PDA

View Full Version : Checking # of days on tickets

Donald_Quackers
10-10-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm wondering if there's any number that one can call to find out what features and such are available on tickets that you know something is left on them.

I know that you can take it to guest services at the parks or Downtown Disney to find out, but I'd like to find out earlier.

I'm coming down in December, and the family is planning another trip next October, and I'm now entertaining the idea of getting an annual pass instead so that I'm set for next year.

Oh decisions, decisions!! :confused:

kdsjjb
10-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Try 407-566-4985.

TinkerbellT421
10-11-2008, 08:38 AM
You are unable to check what is left on a park ticket before going. They have to scan the bar code in the back of the ticket. They will not be able to give you any information over the phone. A lot of people ask that question and unfortuantely it seems disney never got on the ball with that one. As of right now there is no other way than taking the ticket to the park. Plus were they purchased before January 2005? if so they are automatically nonepiration tickets...if not did you purchase the non-expiration option? if not they are no good anyway due to tickets expiring 14 days after first day of use unless the non-expiration option was bought. Hope this helps.

MomTo3Tiggers
10-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Guest services at Fort Wilderness did it for us last year.

King Triton
10-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Yeah, the only way I know of is to show up at at turnstile or at Guest Services with the ticket.

The technology to do it is certainly there (for instance, they could set up a website where you type in the numbers on the ticket and it could give you back what was still left on it), but doing so would encourage ticket resales, which they don't want.

Yes, they have biometric scans as a deterrent, but from what I've seen at the turnstile, if the finger scans don't match, the CM will usually let the guest rescan.

Donald_Quackers
10-11-2008, 09:29 AM
Would you say it's worth the trouble? Or should I go for the annual?

Goes4FastPass
10-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Guest services (where you buy tickets, make ADRs etc) at any resort at WDW can check for you.

We were advised to carefully retain our receipts when we purchased additional days and added no expire - and we did.

I think Disney does not want people to have any way of checking what left on MYW media away from WDW to prevent sale of partially left days/plusses.

Donald_Quackers
10-11-2008, 06:45 PM
These were tickets bought before they did the change to MYW.

Iluvpooh
10-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Man the old pre2005 tickets:cloud9: I still have DisneyQuest and water park visits left on a few.
To answer your question-the otehr posters are right-no way to know until you are there. BTW-I agree they do this to discourage guests from buying and selling old passes.