacing Donald and Pluto at Stitches Dance Party in Future World is Lilo. Other than that and Mickey and Minnie’s new look not much has changed. It is still a great event, but I was dissapointed with the lack of changes. The Fireworks and Parade are top notch. As far as the characters go Mr Walrus is still appearing although he was not available on our night. Tarzan, Jane, Abu, Charming and Phillip, Snow White and all 7 Dwarfs (group photo only), Lady Tremaine and the Sisters are the highlights of the more “rare characters”. Of course there are the photo only villains. Look on other threads for the list of other characters. Not much else to report on, that has not been reported already.
As far as Mickey’s Halloween Treat at Disney’s California Adventure, we attended the October 10th Party. The first thing we noticed as the gate opened at 7:00 (they did not open the entire park until 7:30) was that they were using the Boo To You Halloween Parade music, and the other tunes that are played at MNSSHP. There was a Dance Party there at the center of the park which featured Donald, and Pluto in Farmer costumes, who rotated every 30 minutes with Daisy and Clarrabelle. As we left that area, we immediately walked to the villains area at the Golden Dreams Theatre. We had heard so much about it we were very excited, however we found that the only villains who were out were villains we had already met at the park that week, and at Disney World, they were Queen Of Hearts, Lady Tremaine and the Sisters, Cruella De Vil, and although we did not see him we were told Gov. Ratcliffe was out as well. We decided not to stop for the selection and proceeded to the Pirate Cove area. There was a meet and greet area with Captain Hook, Wendy, and Peter Pan (although Peter had not arrived yet) and Captain Jack Sparrow. There was also a dance party which featured Chip and Dale. At the Mickey’s Halloween Treat there are several dance parties. Once we left that area we headed to the Boardwalk area, where four princesses rotated: Ariel and Mulan, and Aurora and Belle. Continuing along the Bordwalk we rode the nearly empty rides for a bit. The event was sold out but it seemed empty compared to the MNSSHP. In spite of this they had all the rides with numerous cars running all night making wait times minimal. We hit the Bug’s Life area, no characters, although they did have some living Scarecrows along the path. After this we waited for the parade. It was a dance party parade that stopped at three points along the way. There were only three stage like floats. The characters in the parade were the ones who were at the party. We walked over to the Hollywood Backlot area, there were 2 Little Einstiens: Quincy and June, apparently the oEinstians rotate every other party. That night the two that were there rotated with Jojo and Goliath. Handy Manny was also there. At the end of the street were four more princesses: Pocohauntus, and Belle (again) rotated with Snow White and Cinderella. In this area near the Monsters Inc. dark ride was another dance party where Woody, Jessie and Buzz rotated with Flick, Atta, and Sully. That about does it for the characters who were appearing that night. For some reason I cannot remember where Mickey, Goofy, and Minnie were. Although we had a lot of fun and I don’t want to sound disparaging I just want to give an honest report. The party was not on the level of the MNSSHP. It was a little shorter 7:30-11:30. It certainly had its charm, and it was $20 dollars cheaper than MNSSHP but although I rant about the lack of changes to the MNSSHP, Mickey’s Halloween Treat was not on the same level. Of course not many people are lucky enough to do what we did so we were just happy for the chance to be there! More reports coming including lists of characters we met both weeks (some really rare ones in the mix). Can’t wait till January! Only three months till we go back to Disney World.

Greenlawler
10-13-2008, 02:42 AM
Oh and the candy lines were much shorter and there were more of them at Mickey's Halloween Treat.