PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Seafood Buffet ?

fischer
10-09-2008, 10:18 AM
I would like some opinions on this restaurant. I am on the Dining Plan and have never ate here before.

luvdiznee
10-09-2008, 11:38 AM
We enjoyed it when we ate there. Would certainly be willing to go back. :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
10-09-2008, 11:59 AM
1) Compared to a true upper New England buffet, mediocre.
2) Compared to a Midwest seafood buffet, very good.
3) You should be disappointed.

TinkerbellT421
10-09-2008, 12:19 PM
1) Compared to a true upper New England buffet, mediocre.
2) Compared to a Midwest seafood buffet, very good.

Me personally being from new england, yes Scupper is 100% correct about it not being a TRUE new england buffet...and compared to seafood in the midwest he is right again. But it is good. Just dont compare it to a NE Buffet because that will disappoint you if that what you expect. But the food does taste good...and the deserts are excellent. We will be back again. We just dont go in expecting to get the best seafood ever caught....we know what that really tastes like and it just doesnt compare. But for seafood...in disney...its good, you will enjoy it.

paragon
10-09-2008, 12:36 PM
I agree 100%. Also a New Englander, its not a true "New England Clambake" as its described to be. But it is definitely a good meal, worth the price. We always go there, its actually our favorite.

Jeff G
10-09-2008, 06:07 PM
I enjoyed the meal a lot but I come from the MidWest and have never been out east. Looking at Rusty's list I fit #2:D.

The food was very good and offered a great selection. The clams were good but very small. The clam chowder was excellent. The fish was good. The rest of the buffet offers a wide variery for even the non-seafood lovers from salad, to prime rib and chicken. This was one of our favorite meals for all in our party including my DW who didn't eat any of the seafood items.

So many of WDW's buffets are the same, this one was different and offered a great selection. We will be going back next year.

brewcrew26
10-10-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm mostly midwestern but have had a true NE clambake. So, we're trying in on our next trip. It's gotta be better than Red Lobster!

Tbelle1976
10-10-2008, 10:41 PM
We will also be trying it for the first time in February, and we are looking forward to it. We are from Ohio and have also never been to a "true" clam bake, but I'm sure we will enjoy it.

DizneyRox
10-11-2008, 05:35 AM
It's gotta be better than Red Lobster!
That I'm not so sure about. I'd probably rate it about the same. It was a decent meal and probably about worth the price when we went. I'm not sure what kind of cost cutting they have done with the menu as of late, so be warned. This meal is something that can go downhill in a hurry if they start messing with the menu.

Catwillow
10-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Also.....it's a 'must eat at' for me. The clams are SCRUMPTIOUS...as is the rest of the buffet. Never have been dissappointed.

Soul_Power
10-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Honestly, I wasn't too impressed with this buffet. I thought that their food was just OKAY and nothing was really to die for. It was fine to try once, but I don't think we'll be going back again.

Maleficent's Dad
10-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Normally I rave about everything at the BC. And while we thoroughly enjoy the buffet at Cape May for breakfast, I have to admit that the dinner is just okay. This is not to say that I'm not willing to return to Cape May - I most certainly will be back; but my expectations aren't very high for the place. It does for us in a pinch.

I'm not huge on buffets - mass quantities of food usually equates to severe lack in quality.

Just my opinion...

Natazu
10-12-2008, 02:34 AM
Their staple items, mussels and clams, are very good. If that's what you like, you'll be in for a real treat. The other things on the buffet fit snugly into the "just another buffet" category.

:twocents:

Hull-onian
10-12-2008, 05:44 PM
:welcome: to Intercot.

I would like some opinions on this restaurant. I am on the Dining Plan and have never ate here before.

We love Cape May. We are going again on the first day of our trip. I am so looking forward to it. It is a good place for dinner. Enjoy!!:thumbsup:

paragon
10-13-2008, 07:00 PM
:welcome: to Intercot.

We love Cape May. We are going again on the first day of our trip. I am so looking forward to it. It is a good place for dinner. Enjoy!!:thumbsup:

I'm assuming by your username, Hull onian, that you are used to REAL NE clambakes! LOL.
Cape May is our favorite as well, we were looking for a buffet, and found this one, its always a must do!

yes, Hull-onian, the "Paragon" IS one and the same. ( wink, wink )

1EeyoreFan
10-13-2008, 07:34 PM
We just ate there for the first time last week. We really enjoyed our service and food. I must admit that I have no prior clam bake experience to compare this to. ;) I realize there is not much to a clam but I was a little embarrassed by how many trips my DH made to the buffet line. :blush: The desserts were tasty and DD age 3 found plenty to eat as well.