PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary specials?

OregonPachey
10-06-2008, 01:26 AM
We are staying at Pop Century for our two year in November. Does Disney do anything or leave a special card in your room for an anniversary?

Just wondering.......

snuggs30
10-06-2008, 08:01 AM
When I made reservations last week to stay in Nov. The lady asked if we had anything special we were celebrating, and we are my son's birthday and she asked how old and said look for something special in the room. Did they ask you? If not call back and just mention you will be celebrating your anniversary is there anything special they can do! They will probably surprise you. My mom and dad did that about 5 yrs ago and they had an autographed picture of Mickey and everyone and some chocolates and sparkling juice. Give it a try!:party:

KatMark
10-06-2008, 09:46 AM
It is a hit or miss with each individual resort. Nothing was done for my DH's 50th birthday, but I received wine, wine glasses, chocolates, etc. And for our 25th anniversary last month, we were upgraded to a suite, had flowers, robes, turn down service, etc.

KylesMom
10-06-2008, 11:22 AM
I would agree that it is hit-and-miss. We went for my 41st Birthday & 16th wedding anniversary in 2007, noting it on both our room and several dining ressies. Nothing was done at either the room or our restaurants - except that the Chef at Mama Melrose was willing to prepare the butcher tender steak 30 minutes before the dinner hour began when I requested it "for my birthday" and they comped me a dessert. If I had been counting on something for DH (or DS especially) I would have been disappointed - and would have said something at check-in in addition to noting it on the ressies.

Now, 2005 and prior it was a different story completely. We were given toasting glasses from CRT along with cards, we have had certificates delivered to our room, decorated tables, etcetera. I really believe it depends on when you go, and also if CMs are looking for special occasions to celebrate - or if they are just too busy.