PDA

View Full Version : New Century Timepieces Re-opens as Fortuosity Shop at Disneyland Park

Figment!
10-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Fortuosity Shop features timeless treasures galore! On October 3, 2008, New Century Timepieces will re-open its doors as the new Fortuosity Shop. "The name of the shop was inspired by the opening song from The Happiest Millionaire," says Walt Disney Imagineer and Director of Concept and Show Design, Kim Irvine. "We chose it because it is a Disney word created to express good fortune, which we hope everyone will find some type of fun fortune or treasure each time they visit the shop."

Fortuosity is based on the One Of A Kind shop in New Orleans Square - with lots of old pieces of furniture for displays, lots of funky lights and chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, all to create the feel of a shop one would find on Main Street in the early 1900's. With its eclectic offering of accessories, apparel and gift items, this ever-changing location will continuously reinvent itself, while continuing to offer a selection of our Disney watches, clocks and ever-popular artisan watches. So be sure to take more than a moment to linger in this unique shop and discover unexpected keepsakes that you will treasure for a lifetime.

tinkwest
10-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Darn. I don't remember seeing it opened up on Friday.

NotaGeek
10-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Linda, it wasn't! I looked for it and it opened on Saturday. This store is AWESOME and there was quite a few items that I loved, and infact I bought a REALLY cute Christmas Ornament there. Prices were very reasonable and the items were great. I wish I had taken pictures of the store, but they did a really good job giving the store new life. :thumbsup:

Chescat
10-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Are the Artists that drew the watches while you watched gone?

NotaGeek
10-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Are the Artists that drew the watches while you watched gone?

Nope, they are still there. :thumbsup: