PDA

View Full Version : Post Hurricane Ike Fall Fun "Redo" Trip-Day 4

angel8783
10-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Day 4-Magic Kingdom and MNSSHP

Today we started out with breakfast at Boma! DH absolutely loves Boma, it is his favorite place in all of WDW to eat breakfast. I am not a buffet person, but I do love the Frunch, and I love him, so Boma reservations were made.
We took a bus to AK and then a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge for our 9am appointment. We arrived early so we went out to take a look at the animals. We had stayed there for our Honeymoon and I had also stayed there with my parents at one point, so we felt very comfortable wandering around at this resort. The lobby is just so beautiful and it is so fun to go out and look at the animals! After awhile, we went down to Boma and checked in.
We had Frunch, Orange juice for DH, and sampled many things on their buffet. I like the arrangement and I ate quite a bit as it was later in the morning and I do eat breakfast better after I have been up for awhile. After breakfast we took buses back to our resort and relaxed and took a nap for a few hours. We got up after lunch time and decided that since MNSSHP was that night anyway, we would just go spend time in the MK.
Once we arrived, wandered around Tomorrowland and Fantasyland riding our favorites. DH absolutely loves the Laugh Floor. I really like it too, but I get all worked up inside because I don’t like to get picked on, and they do kind of pick out some people in the crowd and involve them. I love to watch it, I just don’t want to get picked, so I get kind of apprehensive. We made it out of there without the camera on us… although I loved the man they picked to dance, which actually turned into his son dancing… it was hilarious! We ate a nice late lunch of double cheeseburgers and chocolate cake at Cosmic Ray’s and sat on the porch area and looked at the castle. It is so peaceful out there!!
We also saw Carousel of Progress, rode the TTA and walked on to Buzz Lightyear. I imagine this ride will be slower now that Toy Story Mania is open at the Studios. In fantasyland we saw Philharmagic, it’s a Small World and Peter Pan and we also rode Haunted Mansion. At this point it was time to get our wristband for the party. Once we got them we decided we were hungry again and the party officially didn’t start for another hour. We decided to see if the Plaza could seat us so we could have a nice meal. They could! We both had the club sandwich and it was very yummy!
After we were done with our dinner we started over in Adventureland with a ride on Pirates and started Trick or Treating. It was so much fun! In the course of the party we also rode Big Thunder Mountain. I love to ride it at night much more than during the day. We went to every single treat stand once and got two bags full of candy. A little before the fireworks we found ourselves seats on a bench in the hub. We mostly listened to the Villains Mix and Mingle show while waiting. I definitely recommend watching the fireworks in the hub! It is amazing when the “panoramic” fireworks go off. We stayed for the 2nd parade and sang the Boo to You song over and over when we left. This party was such a better experience for me than last year. Everyone was tired and my MIL had worn a sweater when it was humid and hot. The combo of my Mom being tired and my MIL cranky made for a bad experience last year.
We went back to the room for our TV fix and then off to sleepytown!

Donald
10-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Sounds awesome!:ghost::blackcat::pumpkin:Boo to you!

pdrlkr
10-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Lizzie
10-12-2008, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the report sounds like a great day.

mouseketeer mom
10-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Great day! I'm always hoping someone in my family will get picked for Laugh Floor, but they never do! Well, they did use our joke we texted in last time! Thanks for the report!

tinkerbell04
10-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Sounds like it was a great day! Thanks for sharing the party report.

Vintage Disney
10-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Glad that you had a good experience at MNSSHP this time, it is my favorite party. LOVE the parade, the headless horseman, and the fireworks!
Boo To You!:pumpkin:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Great day at MK

yjgirl32
10-15-2008, 10:01 AM
Very nice report. Thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
10-15-2008, 12:05 PM
sounds like a nice day...breakfast sounded yummy..and it was good you guys got a nap in the afternoon..glad you had a better time at the party this year! :mickey:

faline
10-17-2008, 05:53 PM
That Boo to You Theme stays with you forever! What a terrific day!

KylesMom
10-21-2008, 02:39 PM
After breakfast we took buses back to our resort and relaxed and took a nap for a few hours. Thank goodness - after visiting three parks yesterday and getting up early for your AK breakfast, I can imagine you were ready for one - especially with a cold hanging around!

Your party evening sounds delightful - and I'm so glad to hear it bore no comparison to last years' experience. Yay! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
10-24-2008, 01:00 PM
I gotta go to that party!

Thanks for sharing. Don't you just love the Plaza?:mickey:

January-2007
10-25-2008, 09:12 AM
Thank you for reporting. :mickey:

laward32
10-26-2008, 11:12 AM
You got a lot done before the party even started. That's great. Glad you had a great experience this year at MNSSHP. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

goofy for pluto
10-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks for sharing!
:thumbsup: