PDA

View Full Version : Oops! Didn't note anniversary on ADRs

Bluesky481
10-07-2008, 08:13 PM
DH and I will be enjoying free dining at Disney in a few short weeks, and I didn't even think to note that we will be celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary when I was making our ADRs. Would it be "goony" of me to call WDW dining back to note it now?
Thanks guys...I have a small bit of OCD:secret:, so I just want to make sure I'm doing the "right thing". :thumbsup:

SBETigg
10-07-2008, 08:35 PM
It would be perfectly fine to call back and add it now. You can also pick up a button when you get there. I've found that it's just as likely they do or don't do something for you whether you note it in advance or mention it when you get there, or wear a pin. It all depends on who seats you, who waits on you, what they feel like doing at any given time. Extras ( or extra attention) are always nice, but nothing to count on. Happy anniversary! I hope it's an amazing trip for you.

DisneyLoversx4
10-08-2008, 04:57 AM
OMG!!! you will never guess!! We got the letter in the mail about the free dining offer and have always wanted to go to Disney during Christmas so my husband and I decided (contrary to what financial advisors say!) to just do it you only live once! So we booked the trip dEC14-20. Well i just called back yesterday and added another day to the trip and the lady said are we celebrating anything during our trip? And i said no birthdays during that week, and she said any anniversaries! I could not believe that I forgot our wedding anniversary is on Dec16!!! I could not believe it!! My husband forgot also! We went for our 10th anniversary to WL and a 4 night cruise and had a blast! We got nice surprises in our rooms at both locations! So you could imagine my surprise when i saw your thread! Happy Anniversary!:heart:

mouseketeer mom
10-08-2008, 06:47 AM
Yes! Call and have it noted, and you can also tell them when you are checking in at the podium if you like. I had my husbands birthday noted on our Narcoosees ressie in August and they had personalized menus for us..it was great! It was noted in other places too, but not every place acknowledged the birthday. It depends on the server, who seats you, the place, etc..as another poster said. But it doesn't hurt to have it noted on the ADR and see what happens!

KatMark
10-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Yes, by all means call back and have it noted. As previous posters said, things could or could not be done--it just depends. We celebrated our 25th while there and got upgraded to a suite at our resort and every restaurant except Whispering Canyon Cafe (which was the worse meal of the trip anyway--DH got ill eating the skillet) acknowledged our anniversary with a cupcake or piece of cake (Crystal Palace decorated our table as well).

Bluesky481
10-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks guys! I made the call, and our anniversary is now noted on our ADRs.

Even if nothing special comes our way, I'm just completely beside myself that we get to try so many great restaurants during our stay--yippee!!:mickey:

Oh yes, and Happy Anniversary to you too, DisneyLoversx4!!!:party:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-08-2008, 08:20 PM
It's never too late to call and make note of special celebrations. We were there for my 14yo nephews bd and they brought him out a cupcake with lots of whipped cream and a candle. Nothing fancy but still a nice acknowledgement.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-09-2008, 08:18 PM
DH and I will be celebrating a belated anniversary at Disney this year. It's actually next Saturday 10/18/08 ( 11 years )
We'll be heading down on 11/24th thru 12/5.

12 days of relaxation and Disney magic. We'll be eating at Artist Point on 11/24 to celebrate our anniv. 6weeks and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:joy::yay::woohoo::yes: