PDA

View Full Version : *Our Honeymoon!!*

DizNee143
10-10-2008, 11:17 AM
cast:
me - Brittany - 25
hubby - Pete - 25

where:
(a four day cruise on Royal Carribean before hand)
Contemporary Resort - MK View - room 4227

Sept 28th - Oct 7th - Our Honeymoon!!!!

The cruise was from Sept 29th - Oct 3rd..
it was our first time on a cruise..and it was really nice...although i dont think we are really cruise people..we ended up being a bit bored..our first full day was spent at Coco Cay..absolutely beautiful! the water was green and blue and crystal clear..i have so many pics of that water..just hung out on the beach most of the day...our second full day was spent in the Bahamas in Nassau...great shopping!!! got myself a beautiful pair of diamond earrings and Pete got a Citizen watch..also picked up a few really good fake coach bags..and a few other little things..our third full day was spent at sea..and wow..bored we were..we hung around the room for quite a bit..went for a couple of walks..did more shopping..and then Pete decided to do the rock wall...so he had a blast doing that..also that day we went to a towel folding demostartion..that was pretty cool..and then next day we had to get off the ship..

*Oh...to get around while in florida we used Sunray Transportation...they were absolutely wonderful!!!!!!*

now on to disney!!

Oct 3rd
we arrived at the contemporary around noon...i go to check in while pete waits outside with the luggage..and i couldnt believe it..our room was ready!! so i grab him and we go up to our room..6th floor room 4227...i have wanted to stay in this resort for as long as i can remember..and i was not dissappointed..the room was sooo cool..and the view..OMG the view was fanstastic!!!!!!!! we hung out in the room for a bit..ate some snacks we bought durning our grocery stop...and then made our way to Downtown Disney..we went straight to Earl of Sandwich and were both extremely dissappointed! they took away the beef and bleu that i loved and pete just didnt care for it! on to better things..we went to Arraibias Bros..picked up a new mickey necklace for myself..then on to World of Disney..picked up just a few things..then to the lego store..where pete spent a decent amount of money on legos..what can i say i married a big kid!! lol..but he was happy so thats all that matters..then we back tracted..got some snacks..went to goofys candy store..loaded up on some sugary treats..then on to the christmas store..got a honeymoon ornament along with some christmas cards..then we headed back to the contemporary..hung out in the room some more..then went looking/walking around the resort...ended up on the boat to go over to the wilderness lodge..pete loved it there..we walking around a bit..did some shopping..and then asked about the rates to stay there..then back to the contemporary we went...got back to the room and realized we needed to do laundry..so off we went..then i went back to the room ordered a pizza..and we ate and watched wishes out on our balcony..

Oct 4th
we start the day off at MGM..(ya ya i know Disney Hollywood Studios..lol)..we look around the shops and then head for toy story midway mania..got a fastpass to return in like an hour..went to one mans dream..then..i believe we went out to rockin roller coaster...then looked in the villian shop and candy store..then went back over to ride toy story..what an awesome ride!! we both enjoyed it very very much!! lots of fun..then we..hmm..i think we just walked around for a bit..we were both hunrgy..but places were still serving breakfast when we wanted lunch..so we walked around..the streets of america..ended up in the muppets store..then the christmas store..then played games and went in a photobooth for pics in pizza planet until they opened up..got some pizza for lunch..and then..we went to the great movie ride..and then some more looking in the shops..then left..and made our way via boat to epcot..we had a 6pm ADR at Teppan Edo..i dont exactly remember what we did..im pretty sure we went to the seas ..we did turtle talk with crush..and then did the seas with nemo and friends..got a quick ride on Spaceship Earth..(it was alright..the ending is so sad..no imagination what-so-ever!) then we made our way to Japan..had a wonderful dinner..and got a free dessert in honor of it being our honeymoon..so that was a nice touch..then we made our way out of the park..got to ride up front in the monorail and then made it to our room to watch hallowishes from our balcony..

Oct 5th
started off a bit late today and made our way out of the room around 10am-ish...i guess the Contemporary was having some king of convention for a nascar driver..cuz when we woke up this morning there was a trailer..and as soon as we heard the car start..pete ran to the balcony..he was in heaven! so we went over to check out the car before we headed to Epcot..got on Spaceship Earth again..and this time the screen was working..and we actually showed up as the people..pretty cute..then we did innoventions..we did stormstruck..it was pretty cool...got the free photo with my disney visa!! bought some stuff from the art of disney there...got on test track then over to soarin for a ride and picked up a fast pass for later in the day also..also did Universe of Energy...Imagination..and then made our way to World Showcase..looked around in Canada..and then went to our 5:45pm ADR at Le Cellier..and WOW that was some good food!! i tried the cheddar cheese soup you all talk about..wow..that is some good stuff..really rich and heavy though..only ate about half of it..the pretzel bread was awesome..and so were our steaks..it was a wonderful dinner..little expensive but good!! then we went on to tour the other countries..we did the American Adventure..walked around the stores inGermany..we did the Norway ride..went to Mexico looked around there and went on the ride..(kinda lame to me)..then found a spot to watch Illuminations! then made our way back to the Contemporary..

Oct 6th..
we had an ADR at Chef Mickeys for Breakfast at 8:30am this morning..so we left our room at like 8:25am..ahh the joy of being so close!!! we had a good breakfast with all the characters..and then made our way to the Magic Kingdom..walked on Main Street a bit..did some window shopping..then went over to Adventureland..rode Pirates..and then made our way to the castle to see the show since my sisters friend Katie is in the show..(she plays Snow White)..cute show..saw Katie..and she saw me so i was happy..then we made our way to Liberty Square..looked around the shops..went on the Haunted Manison..went and grabbed a fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain..did some shooting in the shooting arcade in Frontierland..then i finally got to taste one of those massive turkey legs..ive been to disney about 30 times and never had one..im glad i got to try it..but i dont think ill be doing it again..it was different..yet good! lol..went on Big Thunder..then made our way to Tommorowland..where we went on Buzz Lightyear..and of course Pete seemed to have found a good target and beat me big time! no fair..lol...then we went on Wedway (TTA)..and wow i couldnt believe it..there was actually like a 5 minute wait for that..then we went on the Carrosel of Progress and had THEE worse expericence on there ever..they would start moving us in the middle of the scenes and kept coming on the loud speaker..it was just horrible! went into the arcade at space mountain..then did Monters Inc..what a cute show! then had lunch at Cosmic Rays..we made our way to Main Street and were gonna leave but i hadnt gotten to ride the train yet..so as we are waiting to ride that the skys open and its down pouring..had a soggy ride around the Magic Kingdom..then made our way back to the Contemporary to change..then went to Downtown Disney..we went our seperate ways so i could sneak in some christmas shopping..he needed to get back to the lego store to get more!! lol..went back to the resort..looked around the shops there..then watch wishes again from the balcony and passed out..

Oct 7th - our last day
did our last minute packing and headed downstairs to check out and to store our luggage while we went to Animal Kingdom before we had to leave at 5pm..we get there and first thing we do is go and eat at Rain Forest even before we enter the park..so an early lunch out of the way we go..we slowly make our way to see "the tree" get a few pics and then Pete has wanted to ride Expedition Everest since he saw a show about it 2 years ago..so we go over there..he enjoyed his ride while i waited for him in the gift shop...then we made our way over to africa so we could do the safari..we end up getting a fastpass and then go do some of the trails..then it was time for us to go on the safari..we had an awesome safari..rhinos got in the way of the trail and way to close for comfort for me..but it was a great trip! then we started walking around..made it as far as Pizzafari and Pete needed to have some..lol..so we stopped for some pizza..and thats when it started pouring..we really couldnt afford to get wet..we had a plane to get on at 7pm..but it was useless we were gonna get wet no matter what..we made our way to the exit and went back to the Contemporary..got our luggage so we could find some dry clothes and just sat and waited for our car to come get us..car got there at like 4:45 and away we went to the airport..had a good flight home and actually landed 20 minutes early..waiting for luggage took some time..where finally home around 11:30pm..

** we had the bounce back offer in our room..and Pete actually suggested we come back next year..i was very shocked since he can not stand disney! so i took him up on his offer and we will be returning next year for our first anniversary..and will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge!!!

i know it wasnt a very detailed report..but i hope you all enjoyed reading about our honeymoon!!

tinkerbell04
10-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Congrats on the wedding! Thanks for the report, it sounds like it was a great trip! :mickey:

faline
10-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Congratulations! What a great honeymoon trip!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Wow, how awesome....

cal5755
10-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Wow what an awesome Honeymoon!! So glad you had such a wonderful time. I agree with Le Cellier.. we had a wonderful meal there and it is in our top must do's!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

pdrlkr
10-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Lizzie
10-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Congrats! And thanks for the report.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Sounded like you had a wonderful time. DH and I spent our honeymoon back in '97 at the Contemmporary also. MK view. It's an amazing view. ( everyone should see it ) I'm glad you had a blast. This year we are celebrating our 11th year anniversary on 10/18 but not at Disney. We're actually going to Disney a month later to celebrate it. We'll be gone from 11/24 thru 12/5 @ the POP ( 12 magical days at our favorite place to visit, why Disney of course ) Anyway, your trip report was great, sounds like you did a lot of shopping. We'll be doing the same. And yes, you will love the WL. That hotel is also AMAZING!!! We've stayed there twice already. Try to get a room facing the pool. It's so beautiful at night. Enjoy. And just think you'll be down at Disney sooner than you could say 'MICKEY'......Glad you had a memoriable trip!!:congrats:

DrivingSideways
10-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Congratulations on your marriage! It sounds like you had an amazing trip! I'm glad you got to book the bounceback for your first anniversary. How exciting! :mickey:

iheartmickey
10-11-2008, 11:05 PM
I've been waiting for you to post a trip report!!!

Sound like you both had fun. Maybe Pete doesn't hate Disney as much as he thought he did! You know we should plan a trip together ... cause DH doesn't LOVE Disney like me .. he just wants to rent watercraft, fish, lay in hammocks and stuff. He could care less about the parks! :D We could hit the parks together while our DHs do their own thing! LOL!

Now I want to hear and see pics from the wedding!!!! :thumbsup:

vizsla
10-12-2008, 07:18 AM
Congratulations on your marriage, and thanks for the report.

mouseketeer mom
10-12-2008, 09:01 AM
What a heavenly honeymoon! Loved your report!

Beach Club Babe
10-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Sounds like you had an awsome honeymoon!

Congratulations!

RedSoxFan
10-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Congrats on your wedding. Your trip sounds wonderful.:mickey:

Diznee4Me
10-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Your trip sounded great. Congratulations on the honeymoon!:thumbsup:

January-2007
10-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Thanks for reporting.

DizNee143
10-13-2008, 04:00 PM
I've been waiting for you to post a trip report!!!

Sound like you both had fun. Maybe Pete doesn't hate Disney as much as he thought he did! You know we should plan a trip together ... cause DH doesn't LOVE Disney like me .. he just wants to rent watercraft, fish, lay in hammocks and stuff. He could care less about the parks! :D We could hit the parks together while our DHs do their own thing! LOL!

Now I want to hear and see pics from the wedding!!!! :thumbsup:

that sounds like a great idea to plan a trip together!!
it probably wont be until later tonight..i have some up on my myspace page of our honeymoon and the wedding..but i have them blocked from people who arent my friends..tonight..probably around 10ish im gonna go in there and unblock them..so go take a look if you can!!! and look back every so often..i barely have any from the wedding..ill be adding more slowly!! :mickey:

laward32
10-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Congratulations on your new life together. What a great start. Glad you get to come back to celebrate your 1st anniversary. Thanks for sharing your trip.:mickey:

DizNee143
10-15-2008, 02:58 PM
i dont know if anyone has gone to look..but i keep putting up more wedding pics every night...
so if you just click my name and go to my homepage itll bring you to my myspace page and you can view all my pics!! :mickey: