PDA

View Full Version : Eli Stone -- 4 new episodes starting 6/20

NotaGeek
10-10-2008, 01:34 PM
:clappy:

I can't WAIT for the new season ... set your TiVos! Oct 14 is the season opener.

TheDuckRocks
10-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Once again...........Loved It!!! Loved It!!!:joy:

Carol
10-15-2008, 06:00 PM
One of my favorite shows. Loved the first episode of the season. :number1:

brownie
10-16-2008, 11:47 AM
My wife and I really enjoyed it! I'm glad Eli is back to "normal." I'm sort of surprised that those around him were having a hard time believing him given his track record.

NotaGeek
10-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Great 1st episode ... did anyone else notice that the bank Victor was caught in was called "Credit Dauphine" ... which was the name of the front bank for SD-6 on Alias? Awesome!

comicguy
10-24-2008, 04:14 PM
I caught that Credit Dauphine reference (loved Alias)

DisneyLandMomma
10-28-2008, 01:16 PM
I finally saw last weeks episode last night and can I just say I LOVED it!! The end with the "airport moment" was soo sweet!!

TheDuckRocks
10-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Strange ending last night with Maggie (is that her name???) going over to the dark side in the future.

LarryBoy
10-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Great 1st episode ... did anyone else notice that the bank Victor was caught in was called "Credit Dauphine" ... which was the name of the front bank for SD-6 on Alias? Awesome!

How did I miss that? :scratch: We've watched every episode of Alias on DVD. Also a big fan of Eli. :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
10-30-2008, 06:07 PM
How did I miss that? :scratch: We've watched every episode of Alias on DVD. Also a big fan of Eli. :thumbsup:
Did you notice it this week? They said it twice! I can't believe I get such a kick out of this show, and add Alias references? I am in! How funny would that be if they could get Sydney Bristow to make a guest appearance!

handmaidenofprincesses
11-20-2008, 11:13 PM
My aunt told me I ought to watch Eli Stone... "You'll love it Robin, it's really weird, its got a ton of music, and it stars that really cute guy that played Edmund in Mansfield Park." So I promised her I would and, after several months of her heckling me, I started watching it after school today...

I am so totally HOOKED! I went online and have already watched the first 8 and a half episodes- 9 is loading as I type- and I am totally addicted. It really is a weird show, but I love it! ABC has some great stuff.

But NOW, I'm disappointed, because I just read that this show (along with my favorite ABC show, Pushing Daisies) hasn't been picked up for another season! Figures...

Any other Eli Stone fans on Intercot?

NotaGeek
12-17-2008, 01:10 AM
My aunt told me I ought to watch Eli Stone... "You'll love it Robin, it's really weird, its got a ton of music, and it stars that really cute guy that played Edmund in Mansfield Park." So I promised her I would and, after several months of her heckling me, I started watching it after school today...

I am so totally HOOKED! I went online and have already watched the first 8 and a half episodes- 9 is loading as I type- and I am totally addicted. It really is a weird show, but I love it! ABC has some great stuff.

But NOW, I'm disappointed, because I just read that this show (along with my favorite ABC show, Pushing Daisies) hasn't been picked up for another season! Figures...

Any other Eli Stone fans on Intercot?
I totally missed this and just heard that Eli Stone hadn't been picked up for another season! Wow. What a waste of an amazing show!

LarryBoy
12-17-2008, 10:47 AM
I hate that about Pushing Daisies and Eli Stone. :mad: Why is it that anything original and creative doesn't last?

NotaGeek
06-17-2009, 02:43 AM
That's right ... there are 4 final episodes starting this Saturday, showtime is 10/9 CST. I hope they make it 4 good episodes. I really loved this show!

ChipnDaleGal
06-17-2009, 12:57 PM
I don't think I will watch them. I loved this show too, and watching 4 new episodes will just make me fall in love with it again and then I will get upset that is cancelled. Now if they were actually doing a end show tying up loose ends I would watch. But they aren't doing that, are they?

NotaGeek
06-17-2009, 01:04 PM
I don't think I will watch them. I loved this show too, and watching 4 new episodes will just make me fall in love with it again and then I will get upset that is canceled. Now if they were actually doing a end show tying up loose ends I would watch. But they aren't doing that, are they?
I was wondering the same thing, but there's not any info out to say that. I can't believe no one picked up this show. What's wrong with Hollywood?

MNNHFLTX
06-17-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm going to watch the episodes--well, record them anyway. I had recorded most of the past season and am just now starting to watch them all. I suppose I should stay in sequence!

I like Eli and think it's incredibly unique, but I can't say that it has captivated me as much as I thought it would. It was kind of the same thing with Pushing Daisies. I don't know why--maybe I'm just not quirky enough?

MNNHFLTX
06-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Umm, I had the chance to think about my last statement....not that I'm saying that you have to be "quirky" to be especially enamored of Eli and Pushing Daisies. Well, okay, that's what it sounded like, but I mean that in a nice way. :blush:

brownie
06-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Why are they bothering?

MNNHFLTX
06-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Why are they bothering?Probably because the ratings on reruns (of other shows) during the summer is low and they had already filmed the episodes.

NotaGeek
06-24-2009, 01:24 AM
It was a totally good episode! Gosh, I really miss this show!

meldan98
06-24-2009, 12:14 PM
I am super bummed!! I missed it. I had it set up on our old DVR to auto record and had no idea that there was going to be 4 more episodes. Do you know if the episode from Saturday is online somewhere?

NotaGeek
06-24-2009, 12:15 PM
I am super bummed!! I missed it. I had it set up on our old DVR to auto record and had no idea that there was going to be 4 more episodes. Do you know if the episode from Saturday is online somewhere?
Sure ... check Hulu or nbc.com they have full episodes on both!

LarryBoy
06-25-2009, 12:52 PM
I don't think I will watch them. I loved this show too, and watching 4 new episodes will just make me fall in love with it again and then I will get upset that is cancelled. Now if they were actually doing a end show tying up loose ends I would watch. But they aren't doing that, are they?

I watched the few episodes of Pushing Daisies that they just ran, and the last episode did kind of wrap things up a little bit. I thought it was a good ending of the series.