PDA

View Full Version : WLV rooms

Through the looking Glass
10-06-2008, 04:03 PM
We are thinking about staying at WL instead of boardwalk for our next vacation. We have never stayed there before. I was courious to where the rooms are. Using DVC points would be in the main lodge or in the wing attached to WL. I have read about some staying in the wing and some in the lodge, just trying to figure whos right.

scootch713
10-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Staying there myself for the first time this year. When we were there last year, the signs appear that the Villas are in a separate building. It was right off the lobby though, although you could potentially have a long walk thru hallways, but that is true with the regular room hallways too.

thumperbug
10-06-2008, 05:48 PM
The building with the Villas is right off the main building and has a covered walkway. Actually, the villas are closest to the resort bus stop then the regular rooms.

Of all the DVC resorts we have stayed at, WL is our favorite and I feel the closest to the main building then any of the other resorts.

We have stayed there twice and will be there again in Feb 09 for third time.

We love it. The walk to the dock/boats is only about 5 mins and I don't think it is that far at all.

#1Dduckfan
10-07-2008, 02:10 PM
The villas are off to the right of the main building. I just came back from the WLV and it is very close to the main building as well as the bus stops.

dmosher
10-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Agreed, you will be in the lodge off to the side. It is a great place though. Easy access to the bus stop, as well as the lobby (short covered walk) and external exits to the beach and a quiet (sometimes quiet anyway) pool. We stayed in room #1509 which was on the ground floor just a few doors from the entry way, but around a corner and hidden enough that there wasn't a lot of loud traffic.

Plus, though our glass-sliding doors looked out onto the walkway, it was covered by trees and bushes, giving us some privacy as well and cutting down a little on the external lights outside. That area is lovely and I do recommend the villas, especially on that side. Makes the walk to the busses or lobby much faster .

The entry/lobby alone is worth staying there, so quiet and tranquil.

:pipes:
D

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 11:34 PM
its terrific, WL has alot to do there- plus the lobby in the Villas is very cool