PDA

View Full Version : AC~DC Coming to town, but...

Marker
10-07-2008, 05:03 PM
tickets are $91.50. Same price for all seat. And with ticketmaster's service charge, and convenience charge, etc, it would come to nearly $150.

As much as I would LOVE to go, I really don't think I want to see them THAT much. That's just crazy.

Dracula766
10-07-2008, 05:29 PM
That's Ridiculous!!!

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
10-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Get this...Dolly Parton is coming to Winnipeg - top of the line tickets are $240 each! :confused:

That's an outrage! I wouldn't have gone anyway but c'mon. Sure she's been around a while and all but...$240 a pop? FORGET IT!

Chris :hatter:

Tinkerfreak
10-08-2008, 01:43 PM
I know ticket prices have gotten completely out of control. I know that prices need to go up but come on $240 to see Dolly? She is great but how many average people can afford that?
I agree with you Marker I would not pay that much either.

Ian
10-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Is it the real AC/DC or just some cobbled together group of musicians with Angus wandering around on stage?

If it's the full band, I'd pay the $150. If not, then bag it.

Stich8818
10-22-2008, 03:55 PM
See I am huge Jimmy Buffett fan and would love to go see him. I looked at going to VA to see him but the tickets were 136 a piece then factor in sevice charges..I just could not see paying it. I went to go see Fins to the Left at the house of blues for 10 bucks...and got the Buffett fix. But agreed ticket prices are getting be way too much.

Stickey
10-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Those service fees are out of control.

When did AC/DC tour with a replacement band?
Who was on vocals? The ghost of Bon Scot?
:rocker:

Jeff G
10-22-2008, 05:17 PM
I remember seeing AC/DC back in the late 80's or early 90's and complaing when the tickets cost $30. If memory serves that was for an all day concert which also had Rush and a few other bands.

Last year I was Journey & Def Leppard and that cost me $45 which I thought was high but acceptable for two of my favorite bands.

thrillme
10-22-2008, 07:48 PM
AC/DC is supposed to come here too but the tickets are already SOLD OUT within minutes.

Every Walmart is going NUTZ filled with AC/DC merchandise.

I didn't even "try" to get tickets but I know of people who did. There is NO ONE in concert that I can imagine paying $100 for. Not even Hannah Montana ;)

I really don't get when concerts have gotten so crazy expensive. When we went to the concert back when the tickets were something like $30 and $40-50 got you pretty close to the front on the floor.

diz_girl
10-23-2008, 10:50 AM
$150 for AC/DC - uh, no. I've never paid that much to see anyone, and I've seen bands a lot better than AC/DC, The Who for starters.

I wonder if the downtourn in the economy will start to affect ticket prices? The ridiculously high ticket prices of the past five years or so correspond to the credit boom. IMHO - Now that the credit markets have gone bust, there should be considerably fewer people who can afford to pay that much for tickets, since banks are freezing HELOCs and lowering credit limits for credit cards.