PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Honeymoon Day 8

DreaminofDisney24
10-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Sorry for the delay, I've been outta town for a bit!
Cast:
Me-26-First time!
DH-Steve-26
September 12-21st, WL, Free Dining!

I was quite excited about this day, because Steve and were going to see Cirque Du Soleil at 6:30 in the evening! Steve, being the wonderful husband that he is is, grabbed us some breakfast from Roaring Forks (this became one of our fave traditions-bacon and eggs in bed!) and we talked about how we wanted to spend our morning. Future World was decided upon as the next location, since we hadn't done much from there, and we got ready and headed out the door.
We arrived late morning, and decided to grab fast passes for Soarin'. To kill some time, we visited with Nemo (my fave pixar movie), and said hello to Figment (Steve's boyhood favorite character from Disney World). We continued the airconditioning theme by riding with Ellen and learning about energy and then headed over to see the wait time for Test Track. Sadly, it was too long for a standby, and we didn't have time for the fast passes (Cirque Du Soleil people!). By this point, our times for Soarin' came around, but I think Steve and I were both just kinda hot and tired...and starting to tire of the theme parks scene (I know, I know...but seriously, by the 8th day, aren't you even a little tired of going to a park?) We had seen Soarin' in Disneyland, and even though we liked the ride, it was not a must see for this trip...so a lucky couple recieved our fastpasses (too cute!) and we headed back to the hotel to get ready for our night out....
We arrived at Downtown Disney about 4ish, giving us time to catch a quick bite at Planet Holleywood (hey, it was free aaaaaand we always like to go once!). Steve and I like the food, and the milkshakes hit the spot! It was time though to head to the big tent, and I was uber excited:number1: A magnet was bought to remind us of our visit, and then we headed to our seats. We had nice seats-actually, I don't think anywhere was a bad seat...and we quickly took pictures of ourselves and the theater:secret: as the usher's back was turned...teehee! And then lights went down, the curtain went up, and I think my mouth didn't stop gaping until..um...the last curtain call! What an awesome peformance-truly stunning...and even when they messed up, they redid the trick again-as if to say "see? we can do it!"
The show ended, and it was a little cooler then past nights, so it was a perfect time to visit the hot tubs at the Lodge. They were so nice...until the children...look parents, I totally totally support enjoying time with your kids in the spa. But please, please don't leave them unattended-or if you do-teach them how to be in and around a hot tub! It's NOT a swimming pool and it's not a free for all dunking area. Sadly, a lot of adults left, because it just wasn't that enjoyable after awhile. (However, we had a cool 15 minutes with no kids, and just us and the fireworks..yay!) One mom did say something to the kids (not her own) and that worked for a bit..so go "mom"! It was just a safety issue by that point....It was a beautiful night though, and I even got a little chilly-who'd have thunk it! It's ok though...Steve kept me warm:blush:
Up Next: Day 9...Beauty and the Beast and packing up!

mouseketeer mom
10-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Yes. Cirque takes your breath away, I totally agree. And I agree with the hot tub issue. My husband took to the hot tub during our stay at the lodge for a hurt back...kids were jumping in all around him like it was a kiddie pool!! To make it worse, after they left, he was joined by a couple who proceeded to get involved in some heavy kissing as if he wasn't there. AWK-WARD!!!!!!! Come on people! Show some hot tub respect!! Sounds like you had a terrific day. Thanks for sharing!

Lizzie
10-08-2008, 08:58 PM
THanks for the report. Sounds like a great day. And a great night.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-09-2008, 09:25 AM
sounds great

pdrlkr
10-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
10-09-2008, 06:19 PM
I've only gone to Cirque once but I greatly thank my brother for "forcing" me to go!!!

I'll bet you made those folks very happy with the Soarin' fast passes!

tinkerbell04
10-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Sounds great! Iam sure that we will take the time to do Cirque one of these times! Thanks for sharing.