PDA

View Full Version : The Best Laid Plans Day 1

Mrs Bus Driver
10-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Ok so I started planning my trip 9 months out, an obsession I seem to share with a lot of people on intercot. Buying things for the trip making lists:write:, priority seatings, figuring out which parks on which days and of course reading the boards for tips and information. In general enjoying myself before the trip. DD and I usually take 3 or 4 trips a year to DL, but with DD in collage and holding down a job, my husband's battle with lung cancer it just wasn't possible this year. So it was decided to do 1 trip this year (1 trip to WDW costs as much as 4 trips to DL). As always DH and DS were invited but neither wanted to go, though they enjoy themselves when we can get them there, they just don't share our enthusiasm for Disney or parks in general.

We planned the trip for the fall intersession when both of us would be off. A week before my trip I was going to start packing all the little things we might need. DD was leaving it up to me to bring most of the things we might need. Both of us were thinking I would have the lighter schedule that week as I drive a school bus:bus:. When I don't pick up extra work my schedule is 6am to 9:30, then 1:45 to 5:15. Well I got a trainee that week (trainees usually do 2 to 3 hours of behind the wheel training a day for 2 weeks) and was asked to do 2 CDL tests (that is Commercial Drivers License). What that meant for me was working in the Arizona heat (still over 100 everyday:flame:) and no going home in the middle of the day. When I did get home I was tired. So I decided to leave my packing until Friday, we were leaving early Saturday so I would sleep on the plane. Good thing to, on Friday DD called her roommate had graduated and was moving out. She needed to get the apartment cleaned up before housing came through and could I bring the vacuum.

Fortunately I put a pot roast in the Crockpot for dinner that morning, some steam in the bag veggies, mac & cheese and wall-la dinner. I threw everything I could remember in 2 suitcases:crazy:, plugged up the portable DVD player and tossed a few movies in the carry on bag. DH and I left for DD's place and while he lounged on her sofa we got the place clean:vacuum::mop:. After midnight we got back home with DD in tow, then we were up at 3:30 to be to the airport by 4:30. After 6 hours on the plane we arrived at ASM resort around 3pm Florida time, exhausted and glad that the package didn't kick in until the next day. We went to the room watched movies and slept:alarm:.

That is all for now I will report on the rest of the trip tomorrow.:mickey:

SBETigg
10-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Wow, busy, busy! It must have felt so great to land, check in, and relax!

WDWFanatic
10-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Wow, I think I would be almost to tired for a vacation if I was you.

Hope you an DD had a great trip.

tinkerbell04
10-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Wow! I am exhausted just reading about it! I am looking forward to hearing more!

jrkcr
10-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Wow! I'd be in a panic! I'm also a plan freak with lists for my lists. :write:

Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing vacation!!!
You deserve it!!

cal5755
10-08-2008, 12:34 PM
WOW... how busy you were the day before... sounds a lot like us this trip lol. We went to sleep around 1:30 am and were up at 3 am to leave for our plane... I don't think we have caught up with sleep yet lol!!

Lizzie
10-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Sounds like a very busy week trying to get out of town. Hopefully your vacation is relaxing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-09-2008, 09:27 AM
I don't think 9 mo.s is too long for planning, we planned ours for a year and a half...thanks for the report

Mackflava99
10-09-2008, 03:23 PM
thanks- love your animation too:)

pdrlkr
10-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
10-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Whew! What an exhausting beginning!

magickingdom67
10-11-2008, 04:12 AM
What a busy day! Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

dtootsie42
10-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Wow, an exhausting beginning...I hope the rest was wonderful and relaxing.