PDA

View Full Version : Grocery delivery or pack them?

Rosemickey68
10-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Planning on saving $$$ by either taking items with us or using the garden grocer.

Has anyone used the garden grocer to have groceries delivered to their resort?
Was it worth it?

How was the quality of the fresh items?

Is it best to get the time set up for delivery 1 or 2 hours after your planned arrival at the airport?

Is it cheaper to buy non-perishable items at home and mail them to the resort?

Thanks for your help!:mickey:

BigRedDad
10-08-2008, 03:18 PM
I looked into Garden Grocer, but there was no place indicating delivery fees. Their prices, to me, were a little on the high side. I have an extremely good discount with DHL through work. I plan on buying stuff at home and shipping it down through DHL. I will probably break even between that and Garden Grocer.

VWL Mom
10-08-2008, 06:08 PM
I placed my order with Garden Grocer yesterday. The delivery fee on $107 was $12.95 plus gratuity (optional). I agree that the prices were a little higher than home on some of the items but not terrible. For ex. Granola Bars $3.59; we pay $2.99 here.

We used them last year and had them deliver right before we arrived, everything was held at bell services. All in all the savings on breakfast, 2 cases of water and beer alone make it worth it for us.

Downtown Dave
10-09-2008, 12:37 AM
We used the GG and were well pleased. Like mentioned before, prices were so-so, but it was quality food, not your cheapy generic stuff. Order twice as much juice as you think you'll need!

Another thing that we treat ourselves to is the best Pizza in the world at Giordano's Pizza. It is a stuffed Pizza and truely a slice is a meal. We order as soon as we get to the room. :cool: If you try it, you might never want "normal" delivery pizza again!

Disney Doll
10-09-2008, 12:00 PM
We are doing both. I'm shipping a box of baby food and diapers today. Garden Grocer didn't carry my preferred brands in either item and it was too much to pack in the luggage. I am also placing an order with Garden Grocer mainly for perishables and drinks. The delivery fee is $12.95 no matter how much you spend, but there is a $40.00 minimum required (before tax & delivery fee). Prices were a little higher than I normally pay here in Oklahoma, but I remember the prices in the grocery stores around WDW being a little higher too. So all things considered I think the prices are pretty fair. If you are not in your room bell services can hold the package for you. Supposedly they even have a large fridge where they can store your perishables. It's just so convenient to have drinks, snacks, and breakfast items right there in your room.