PDA

View Full Version : ASM vs Coronado Springs

crmark1
10-08-2008, 03:56 PM
We are in the planning stages of our next trip to WDW in June of 2009. My question is would you do six nights at Coronado Springs or seven nights st ASM. I've considered CS because of the change in the DDP we are going to get the new CS only plan and Coronado Springs has some great deals for CS at the Pepper Market (Ribeye steak dinner). We would have to shorten stay to six days to stay inside budget.
Also does Coronado Springs have refrigerators in room?

disneymom15
10-08-2008, 04:55 PM
I would opt for the 7 days at a value. For my family, we spend very little time at the resort. We'll eat breakfast there and maybe a snack, but most of our cs meals are at the parks.

btharvey
10-08-2008, 05:05 PM
As I recall, with our last visit, refrigerators can be requested (extra $$) but are not guaranteed.

KatMark
10-08-2008, 09:04 PM
We would pick the CSR--but then it is our favorite resort (we've stayed seven times and have already planned number eight). But we also spend a lot of time at the resort and don't have small children (our kids are 22 and 20). All moderates come with refrigerators at no cost. And the CSR has added queen beds to all rooms that don't have king beds.

Iluvpooh
10-08-2008, 09:23 PM
I LOVE CSR, but if you are only thinking about staying at Coronado for the bargain of your CS credits then you need to think about the cost difference per room and pay out of pocket for a steak dinner. JMO

I see you stayed at a value last time. I would think that if you were happy with the room size on that trip then you may want to spend the extra day at WDW and stay at a value.

I do agree with the other post about CSR-it is my favorite resort as well. And, yes there are fridges in the rooms-no charge.

Johnno52
10-08-2008, 09:25 PM
I would take one day less to stay at CSR as the moderates have the extras. Pepper Market is about the best CS selections in the World. We have never stayed there but dined there a few times. The only drawback we noticed is that it gets busy when there is a big convention and it is a very big resort with lots of walking if you don't have a car.

Gator
10-09-2008, 12:33 AM
Definitely stay at the Coronado. It's a great resort with the great food court you already know about. Also, the bus service will be infinitely better. If Disney would have offered a discount for the time I'm going (in other words, they didn't:thedolls:), I would be staying there again. It is far and away my favorite.

dtootsie42
10-09-2008, 12:40 AM
we have never stayed at the Coronado but have friends who, if they could, would stay there every time they go to visit. Based on their love for the resort I would say go for one day less.

BigRedDad
10-09-2008, 01:28 AM
I would stay a CSR personally. I would also do what I can to find the extra $150-$200 for the 7th day.

buzz2001
10-09-2008, 05:38 AM
No comparison!! CSR!! Great main pool area, awesome transportation, and terrific food options. Check out my CSR website (by clicking on my name) for pics and info. CSR now has queen beds too!!

http://i34.tinypic.com/11kfg3p.jpg

Diznee4Me
10-09-2008, 08:34 AM
I agree with everything said about the Coronado - heading down soon for our seventh stay with CSR.

Bottom line - no comparison! Coronado :number1:

lilolvr
10-09-2008, 01:59 PM
CSR!! I love CSR for the atmosphere, great CM's and the deluxe-lite feel. CSR offers a spa, salon, full menu room service and fitness center not to mention a terrific main pool area and the best transportation that is not shared with any other resort. It's like taking two vacations in one. Queen beds too!

dmosher
10-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Yep same vote here, CRS wins over any of the other resorts in it's class... but that's just my opinion.
:pipes:
D

crmark1
10-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Thanks to everyone!:number1: Sounds like youve all made our decision easy. Coronado it is! Anyone going to be staying there the third week of June?? Thanks again!