PDA

View Full Version : Winter discounts

eeyoremom
10-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Anyone else waiting patiently :funny: for winter discounts? We're not sure that we are headed to WDW this year until we see if there is some great special. I would love to be planning, but also need to see what deal there might be for Jan or Feb. Also, what about Pirate and Princess dates? :pirate: :princess: Any ideas? Thanks

IloveDisney71
10-12-2008, 09:30 PM
I hate to say it but with the economy on the downhill slide, WDW may offer some really good deals if they don't get the attendance/reservations they are expecting. This is just a GUESS on my part but they did the same thing after 9/11 when people were reluctant to travel.
My DD works in the hotel industry (Gulf Coast, AL) and her hours just got cut in half because people aren't traveling for fun or business like they've been doing in the past. I figure it'll get worse before it gets better. :(

mulderxcoltrane
10-12-2008, 10:07 PM
According to Info Central - discounts for Jan/feb normally are released in late Oct/early Nov.

Not sure when you're planning on going, but based on value resort availability - the 2nd and 3rd weeks of January seem to be a little busy b/c of the marathon and MLK Jr. Day.

jonah'smom
10-13-2008, 10:03 AM
We booked through Magical Journeys this year for our Jan 09 trip, and I'm :fingers: for a discount. We booked at Pop, but if a great discount comes out, I'd love to upgrade. I hear MJ is great when it comes to obtaining discounts, so even though I'm already stoked about our trip, I'll be even more so if a discount comes out and we can either save money or upgrade for the same amount we've already budgeted.

ScottyP
10-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Just a question. What kind of discounts came out after 911? We are cautious to confirm our trip later in the year due to the economy, unless of course it is well worth our while.

mulderxcoltrane
10-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Some may disagree with this - but I don't think we'll see anything like after 9/11.

911 affected everyone regardless of finances.

This economy crunch is really only greatly affecting (in other words - preventing from large vacations) those who have been living within their means. People are being forced to change HOW they vacation - but people who have been smart with their $ don't seem to be eliminating vacations.

r4kids
10-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Some may disagree with this - but I don't think we'll see anything like after 9/11.

911 affected everyone regardless of finances.

This economy crunch is really only greatly affecting (in other words - preventing from large vacations) those who have been living within their means. People are being forced to change HOW they vacation - but people who have been smart with their $ don't seem to be eliminating vacations.

I agree completely. We live within our means. No credit cards, ING savings account and if we don't have the cash to pay for it we really don't need it. We are still taking our family of 6 to Disney this Jan for 2 weeks. I am really hoping for discounts though and the P&PP! I live for great discounts and coupons.

Airblue1
10-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Dont forget the Super Bowl is being held in Tampa Bay, which as we know is not to far from Buena Vista

Catzle
10-13-2008, 06:21 PM
It doesn't effect the average person in the pocket book but it does effect almost every person who has some sort of retirement account. Or anyone who has any stock. We didn't have very much in retirement as we are still young but we lost 1/2 of what we had. That's a lot of money for anyone who was planning to retire to soon. I have heard a lot of people saying they have lost up to $50,000 between retirement and stocks. So I am hoping for some good discounts myself.