PDA

View Full Version : anyone been to saratoga?

mexinese
10-06-2008, 09:03 PM
booked to stay at Saratoga 2 bedroom villa 12/14-12/18. What is the weather and crowds like this time if year? What is Saratoga springs like?

DisneyEpcotDad
10-06-2008, 09:27 PM
I stayed at Saratoga Springs during May of last year. I stayed not far from the main check in location. It's a relatively large resort with nice pool areas including sauna. The spa is worth trying out. Crowds will pick up the closer it gets towards Christmas day. I enjoyed my stay at Saratoga. I stayed right near the golf course and had a balcony from which to watch the golfers passing through. I think you'll enjoy the resort.:mickey:

laward32
10-06-2008, 09:42 PM
We stayed there last October. We stayed in the Grandstand area. We also stayed in a 2 bdrm villa. There is a lot of room. We were on the first floor and had a view of the golf course. I loved it. It is a very large resort, but it is beautiful. The one think I liked about the grandstand area is with the buses. We were first on and first off. The getting off first was wonderful with two little girls and a grandma and grandpa after a long day at the parks.
I don't know about the crowds when you are going though. We've been in Dec the week before and it was manageable. Hope this helps.:mickey:

thumperbug
10-06-2008, 09:44 PM
SSR is out home resort. We stayed there in April in a 1 bedroom. Overall we enjoyed the resort and had no complaints. The only thing we noticed was that the 1 bedroom villa is smaller then the others we have stayed in.

We could tell by the lack of room at the end of the fold out in the livingroom. You couldn't really walk around it easily.

We stayed in the Grandstand area which is very close to the main building and is also the first pick up/drop off of that resort.

The pools were great and overall the resort was a nice quiet one.

Goofster
10-09-2008, 12:33 PM
We stayed there this past February and found it to be an enjoyable resort. We stayed in the Fountains building and our room overlooked the lake area. The room was very nice and the main pool area was right across the street.

Our only complaints would be that the resort is very spread out and quite large. It didn't have that "cozy" feel like we enjoy at the Wilderness Lodge. We also weren't that impressed with the main food court and gift shop area. They were both combined and the wait times for food and to pay for it were long at times. For example, we would be waiting for 5-10 minutes to pay for our food, while one or two cashiers were also ringing up people for puchases in the gift shop area.

Otherwise, nice resort, would we stay there again, probably not, but if we had to stay there again, I wouldn't be disappointed. :mickey:

LauraleeH
10-11-2008, 07:49 PM
I've been there twice, it gives you a peaceful feeling when you're walking around. It's very refreshing and clean. Have fun!

DizneyRox
10-12-2008, 08:03 AM
It's very low on my list of places to stay. We were in a two bedroom, which was very nice, but the resort itself is just too big to be inviting. We had issues with the lines in the gift shop/food court as well, and even though the resort was brand new, we got locked out of our room sue to dead batteries in the reader (which took a couple hours and TWO walks from our room to the main building and back).

Transportation is eh... I wasn't impressed (and I think AKL has some of the best transportation which other fault)... It's a last resort, which, judging by the availability is what many poeple think. You never have a tough time getting a room there, and they have SOLD OUT all the DVC contracts.