PDA

View Full Version : So I need some help again w/my wishlist

javamama
10-12-2008, 05:21 PM
I need to give my "wishlist" to my Planner this week so our late April stay. This our 3rd trip in April, so we've done alot the past two years and every year we've added on to our stays by a few days--we just can't get enough of the mouse:mickey:
So I emailed our great host last year over at the Poly, and he gave me a bunch of suggestions, we've eaten at a bunch of them already and I want to try some new places this year like last year but then again we fell in love with some great meals--kwim?

My big thing is my daughter last year was horrible on the trip, I cannot blame her at 1 1/2 it was hard on her so this year at 2 3/4 I'm hoping she does better:pray: So I we want to enjoy our tableservice meals, but not ruin them w/a toddler--I do plan on letting her nap once a day so she can stay on a schedule still like at home while on vacation.
So lets have some help please:D
In the past two years we've done
CRT
Chef Mickey 2x's
Ohana
Crystal Palace
Le Cellier
Kona
Coral Reef
Nine Dragons
whispering canyon cafe

this year I'd like to try the T-Rex Cafe for ds who loves dinosaurs, and dd loves Jo-Jo's Circus so the PlayHouse Play n Dine at MGM are up there right now as do's on my list, and since were staying at the Poly again, O'hana's for breakfast the last day is a must before we leave--otherwise were open to anything and thanks for the help as always.

Hull-onian
10-12-2008, 05:40 PM
You could book Rainforest Cafe at DTD or over at Ak. It is fun for kids, they love it. It is not expensive and they do cater to kids.:thumbsup:

Disneyfun
10-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Here are my suggestions:

1900 Park Faire
California Grill
Boma's
Garden Grill
Liberty Tree Tavern

I would have to disagree on Rainforrest only in that I feel it is overpriced for the food quality IMHO - granted we have one here in Baltimore and it is about half the price in comparison.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-12-2008, 09:45 PM
I agree about Rainforest not being all it is kinda hyped to be...

Me, DD, and my best friend and his wife decided to eat there one night... We thought it'd be fun and the food sounded good. Well, we were seated right next to a fish tank, which Emmy loved and it even had a clown fish in there with a gimp fin, just like Nemo! But the food itself was really not that great. Some lacked flavor while others were way too salty or "fishy" tasting... I was really disappointed, especially since for the 4 of us we spent right at about $100.

mouseketeer mom
10-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Garden Grill is a favorite of ours..the kids love it too. The food is served family style and the restaurant rotates.
San Angel is unique and yummy, and Tony's Townsquare has been a favorite of ours too.

yjgirl32
10-13-2008, 10:51 AM
I love your choices- my favorite place was LTT, but they are cutting out the characters- food was still good- but very very disappointed. Again I wouldn't change much on your list- just take some things that will/could occupy her. Good Luck and have a magical trip!

javamama
10-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks everyone I think we'll pass on the Rainforest since we have two of them here in Chicagoland, and I'm not a huge of them to begin with my 5 yo is though, and T-Rex is enough for me this time around. Plus my poor dad can only handle so much processed food on one trip:ack: We try to do a character meal a trip, and that's it last year we did 3, so this year it's two and that's the limit. O'hana, and Play and Dine w/Jo Jo.
I'm up in the air about going to Yatchman's and Le Cellier this year--any imput there:confused: My whole thing is going to another resort by bus, granted we're at the Poly so we have the TTC at our fingertips which is nice, but it can still be a PITA. My other thing is the extra magic hours for May aren't out yet, so that always helps me book my dining.
How about Fulton's? I ate there as a kid w/my parents, and w/dh when we were dating 12 years ago is good anymore? or is it like a big ole Red Lobster?