PDA

View Full Version : Help On Where To Stay.

kcf
10-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Hi,

Planning a 4 day trip in Feb. Last 2 times stayed at the Poly. This time I do not want to spend that much.
I am looking into the Contemporary and have a silly question. Why is it so much less then the other Deluxe Resorts? I am traveling with my 12 yr old dgtr. Would this hotel be to boring for her. I feel since I am going for such a short time It would be easier to stay at a hotel with the monorail. I am also considering the CSR.
Any info & suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Karen

sisterslovindisney
10-07-2008, 06:43 PM
I think it might be the view you are looking at that makes the difference. I checked on info central and it seems that Contemporary has a garden standard view that is quite a bit less that their regular garden view and the poly garden view. The Contemporary garden view is only $20 less than Poly garden view. These are based on value season:
$270 Contemporary garden standard view
$320 Contemporary garden view
$349 Poly garden view

I've never stayed at Contemporary because the themeing just doesn't appeal to us. We love the Poly and the price is worht it to us but I'm sure you're daughter will love it anywhere!

wdwfansince75
10-07-2008, 08:21 PM
The CR has two (formerly 3) buildings...the tower, a 14 story A-frame structure, with the monorail actually passing through on the fifth floor, and a South Garden Wing....a 3 story building on the Bay Lake side of the tower....there used to be a North tower, but that was demolished to make way for the DVC Bay Lake Tower.
The garden wing rooms are less than Poly or GF, but the same or more than the other Deluxes. As you can tell from my signature, we love the CR. Our kids and grandkids love the convenience, the short walk or monorail ride to MK, our favorite park, and the monorail rides to EPCOT, a close second in our internal poles.
Haven't been there since the Food and Fun Center on the bottom floor was closed....there is now a CS and a game room on the concourse, which is the fourth floor....the 4th floor is also home to Chef Mickey's
Some complain about the pool, but our fanily has always loved it. Our family has also enjoyed the short boat ride to Fort Wilderness, to visit the Trails End Cafe. Check out the other FW activities....they are convenient to the CR.
The rooms are as large as Poly or GF, and slightly larger than the other Deluxes....all have been renovated within the last few years. The Garden Wing rooms are closer to the monorail than most of the rooms at the Poly, and than a large number of rooms at GF.....It is a great place to take a family.

OogieBoogieMan
10-07-2008, 09:48 PM
I have never stayed, but I want to after reading the wdwfansince75 post. You have to love Intercot.

kcf
10-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Thanks so much Wdwfansince 75. You make it seem like a great place to stay. I really will consider it.

Do they have a place where you can buy cereal and milk? I know some of the other resorts have.

Thanks again for the info.

mouseketeer mom
10-08-2008, 06:57 AM
We loved our stay at the CR! Nope, to answer your question, no one will be bored with the theming! Its a high energy, in the heart of it all, Disney classic. Right on top of the magic. We wouldn't hesitate to return. We had a tower room facing the MK..but I believe any of the rooms would feel special. Even the garden wing, garden view rooms are right by the pool and bay lake. They are a very short walk to the tower building. The CR is a great choice.

lilolvr
10-08-2008, 08:48 AM
CSR!! I love CSR for the atmosphere, great CM's and the deluxe-lite feel. CSR offers a spa, salon, full menu room service and fitness center not to mention a terrific main pool area and the best transportation that is not shared with any other resort. It's like taking two vacations in one. Queen beds too!

JoDisney
10-08-2008, 10:03 AM
WL is a MK resort and it is only a boat ride away from MK. Also, you can pick up the monorail at MK to travel to Epcot. WL along with AKL are considered the more reasonable deluxe resorts. It is very beautiful. I think your daughter would love it.

KylesMom
10-08-2008, 10:56 AM
As stated, while the CR Garden Wing rooms may be less than the Poly & the GF, the rooms certainly aren't inexpensive by any stretch of the imagination.

We absolutely LOVE the CR - the ambiance, the walkway to MK, the Gift Shops, Chef Mickey's, etcetera, and can't imagine anyone considering the resort as "boring". However, they have simply priced us out of the market at this point for a 14-night stay. As JoDisney mentioned, you may want to check out WL if your budget is a consideration. This is now the resort of choice for us. It's a short boat (or bus) ride away from MK, the setting is majestic, and it is housed under one roof - which may be a consideration in February. Both of these resorts come standard with Queen sized beds. However, the room at CR will definitely be more spacious.

As we've never stayed at CSR, I can't comment on that one. Wherever you decide to stay, I'm sure it will be a magical trip! :mickey: