PDA

View Full Version : Wait times during MNSSHP

fanofdisney
10-11-2008, 11:02 AM
How have the waits been for rides, meaning the most popular ones, during MNSSHP? I'm just curious how many rides we will be able to go on during that night while still having time for the other festivities.

LauraleeH
10-11-2008, 11:24 AM
I think the longest I've ever waited was for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Peter Pan, and they were about 20 minutes each. I may have waited 30 minutes on a night that Disney had sold too many tickets (They were asking guests to come back on another night if they could). Never had a big line for Space Mountain, especially late at night. It's a great time to do the rides.

Strmchsr
10-11-2008, 12:54 PM
It really varies, but I agree that 20ish minutes is usually the higher end. Haunted Mansion can be 30-40 since it's a Halloween party and the special things they do there are really popular.

LauraleeH
10-11-2008, 01:25 PM
It also depends on what time you go. I went on the Haunted Mansion twice - when I first got there, and when I was about to leave. I didn't have to wait either time. It's best to go to the bigger rides during a parade or when it's almost time to leave and there aren't as many people around.

You'll probably have longer wait times for candy! Although I never really had to wait for that, either.

I just remembered that there will probably be a longer wait time for Pirates of the Caribbean. I always have to wait for that, but it's not too long, especially if you time it just right ;)

chrisb26
10-11-2008, 02:50 PM
I think I went on the 28th of October and there were not very many lines although it was a Sunday night so that may have been the reason. But we really didn't wait in any lines.

dmosher
10-11-2008, 03:41 PM
We went on early Sept (2nd week) and never waited for single ride. In fact there were only 4 of us in the Haunted mansion and that I assume would have been the most popular ride. no lines for Snow White or Peter Pan either. I assume as you get closer to Halloween this will change, but the ride times should still be significantly lower than usual.
:pipes:
D

laward32
10-12-2008, 01:29 PM
We went to the Oct 30th one last year and it was sold out, I believe I was told. I know we walked on a lot of rides. I remember waiting 10-15 for HM, the speedway and SM. Everything else was walkon to 5 minutes. We waited much longer for candy.:mickey:

biodtl
10-13-2008, 08:45 AM
We were there last week on Thursday and it was pretty good. Slightly more crowded than it was last year at the same time, but still way better than a regular night. The lines were longer earlier in the night, but later they got much shorter. The candy lines seemed a bit longer this time around, though.

beachezncream
10-15-2008, 09:14 AM
when we went it was 5 mins for Space Mountain!!! - and that speaks volumes

indytraveler
10-15-2008, 10:28 AM
We went last year week before Halloween. Had small waits for most rides. Had 20 min wait for Peter Pan. They do allow you to enter park @4:00 on day of event. We did that and found the park to be deserted and walked on Space Mountain back to back. If you do this then you should be able to enjoy the parades and such later.

threeh
10-15-2008, 11:33 AM
When we went in 2006 it was a weeknight party and we got into MK at 4pm. We were able to get on most things in that window from 4pm until the party started officially at 7pm. I remember wait times weren't bad once it got under way either. That's a big reason we go to MNSSHP, fun and not too long lines. I do think the closer you are to Halloween they get more crowded however.
Have fun!!!:mickey:

Imagineer1981
10-15-2008, 12:07 PM
i would say 20 minutes is absolute tops, and the later you stay, everything becomes walk on

Boojum
10-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Last week, October 7th. Amazingly uncrowded.

We were actually allowed to ride Splash Mountain three times in a row without having to re-board.

Everything we rode, except for Peter Pan, was literally a walk-on.

Plus, as someone already stated, the later it got the less crowded it got.

fanofdisney
10-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Wow, I'm so excited. Thanks for letting me know. :clappy:

Greenlawler
10-15-2008, 03:08 PM
The night we went this year Peter Pan was at least 30 minutes all night. Our party was pretty crowded Sept 23rd I thought compared to the previous 4 years. 10-20 minutes for Haunted Mansion. Although it was crowded the longest lines aside from Peter Pan and to meet Mickey and Minnie were for candy.

Zawadi
10-15-2008, 06:03 PM
We were there 30 Sep 2008 and everything that we did was walk-on all evening.

There was ample space for viewing the 10:30 parade by the shooting gallery in Frontierland. We got a prime spot in the central hub within 10mins of the start of HalloWishes.

We did notice that this year's party was a lot quieter than when we attended in late Sept 2005.

joonyer
10-16-2008, 12:29 PM
We just got back home from attending the MNSSHP on Monday the 13th. The attraction lines were all pretty short. There was a good bit of rain at the beginning of the party around 7, and maybe this curtailed the attendance some, but POC was only a 5 minute wait all night. When we rode, we walked right on. Splash and Big Thunder Mtns. were only 5-10 minutes and Space Mtn. was never more than 10 minutes. Haunted Mansion was only 10 minutes too, and the longest, we walked right in 6:30.

We got a little wet from the rain, but it was fairly warm weather and we were pleased with all the short waits. Our longest wait was for shows like Philharmagic and Laugh Floor where we had to wait for the previous show to finish. The theaters were not anywhere close to full though. The longest line we saw was for Peter Pan (30 minutes) but this was early, during the rain. I thought the HalloWishes fireworks show was shorter than I remembered from our last party though (2006); it was just 10 minutes, but still very good. The only times we really noticed a crowd was during the parades, the street was pretty packed.

Overall, we love MNSSHP. We had spent the rest of our trip this time at Universal and IOA, so we didn't have a park pass (just the party tickets) and were at the front gate at 3:30 and they let us in at 3:45, so we got to spend more than 8 hours in the MK with low crowds and all the party extras, for much less than the cost of a one day admission. It was great!

sneezyone
10-16-2008, 01:37 PM
we went on sept 28th a sunday and WAITED FOR NOTHING walked on to pirates, hm everything

Goofy Fan
10-18-2008, 01:06 AM
We were there on Sept 30th and just about everything was a walk-on. When we went on Splash, the CMs actually cheered when we rounded the corner at the boarding area. There was no one there.