PDA

View Full Version : German Toy Store - make your own doll

Disney_Barbie
10-08-2008, 11:52 AM
My sister is heading down to WDW in the end of the month & had a question, I knew INTERCOT-ers could solve it.
Her last visit (about a yr ago) one of the CMs at the Germanany Toy store (particularly the doll shop) told her that they would be closing down soon (my sister can't remember if it was the WHOLE toy store closing or JUST the make your own doll part of it) she was distressed since my neice LOVES this place. I was able to varify for her that it was still open as of this past aug (my last visit) but can anyone give me an update?
Can anyone varify that the make your own doll part of the german toy stor is still open?
Anyone heard of a possible closing? (perhaps the CM was misinformed or perhaps my sister got confused, or perhaps since then plans have changed)

Insanity Clause
10-21-2008, 05:46 PM
I found the site on the WDW info side and they mention about the dolls but nothing about it closing. I would think that that would be mentioned. I hope that they don't. In 2001 my friend had them make her a doll and she bought the outfit that Belle wears when dancing with the beast. The artist was there and signed the doll for her as well, it was really special and I hope that it stays that way. I was thinking of getting one when we are there in the Spring.

AwPhooey
10-21-2008, 05:54 PM
When I was there Oct 4-12 all of the stores at the Germany pavillon were open. I didn't look for the make-your-own doll section, but I also didn't see any areas closed.

1EeyoreFan
10-21-2008, 08:24 PM
The doll section was open when we were there Oct. 4-11. They even had a master doll maker there creating and signing the dolls. Hope this helps.

fanofdisney
10-22-2008, 05:15 AM
Wow, this sounds cool. Are they similar to American Girl Dolls? How much are they?