PDA

View Full Version : Disney And TV SHows

atnextc
10-09-2008, 08:24 PM
So I was watching Roseanne and Full House Episodes when they went to "the World" and got to wondering if the times when they are in Epcot and MK, is before the parks actually open and the "guests" are nothing more than actors. Any one have any insight to this?

Thanks

:mickey:

JPL
10-09-2008, 08:26 PM
At time it is actually to the public but they are filmed during slower periods of the year and even then most of the filming takes place before the parks open or after they close and the people you see in the background are extras.

Polynesian Dweller
10-09-2008, 09:06 PM
We've been to MK a couple of times when they were filming something. They have these sandwich boards prominently displayed around the entrance telling you that you may be filmed. Basically that to tell you that by entereing MK you consent to be in the film and won't get paid.:D

The one I remember best, was in the early evening and there were a couple of dolly's with cameras on Main Street, lots of lights and behind the scenes types. The actors just appeared from one of those hidden entrances, the lights went on they, walked down the street, and the camera went flying past us following them. After about 5 minutes, all the lights went out, they disappeared and the crew started setting up another shot. Sorry, don't know who the actors were cause we barely got a glimpse of them and I didn't recognize them. But we were accidentally in the scene.

bertasso59
10-09-2008, 09:32 PM
I once saw Florence henderson filming a piece on French perfume at the France pavillion in EPCOT for the Disney Channel.She flubbed her line <sic> .Then she said in a singsong voice; "Mrs.Brady swore.."

WDWFanatic
10-09-2008, 09:37 PM
My DH and I were there when they were shooting the full house episodes. We sat in the background and I can find us munching on popcorn if we look really hard, lol. We also saw them filming over by the jungle cruise.

My kids think it's really cool.

Last time we were there we saw them setting up for AFV when we were leaving.

sardanem
10-09-2008, 09:55 PM
When we were in MK in March of 07, we saw Tom Bergeron(SP?) filming something in front of the castle. All that kept happening was Cinderella was in her carriage and it was going around and around and she waved at everyone. We never found out exactly what they were doing.

Lisa

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-10-2008, 01:15 AM
I can tell you that the last few days they've been filming at DHS for the new American Idol show.....right in front of Tower and RNRC. And it wasn't slower, and it was busy and it held up the traffic flow.....Jordan Sparks was there and they were dancing and stuff...apparrently she is a real diva from what my friends were telling me.

Imagineer1981
10-10-2008, 03:31 PM
generally you are also pretty much blocked off from the actors by CMs and production crews and sometimes fences. They make sure that guest can't get near