PDA

View Full Version : Post Hurricane Ike Fall Fun "Redo" Trip-Day 3 Part 2

angel8783
10-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Part 2-Eat to the Beat and Magic Kingdom

Today was destined to be super busy….

Our only other plan was to go see Big Bad VooDoo Daddy at Epcot and then stay for Illuminations. DH was so looking forward to this concert! We knew Epcot would be slammed with it being the first weekend of the Food and Wine Festival and a Saturday, but we were going for the concert. We decided to take a bus to the Beach Club from Animal Kingdom then walk in the International Gateway. When we got there we had some time to kill so we went to see Impressions of France. We really love this show. The soundtrack is amazing and you have got to love panoramic film of a beautiful country. I know this is an old film and probably needs updated, but it’s still beautiful.

We walked over the American pavilion after Impressions of France and found a seat for the concert. We were seated right in the sun since the seating area was full when we got there, and once again, because of my cold coming on I got very sleepy and actually dozed during the show! I know, it’s awful of me, but I was getting sick, so I have a good excuse! After the show, we walked over to Morocco to get some dinner at the Tangerine Café. We both got the chicken platter which was delicious as always! I just love the baklava you get with the dining plan. While eating we were discussing what to do next. The plan was to stay at Epcot, but the thought of leaving and going back to the resort after Illuminations with those crowds was just daunting, so we decided to return to the “original” plan before we knew about Big Bad Voodoo Daddy playing at Epcot that weekend and go to MK for Spectro and Wishes. We knew it would be busy there too because of EMH, but we figured it would be manageable.

While we were on our way out of Epcot we stopped and rode Spaceship Earth. This is the first time I have been on it since the refurb. I really enjoyed it. The burning Rome smell was still there and I actually liked answering the questions at the end. The funny part…. When DH took his picture at the beginning he was being his silly self and made the funniest face. He had no clue how they would use the face picture when he took it. When the pictures were applied at the end, we were both just cracking up laughing! We would have loved to have a copy of the video part, but they only will send you a copy of the postcard if you send it to yourself in the end exhibit area. We sent ourselves the funny copy of our picture of us in the future and then kept walking toward the Monorail.

When we got to MK, it was just as busy as Epcot! DH wanted to ride Haunted Mansion and it was about 1.5 hours till the first Spectro. Already about 80% of the front seats were taken up on Main Street. We went back and rode Haunted Mansion which is my favorite ride in Magic Kingdom. We just love the refurb. We were able to see it on our October trip last year. After our one ride we went to find somewhere to see Spectro, with one hour to go the parade route was super crowded, so we decided to just hang out somewhere near main street until Wishes. We shopped some and then found a place on the street for Wishes after Spectro came through with plans to see the second Spectromagic parade. It was amazing as always! I can hear the soundtrack a million times, but it just doesn’t substitute being there to see the show. By this time, we were exhausted… park hopping twice that day had really worn us out. We decided we would just see Spectro later in the trip. We went back to the resort and conked out after watching Seinfeld again!

faline
10-09-2008, 06:06 PM
I enjoy the Impressions soundtrack too! You certainly did a lot even if you weren't feeling well!

Lizzie
10-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the report sounds like a great day.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-10-2008, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the report

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the report

tinkerbell04
10-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Sorry to hear about your cold, I hope you are feeling better soon! Thanks for sharing.

angel8783
10-10-2008, 12:15 PM
I am finally just about over the cold. The worst part ended the day we came back (a week ago). You will notice that we got later starts after Sunday... but I did not let the cold slow me down much more after that. We were there for so long and it was just the two of us, so we still saw everything!!

pdrlkr
10-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
10-15-2008, 11:35 AM
the rest of the day sounded just as good as the begining...it def was a funfilled day!! :mickey:

yjgirl32
10-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Good report- sorry to hear your not feeling well. Hopef it didn't get any worse. Thanks for sharing.

dolphinmickey9170
10-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the fun report. :mickey:

January-2007
10-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

laward32
10-26-2008, 11:08 AM
What a fun packed day. You got a lot done. Sorry about your cold. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

goofy for pluto
10-27-2008, 04:07 PM
I am glad to hear a positive report of SE.
It was my favorite ride.
Thanks for sharing your trip with us!
:mickey: