PDA

View Full Version : Park is at capacity

shafamily
10-08-2008, 03:35 PM
What happens if a park is at capacity & you have dining reservations at one of the restaurants? Do they let you in or tell you oh well? On 2 days we will be eating at Epcot for dinner & 2 days we will be eating at Hollywood. We plan to start the day at a different park & then go back to the parks later for our ADR's. We are going near Christmas when it will be busy.:confused:

Johnno52
10-08-2008, 03:47 PM
If you are staying at any of the WDW resorts and you use the internal buses, you won't have any problems. You are included in the capacity count.;)

shafamily
10-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Oh OK. I was starting to get worried. I'll be staying at the Movies.
Thank You

KylesMom
10-08-2008, 04:29 PM
If you are staying at any of the WDW resorts and you use the internal buses, you won't have any problems. You are included in the capacity count. Hmmm - it has always been my understanding that once they hit park capacity, you will not be able to get into the park regardless of whether or not you have ADRs. You are guaranteed to get into A PARK, but it may not be the one of your choosing. Disney has certain protocols in place - the parks are closed to certain parties in stages - first to outside guests, then to folks staying on property. Once the final stage is hit, it is my understanding that no one can get in if the park has reached full capacity.

Perhaps someone can clarify this in greater detail. I recall several years ago in May on an evening when the Electric Light Parade was only playing a few times that month, we got stuck outside of the park until numerous guests left. By the time we were let in, the line trailing behind us to get into the park was staggering.

TheRustyScupper
10-08-2008, 04:38 PM
If you are staying at any of the WDW resorts and you use the internal buses, you won't have any problems. You are included in the capacity count.;)

1) If the park is at capacity, NO ONE can get in.
. . . Not ADR's, even paid ADR's.
. . . Not resort guests.
. . . Not people who were there earlier and left.
. . . Not CM's out to visit the park.
2) If you are a resort guest, you are guaranteed "A" park.
3) Not necessarily the one that you want.

NOTE: Usually this is a problem only at MK on major holidays - although on New Year's Eve, Epcot has been at capacity before.

Polynesian Dweller
10-08-2008, 04:52 PM
The parks do close in phases. This has been mentioned a number of times on the board and it gets progressively more restrictive. In phases 2 and 3 resort guest can still get in but as I remember it by phase 3 a resort guest must take a bus in , not by car.

At Phase 2 you must either be a multiday pass holder or a resort guest. At Phase 4, absolutely no one gets in, even with reservations and no you are not counted in the closing count in phase 4. The posts on this forum suggest that phase 4 is very rare and mostly Christmas and 4th of July.

btharvey
10-08-2008, 05:07 PM
I believe that Spring Break is also an occasion that will swell the parks to capacity, but it is not always predictable on which day(s) that may occur.

Johnno52
10-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Sorry we were there on the 4th of July one year and my son told me he did have to wait about half an hour at the MK before they let them in. :blush:

lockedoutlogic
10-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Park Capacity is just that....Capacity. full....no entrada.....nothing...

That is based on FIRE CODES.....once a structure(s) with one effective entrance is to the predetermined limit....that's it.

But...you have two things working for you:

1. It's only "closed" typically for a short period....as even on packed days there is normal attrition that will get you in at some point.
2. They are typically only near capacity about 4 days a year......especially when the economy is in the toilet....as it is firmly now
3. If you have an ADR somewhere....and you are somewhere else.....you're not thinking too far ahead. Everyone thinks it would be neato to be in disney world on july 4th, new years eve, and christmas.....
ya well.....it's not original thinking....so you have to think about this.

Remember that it's not just disney hotels that flood parks....there are 450 total in the orlando area.....and you're smack dab in the middle of a state with 19 million people....

this requires forethought....as most things do...though few humans have learned how to assess when....

just go early to where you want to be and plan on an all day type thing.....no park hopping...shopping trips....pool breaks...etc.

If that doesn't appeal to you...or you fail to realize it's gonna be mobbed and you're going to feel violated by the lack of personal bubble room and not get anything accomplished....then just don't do the park thing on the highest volume days....