PDA

View Full Version : First time in 4 years

WDWPRIME
10-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Which new rides are the best?

SBETigg
10-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Everest is my favorite, but I haven't ridden Toy Story Mania yet. Soarin' is also a new favorite for me. The others are good to see, but don't make my Can't Miss list.

mouseketeer mom
10-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Out of all of those, and we've done them all, Soarin' is the only one on our NOT MISS list. We love it so much!

IloveDisney71
10-06-2008, 05:18 PM
I voted for EE because it is awesome!
I have done all of the things listed in your poll except Toy Story (I can't wait to see it!).
Anyway, each of the attractions you listed offers different experiences.
EE is the biggest thrill ride that you had listed. It's my favorite roller coaster after RNRC.
Finding Nemo is a cute "dark ride" similar to the rides in Fantasyland but with some neat effects.
Soarin' is unlike anything I've ever ridden before but make sure you get a fast pass or the line is unbelievable.
Philharmagic is the best of the 3-D attractions at WDW since it's the most recent.
And the Lights, Motors, Action Stunt Show is fun because they show you the tricks behind the stunts.
If you have time, try to see them all. :mickey:

Tbelle1976
10-07-2008, 11:49 AM
I was really torn between EE and Soarin, but I went with EE because of the fast, amusement thrill of the ride.

#1Dduckfan
10-07-2008, 01:21 PM
I like all of the new attractions, so it's kind of difficult to pick. Soarin' is awesome and I loved that ever since I rode it in California Adventure. Everest is great, and I have a soft spot for Philharmagic. I wonder why????:donald:

Nascfan
10-07-2008, 01:29 PM
I can't vote because I can't choose just one.
Of your list though, by park:

Epcot - Soarin
Studios - Toy Story
AK - Everest
MK - Philharmagic

If you've not been for 4 years, I think you will find it's a "whole new world". Enjoy your trip! :mickey:

MickeysEars
10-07-2008, 01:32 PM
I love the new 3D Movie. Philharmagic is fun and I see something new everythime I see it

Mackflava99
10-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Everest is a #1 but Soarin is a very close 2nd-

jwallace378
10-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Soarin' for me

chrisb26
10-07-2008, 04:07 PM
I think Everest is the best new ride. I haven't had a chance to ride Toy Story Mania yet so couldn't choose that.

Soarin' is good but it seems the last couple trips I've ridden it the video quality has gone down hill so it isn't as great anymore.

SpecJoe Magic
10-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Have you ridden Mission: Space? Have you seen Wishes? They both opened the same year as Philharmagic (2003). I'm a big fan of both, and I wanted to let you know about them.

MickeyMousse
10-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Philharmagic is a don't miss! It was a hard choice on the poll, but I had to vote for this. Whne I hear the Peter Pan music, I turn into such a sap!!!:peter:

Imagineer1981
10-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Thank goodness Soarin' isn't leading the poll!!!!!

Soarin is a good ride, but not worth a 65 minute wait. Everest, TSM, and Philharmagic are must sees

LarryBoy
10-08-2008, 10:55 AM
I voted for EE because it is such an amazing overall experience, but Soarin and Philharmagic are can't miss attractions as well. I haven't been since TSM opened so that is at the top of my to do list.

Simba's Mom
10-08-2008, 11:05 AM
I went on EE once and it made me feel queasy for hours, so I didn't vote for that-I've heard from people who aren't weinies like me that it's excellent. I loved Soarin' and Philharmagic.

Polynesian Dweller
10-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Well, even though I voted for Everest, its hard to do this poll when I, like many others haven't had the chance to see Toy Story yet. Its just too new. But the reviews for it have been consistently great. So, its got to be included on any visit list.

bertasso59
10-08-2008, 06:18 PM
EE is my vote,its another addition to the WDW coasters that are just fun to ride,as opposed to other parks that just try to scare the heck out of you on their coasters.
I admit thought I have not yet tried Toy Story.We went there on our second day in HS two weeks ago during EMH and there was a 70 minute wait and no FP available.

ravsluvdisney
10-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Voted EE because it combines the classic Disney attraction (theming, queue line visuals, etc) with flat out thrills.

Soarin' is also classic Disney. Great ride. They should alter the scenes to add a little variety though.

Mickey's Phil is another great experience. All ages luv it. And you gotta dig Donald! :donald:

Motor Stunt I saw with my older DS last trip. Pretty cool! Very loud and a bit much to absorb for the younger set but worth a trip.

Nemo & Friends is OK but not worth it if the line is prohibitive. :thumbsup:

TINKinTX
10-09-2008, 01:06 AM
Philharmagic is just amazing....its a can't miss on our trips.....and I can't wait to take my daughter for the first time. She'll go nuts over it.

yjgirl32
10-09-2008, 08:06 AM
I chose soaring because it's a ride that uses all your senses. The feeling of being in the air, the smells from the oranges, snow, etc. seeing how you just glide thru the air- all so very cool.

beksy
10-09-2008, 10:54 PM
I went with Soarin'--it was just incredible and unlike any other experience I've had. Philharmagic was a very close second--best 3D movie I've seen at Disney! I haven't been since Toy Story opened. Nemo was good but I wouldn't wait a long time for it. The Motor Cars was good one time but I'm not into cars or action movies so that might make a difference. Personally I loved EE but since my sister still has to be persuaded to ride it and loves Soarin' too, it got my vote. One that didn't make your list but that I LOVE (even though I hate where they put it :mad:) is Pooh's Adventures. I'm just a big kid and love Pooh and friends so we rode it over and over pointing out the characters each time! We hadn't been there for eight years so I know how much you'll enjoy all the new things! :mickey:

Tink#64
10-09-2008, 11:21 PM
I voted for EE just because of the thrill factor! :coaster: But the truth is that all of the attractions that you listed are on our must do list! Soarin is an absolute fav! We visited WDW the year it opened & we did Soarin 3 times in a row! :mickey: We haven't done Toy Story yet as it wasn't open when we visited in April, but it's on our must do list for our next trip! :thumbsup:

DNS
10-11-2008, 11:19 AM
I went with Soarin', but I haven't worked up the nerve to ride Everest yet.

eeyoresbest
10-11-2008, 12:52 PM
I picked Soarin i haven't rode Toy Story yet but i plan on it in 130 days!

pixiesmimi
10-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Soaring. It took me two trips before I would ride it and the first time I rode, scared me. I am afraid of heights. But DH persuaded me and we immediately went on it a second time and it was much better. I don't do coasters and other things like that because I get motion sickness and I was afraid this kind of moving screen would do that to me again.

We haven't done EE yet or Toy Story.

RAIDER
10-11-2008, 04:48 PM
I voted for Soarin ..its my favourite ride in all of WDW :cloud9:

glenpreece
10-11-2008, 06:20 PM
I was going to vote Everest but chose Phil cause it is truly Disney to me.

Crow
10-12-2008, 03:30 AM
went w Soarin
but Philharmagic was close

Dickson Thunder
10-12-2008, 02:08 PM
We haven't rode Toy Story yet but Soarin is my new favorite followed closely by Philharmagic. I didn't care for the Stunt show.

mainemajor
10-12-2008, 04:28 PM
EE gets my vote, not just for the ride but it has one of the greatest queue at Disney

hubbyofadisneyholic
10-13-2008, 09:01 PM
I really enjoy EE, but my wife had some surgery a couple yrs ago and can't do any of the coasters anymore. :sick:
So, I voted for Philharmagic because it is very good and it is something we can all do.;)

HoosierDisneyFan
10-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Who voted for Finding Nemo? They must have misread the question.

I voted for EE but Soarin is great as well. Even though Motor Stunt Show (isn't the name Lights Motors Action??) only has 1 vote (at the time I am typing this), this is a very good show. I have seen it three times and plan on seeing it again in Decemeber!

kemps@wdw
10-13-2008, 10:07 PM
:twocents: DO 'EM ALL!!!:thumbsup:

SFTrny
10-13-2008, 10:10 PM
I like Everest a lot, but it is - after all - another roller coaster. Soarin is a ride that I can't find at a Six Flags or other regional park.

I'd say...go to both. They are GREAT.

wdwfansince75
10-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Didn't think ahead of time on just how difficult it would be to decide....finally (reluctantly) voted for TSMM....give it a 10.....LMA gets an 8....Nemo, perhaps a 9....the others all are tied at 9.995....suspect, from current results, that if only those who have done all of them voted, TSMM would be (slightly) ahead....

Airblue1
10-14-2008, 12:36 PM
I like Everest the best. It is truly a wonderful experience

Greenlawler
10-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Toy Story by far! While EE is a rush and I love my sons laughter at Philharmagic, we changed our plans so we could ride Toy Story first thing every day! Its just too fun to try and beat your score.

Soarin is fun but overated to me. IMO Its just a larger version of the movie style rides that were popular in the 80's in tourist towns.

And really, although Philharmagic is much better than some of its predessesors I wish they would bring back The Mickeys Mouse Review!

GrmGrninGost
10-17-2008, 12:37 PM
For me it is Soarin', followed closely by EE and Toy Story Mania! They are all great! My biggest disappointment is the Nemo show. Neither myself or my family liked it.

GrumpyFan
10-17-2008, 01:05 PM
While I really enjoyed Expedition Everest, Soarin' is one of the best, most innovative thrilling rides I've been on ever! Plus the fact that pretty much everyone in your family can ride it, makes it the top for me. :thumbsup: