PDA

View Full Version : Rookie & Veteran- Day 2

pink
10-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Cast-
Me, Rebecka- College sophomore & P/t receptionist
DBF, Doug- Full time worker, needs a vacation.

When-
Sep. 28th- Oct. 1st.
4 days and 3 nights

Resort-
Pop Century

Day 2

Today we woke up at 7:30 and were ready to go. We had breakfast in the room (brought granola bars and other snacks with us) we got to the park a few minutes after opening and headed straight to TSM. There was an 80 minute wait that early in the morning so we got fastpasses and decided to try it again later.

We headed over to Muppets 3D and walked right into the theatre. Next was Star Tours, there was no wait and we sat in the front row. This one made DBF and I both a little sick. I don't really care of the simulator rides but I wanted DBF to be able to try everything he wanted to.

Our TSM fastpasses were ready so we went back over that way. I can't say enough good things about this ride, I loved it. We had a 5 minutes wait and I love the loading dock. It really does make you feel like a toy. This is probally my new favorite ride. DBF won again but this time we were closer in our scores. Right after we got off I went back and got more fastpasses. DBF said we were being greedy but I don't think it's our fault that other people don't understand the concept of fastpass, I was going to take advantage of it. :blush:

Next we headed over to the Backlot Tour. I usually like this tour but after this time I don't think I'll ever go on it again. Our tour guide "John" must have went over the rules about 3 times each before leaving and then we we got to Castastrophe Canyon the person operating it went out to lunch, that is actually what they told us! We had to wait a good 20 minutes for him to come back and by that time everyone on the tour was annoyed. It was definitley not worth the wait. :mad:

Next we headed over to Sunset Blvd. and rode the TOT with only a 15 minute wait.

Then we decided to check out Lights Motor Action Stunt show, I've never seen it before. I can't believe how many people they can fit in that theatre! The show was amazing, we were both so impressed. The only thing that I noticed they didn't do was the guy didn't catch on fire, but I'm glad they didn't do it because I probally would have panicked for him.

After this we headed to RNRC with a 10 minute wait. Then our TSM fastpasses were up so we did it again, just as good as the last time but DBF did even better this time and I did ok.

We got some lunch and then headed over to the 4:30 show of Indy. I haven't seen this show since I was a kid and I didn't remember anything. We had just watched the first Indy recently so we were impressed, it was exactly like the movie. Victor was great, for all you who know what I'm talking about. :thumbsup: We both really enjoyed this show.

After this was headed back to the resort at about 5pm but went out again at 7pm for EMH at MK. They were open until midnight that night.

SM had a 40 minute wait so we got fastpasses and did TTA. Space was apparently broken down and when we went through we got to see it with all the lights on, scary! We still had time to kill since Space was down so we checked out the Monsters Inc. show. DBF was kind of bored when we were waiting to start so I guess that's why they picked him. They showed him on the screen and put the caption "This guy had the urge to get up and dance". I thought for sure DBF wouldn't but sure enough he got right up and danced for a good 5 minutes. The monster on the screen evend danced with him and cheered him on, it was probally the best memory of the whole vacation.:D I think he filled up the whole laugh tank.

After we got dinner at Cosmic Rays and then caught Wishes from behind the castle, that is such a great show.

We rode the HM, Pirates (Davy Jones affect was working both times by the way) and then BTMRR. We had a good ride but we put the restraint down in a wierd way and DBF was barely on the seat and it squeezed my thigh. I still have a nasty bruise on me to this day from that restraint.

Our last ride that night was Space since it was fixed and then we headed up to the resort. We got home at about 11:30 that night.

We both agree that this was our best day of the whole vacation. :mickey:

Next up: AK and DTD

pdrlkr
10-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

cal5755
10-10-2008, 11:38 PM
Ouch!! Sorry about the bruise... and my dh will agree with you about back lot tour... he refuses to wait in line for it, hence we have not been on it since our first visit! Glad you had a great second day...sounds like you had tons of fun!

magickingdom67
10-11-2008, 05:03 AM
I have to agree the Backlot Tour isn't what it once was. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the report

laward32
10-12-2008, 07:32 PM
What a great day. You did alot this day too. I love Cosmic Rays.There food is great and they give you alot. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
10-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Great Laugh Floor story! A great day!

RedSoxFan
10-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Another great day.:mickey:

tinkerbell04
10-13-2008, 12:08 PM
I can see why it was the best day of your vacation! Thanks for sharing.

Lizzie
10-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the report. I think I have done Backlot tour once and have never taken my husband.

January-2007
10-15-2008, 09:24 AM
Thanks for reporting! :mickey:

faline
10-17-2008, 12:12 PM
You're having a great trip! :mickey: