PDA

View Full Version : Pumkin Festival in Boston

Stitchahula
10-10-2008, 02:54 PM
:pumpkin::pumpkin::pumpkin:It's that time of year again. For those that don't know anything about this there is a pumkin festival in Boston on Oct. 18th from 12pm-8pm. It is to benefit camp Sunshine a retreat for children with life-threatening illnesses & their families. The event is free. We are hoping to break the Guinness World Record for the most lit Jack-0-lanterns at one place at one time. Bring as many craved pumpkins as you can along with voltive candles. It's actually really nice they have games for the kids to play and seeing all the pumpkins lit up is really something. Oh I forgot to mention it's at city hall plaza.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-10-2008, 11:39 PM
I think Boston still holds the record. We took it from Keene, NH and they've been trying to reclaim it again. Last year people were taking the pumpkins and walking off with them! I chased one lady down because it was OUR pumpkins she was stealing.
You can also buy the pumpkins at the Festival and carve them right there as well. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just something you can stick a votive candle in.
You can park at 75 State St in Boston and get your parking ticket validated so it will only cost $11.00 for parking. And you are right next to Fanueil Hall so you can enjoy the sights there as well.
Once it gets dark they light all the votives inside the pumpkins and it's a lot of fun walking around looking at how creative some people get.
My executive chef said he'd carve some pumpkins for me. I can't wait to see what he does! He's very talented.