PDA

View Full Version : Counter Service reviews 9-27 thru 10-4

TBY2225
10-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Here are my CS reviews for my trip to the world last week. We were on the basic free dining plan.

Saturday 9-27-08

We had dinner at Cosmic Ray’s around 7:30pm. It was packed and hard to find a seat, but DH was able to grab us a pair of tables in the upper part of the big dining area with Sonny. DH and I shared a Turkey bacon wrap, chips, and carrot cake. The wrap was large and good. The chips were homemade and really crispy. I liked them, but I miss the pasta salad they used to have here. The topping bar was nice; we enjoyed the cheese sauce with the crispy chips! The carrot cake was the standard pre-made dessert. DD and DS shared the nuggets, chips, and chocolate cake. They ate it all, and didn’t complain.

Sunday 9-28-08

We ate dinner before Fantasmic at Rosie’s in DHS. DH and I shared the double cheeseburger, fries, and chocolate cake. I asked for an extra bun and was given it for free! The only thing I didn’t like is that there was no topping bar, only condiments. The burger was fine, nothing special, but not bad either, as was the fries and standard chocolate cake. Once again DS and DD shared nuggets, fries, and cake. We did get a souvenir mug with our drink at no extra charge!

Monday 9-29-08

We had lunch around 11:30 at Yak & Yeti Local Foods. We really enjoyed this for a change of pace and I was surprised at the amount of food you get! DH and I shared the honey chicken, rice, and mango pie. The chicken was good, white meat and large size. The sauce had a nice flavor. There was plenty of white rice with it and it was good, I just wished it could have been fried rice instead. The mango pie was a nice tangy change of pace as well. It was one of the best of the pre-packaged desserts we had all week. We also got a side of egg rolls. They were hot and good and not too greasy. DD and DS shared the kid’s chicken bites, Jell-O and fries. I also got an extra side of fries for them to share. They said they were good and ate them all. There was plenty of seating and I enjoyed the décor surrounding us.

Monday 9-29-08

While the adults stopped at the F&W vendors. I used a CS credit to get my DS and DD dinner at the Refreshment Port in Canada. (McDonalds) They don’t have a kids menu and with one credit I got 9 nuggets, a large fry, large drink, and a McFlurry! This was a great deal and more than the kids could eat. This was one of the best values for a CS we had. It would have been over $14 with out the credit!

Tuesday 9-30-08

We ate dinner at the Pop Century. We were tired after a long day at Epcot, so we came back to the resort to eat and swim. DH and I shared the Ciabatta turkey sandwich. It was really good. The bread was nice and the portion was huge! We bought a side of hummus and pita chips to go with it and they were both good too. DS and DD shared a pizza and we all shared 2 pieces of tie-dye cheesecake. This was YUMMY! We really liked it and ended up using snack credits later on in the week to get more. We were really surprised with the quality of the dinner here. We have had the breakfast before and found it to be just ok, so we were surprised at the variety and taste of the dinner offerings. We liked being able to eat outside by the pool as well.

Thursday 10-2-08

We had dinner in DTD at the Cookes of Dublin. We wanted to try something different and we really enjoyed this meal. DH and I shared the fried platter. For just one CS ($14.99) we got 1 huge piece of fish, 6 small battered sausages, and 2 huge scallops with fries! We also got a large drink. This meal did not come with dessert, but we couldn’t have eaten it anyway! This was a lot of food! Even though it was all fried, it was not greasy and the fish was very mild. I loved the scallops. They were very mild and tender! DD and DS shared the kids chicken, fries, and cookie. They said they really enjoyed it too! There is very limited seating though, but a very nice man gave up his table for us and he stood and ate the rest of his meal. We will definitely be back!

Friday 10-3-08

We had dinner at Casey’s Corner about 7pm. This is the first time we have been to Casey’s where it wasn’t slammed packed. We were able to find a table right out front, and even the room with the bleachers had tables and seats available. I did not however like the very aggressive ducks that kept coming up to the table! We got 3 hotdog, fries, and cookie combos and a side of corndog nuggets. I just love Casey’s hotdogs and I like the kraut and cheese sauce on the toppings bar! The kids shared the hotdog and corndog bites and liked them both.

Saturday 10-4-08

We had early lunch around 11am at Pecos Bills. Since we went early there was no line and lots of seats available. DH and I shared the Chicken Wrap, fries, and carrot cake. The wrap was large and good and with the topping bar I added onions and mushrooms to mine! We also got more cheese sauce for the fries. DD and DS shared the burger, fries, and yogurt. They both ate it, but didn’t seem to like it very much. I really miss the peanut butter cake here. That was a lot better than the carrot cake or yogurt.

Saturday 10-4-08
We stopped at Earl of Sandwich on the way out of Disney. We got 3 sandwiches to go and ate in the car. We had the Ham and Swiss, Italian, and BLT. They were all good and we really enjoyed the bread. This place is one of the best of sandwiches anywhere on property!

SBETigg
10-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Oh, it all sounds so good right now! I'm glad you had some good quick service meals. Thanks for reporting!

ElenitaB
10-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Just for reference, how old are your kids? Thanks!

Mackflava99
10-09-2008, 04:47 PM
gosh my mouth is watering- very nice report

January-2007
10-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Thanks for reporting. So is the cheese sauce free again and out at the toppings bar? That would be great! :mickey:

yjgirl32
10-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the report.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-10-2008, 08:55 AM
sounds yummy, thanks for the report

tinkerbell04
10-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Sounds like you really had some great CS food! You made me hungry reading about it!!

Momof2boys
10-10-2008, 10:55 AM
I really miss the peanut butter cake here. That was a lot better than the carrot cake or yogurt.

No more peanut butter cake ? ! ? :faint:

TBY2225
10-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Thanks everyone! Kids are DD6 and DS2!