PDA

View Full Version : Fiancé's first trip is during her birthday

WDWPRIME
10-06-2008, 10:00 AM
So we're heading down in 2 weeks, and my fiancé is having her 25th birthday on the second day we're there.

I already booked the restaurant in Norway, which is Princess dinner of sorts, which will be great. I asked the reservation folks to note that it was her birthday.

Should I call ahead to hotel (Pop Century) to tell them?

Any suggestions about how to make it the best birthday ever?

SBETigg
10-06-2008, 10:11 AM
It wouldn't hurt to alert your resort that you're having a special celebration. Make sure you pick up a birthday button for her. The birthday button will draw notice from other park patrons and CMs who may offer extra birthday congratulations, and maybe even an extra dessert at dinners. You could also call ahead and order things to be delivered to your room, like flowers or a cake. Mostly, it's special just to be celebrating in such a happy, magical place. Have a wonderful time, and happy birthday to your fiance!

MomTo3Tiggers
10-06-2008, 10:20 AM
My sons received balloons and signed birthday cards from Chip and Dale last year in the hotel room. It took two calls to guest services at the hotel to find a CM who knew what to do, but persistence paid off! The birthday button also got them some random things during the day.

WDWPRIME
10-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Momto3Tiggers - Welcome to intercot! Warning, this site will ruin your mind and require you return to Disney at least once every 2-3 years.

Now...
Where would I find one of these birthday buttons?

3AMommy
10-06-2008, 12:55 PM
You can request one of the buttons at the concierge desk at your resort.

:mickey:

MomTo3Tiggers
10-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Momto3Tiggers - Welcome to intercot! Warning, this site will ruin your mind and require you return to Disney at least once every 2-3 years.

Now...
Where would I find one of these birthday buttons?

Thanks - there was a time when we went every year, but there was also a forced 5 year break. Going back to every other year would be good with us. :mickey:

You can also get the buttons at the theme park guest services desk if it's easier. My kids got theirs at the Magic Kingdom.