PDA

View Full Version : Post Hurricane Ike Fall Fun "Redo" Trip-Intro and Day 1

angel8783
10-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Intro and Travel, Day 1

This is a Redo trip for DH and I. You can read my pre-trip report to find out why it is a redo trip, but let’s just say that we took my MIL thinking she would have a good time, and well, she didn’t seem happy most of the time which brought the rest of us down.

Also, about 2 weeks before we left for WDW Hurricane Ike barreled through the greater Houston area where I live and changed our way of life for about a week. This also made the trip mean that much more to us! When we left we had already got power back (although we were without for a week) and others that I work with still didn’t have their power back after almost 2 weeks! We were grateful to get away from the craziness.

I am a 25 year old Disney Fan. My parents took me for the first time when I was 15 and I have been back frequently since then. This was my 9th trip! DH is 28 as of yesterday and he has been 4 times since 2005, ever since I started taking him. We honeymooned in 2006 at WDW and had a blast! We just keep going back. We don’t have any kids, so it was just the two of us.

Day 1-Sept 25

We both started out the day by working in the morning only. The Hurricane had totally thrown off my pile of work. It was so huge! I was afraid I would not get everything done, but time was on my side and I cleaned off all the really important things. I left at noon and met DH at home. A few minutes later my parents pulled up to take us to the airport. My Dad flies out most every Thursday to a different city for work and my Mom was going with him that weekend. We were just an extra stop on the way to the airport, which worked out nicely.

We grabbed some lunch at the airport and then discovered that our gate for the flight had moved to the International Terminal. Not sure how Orlando is International from Houston, but oh well. We took the tram over and DH commented that “this is our first ride!” We laughed as we raced over to the gate and then promptly boarded the plane. The flight was bumpy and boring, but before we knew it we were in Orlando!

We had already chosen to pick up our bags ourselves since it was about 7:30pm. We wanted to be sure and have all our things to get ready for bed that night and not have to wait on our bags to be delivered. Once we got our baggage we checked into Magical Express and the bus took us strait to Pop Century!

We requested a King Bed after we got there, but they could not provide one until the next night, so we accepted the room change for the next night and made our way to the 50’s building for our one night with the double beds. I really love the peter pan wallpaper border in those buildings! Pop Century is so much fun.

By the time we had checked in and taken our bags to our room it was 9pm, so we got a quick dinner from the food court. I had a Mediterranean Pizza and Tie Dye Cheesecake and DH had the Philly Cheese Steak Wrap and the cheesecake. It was all very yummy!! We were very tired but excited at this point so we went back to our room and fell asleep in anticipation of our first full day at Disney Hollywood Studios! We fell asleep after watching Seinfeld, which would become our nightly ritual every night of the trip.

Lizzie
10-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the report sounds like a great start to the trip.

Mackflava99
10-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Sounds like a great start- i am looking forward to hearing more-

tinkerbell04
10-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Sounds like a great first day. Thanks for sharing.

faline
10-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Sounds like this trip is a welcome respite! You're off to a good start!

dtootsie42
10-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Sounds like it was a great start. Looking forward to hearing more about your adventure.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the report

yjgirl32
10-08-2008, 08:43 AM
What a great start! Can't wait to read more.

cal5755
10-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Sounds like a great first day!!

mouseketeer mom
10-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Great day! I always wanted to try that cheesecake, sounds yummy!

princessgirls
10-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Sounds like a smooth arrival.

Thanks for reporting!

Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
10-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

artyboy
10-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Sounds like a great first day!

DizNee143
10-15-2008, 10:31 AM
sounds like a much needed getaway for you and your hubby..sounds like a goo dtravel day!! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
10-24-2008, 12:38 PM
What a great beginning. I've got to try that cheesecake!!

January-2007
10-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Thanks for reporting! :mickey:

laward32
10-25-2008, 11:32 PM
Sounds like a great start. Can't wait to read more.:mickey:

goofy for pluto
10-27-2008, 03:52 PM
So Far so good!
Thanks for the report,
looking forward to reading more.
:mickey: