PDA

View Full Version : Rookie & a Veteran- Day 1

pink
10-10-2008, 06:57 PM
http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=143039 This is our pre-trip report to get you caught up.

Cast-
Me, Rebecka- College sophomore & P/t receptionist
DBF, Doug- Full time worker, needs a vacation.

When-
Sep. 28th- Oct. 1st.
4 days and 3 nights

Resort-
Pop Century

Day 1

The night before I slept well but woke up at 1 am and was ready to go. We left the house at 4 and arrived at the airport at around 4:40.

There was no wait for check-in but the lady assisting us was very rude and almost ripped off our ME tags! :nono:I told her we needed those but she seemed to think otherwise. I explained it to her but she still looked annoyed.

After that we headed up to a long wait in security. Had to wait about 30 minutes until boarding and on the plane we went. This was DBF first vacation so he was getting very nervous and made himself physically sick, he looked terrible the whole flight. :ill:

The plane was delayed taking off because they said there was a computer that decided to just not turn on that morning (not something a nervous first timer wants to hear). We took off 30 mintues late but somehow arrived on time. The flight was terrible between DBF feeling so sick and I was also sick and during landing I had the worst pain in my eye, never felt anything like it before.

After we landed thankfully we were both feeling good again and excited to finally be in Disney World! We didn't see where to check in for ME but saw the buses and the nicest CM pointed us in the right direction. There was no line for check-in (seemed to be theme for this vacation, no waits anywhere) We were lead to the red carpet and loaded onto a Crush the turtle bus within 5 minutes. We were the last people on, there was maybe about 10 others on the bus. We were also the first stop and the only ones that got off.

The Pop resort was so nice, we liked it automatically. There was no wait for check-in but the girl assisting us wasn't very helpful as there was a language barrier. I asked her to make the "share" room cards so we could each put our credit card info. on seperate room cards but she refused, I know this can be done. I asked her if they had received our room request and she cut me off saying they're not definite, they're just request. I tried to tell her that I knew this and was just asking if she could check if it was recieved but she didn't.

We ended up getting a room pretty close to the food court, in the 50's section on the top floor. From our door we could see the Epcot ball, the top of the TOT and the lake. We loved our room.

We left our room and headed straight to MK. The bus pulled up just as we got in line. We stopped and got an obligatory picture in front of the castle and the CM made DBF do a funny picture holding Tinkerbell, it turned out well. We headed over to Tomorrowland and the CM was literally yelling "30 second wait" for Buzz so of course we hopped on. I've never heard that before, it was great. The ride broke down towards the end but we just racked up extra points. DBF won.

We went to SM next, with again, no wait. I had forgotten that I left my sunglasses on my head and I almost lost them but somehow they ended up in the seat, whoah. We tried out Pooh just because the wait was so short, it was cute, DBF wasn't a fan.

Next up was HM, this is my favorite so I was excited to see the new changes. I don't really think the staircase part is that great, I think they could have added something more exciting but I loved the attic, bride part. We also had a little catastrophe while riding, a lady in the doom buggy in front of us took pictures with her flash during the WHOLE RIDE. In some parts it didn't bug me but she did it during the whole Madam Leota part and ruined the floating ball affect. We were about to say something to hear at the end but decided against it so we just had a loud discussion about how rude it is to take flash pictures when they ask you politely not to before the ride. One picture is fine but I mean come on, the whole ride?

Next up was Splash, there was probally the longest wait of the whole trip, about 20 minutes. We got the front seat and got really wet.

We took a quick drink break and hit up Pirates. On the line we ran into Johnny Depp and we were both amazed. Can you say twins? The guy even walks around like JP's character. On the ride the autoamaintronic JP looked so real DBF thought it was the guy from the line running all over the ride haha.

We went to BTMRR next but the line was about 40 min so we got fastpasses. Next was Philmargic which is always a favorite of mine and now ones of DBF's. He went on for about 20 minutes afterwards about how he could actually smell the pie. :rotfl:

We rode BTMRR and then decided to call it a day and go back to Pop for a little break. Our bus took forever to come but we had been lucky with no lines all day so we didn't care. We got food back at the food court and went back to the room to the suprise that our luggage had arrived at 3pm.

That night we went to DHS but only rode the The Great Movie Ride. We both wanted to stay longer but were just too tired since being up at 3am that day.

Next up: DHS and MK EMH.

pdrlkr
10-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

cal5755
10-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Great report....you got a lot done on your first day. So glad you enjoyed yourselves!:mickey:

magickingdom67
10-11-2008, 04:29 AM
Sounds like a great first day! Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Sounds like a great first day with the exception of the rude check in

laward32
10-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Got a lot done for your first day. Sounded great. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
10-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Great first day! How rude about the lady in the HM taking the flash pictures! Thanks for sharing your trip.

RedSoxFan
10-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Sounds like a great first day.:mickey:

tinkerbell04
10-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Sounds like a great first day, with the exception of the check-in and the bumpy flight! Thanks for sharing.

Lizzie
10-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the report sounds like a great frist day.

January-2007
10-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Thanks for reporting.

faline
10-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Terrific first day! You covered lots of ground! I hate when folks take flash pics in the rides!