PDA

View Full Version : Best Wal Mart to stop at?

disney323
10-05-2008, 06:17 PM
We are renting a car from Orlando airport and are driving to Boardwalk. We would like to stop at a super walmart on the way and I was wondering which one is most convenient to stop at. There is a new one about 15 mins. away from the airport that is 24 hrs. and has a liquor store in it too. Thanks.

Ed
10-05-2008, 06:38 PM
If you come south on SR 417 from the south end of the airport, take exit 6 (International Drive) and continue straight, not turning onto I-Drive. At SR 535, make a left, and the fairly new WalMart Superstore will be one mile down on your right. Very well stocked store.

When you leave the store, go north on 535 one mile, then left on 536 which will take you right onto WDW property; follow the signs, and you're all set!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-06-2008, 01:13 AM
It all depends on where you are coming from.

If you are coming from 528, get off on exit 3 for John Young Parkway and go down about a mile and half, and there is one there.

If you are taking 417, follow TiggTigg's instructions. To landmark where to turn onto 535 - the will be a second stop light and a CVS/Pondorosa on the left hand side of the road and you'll be turning left. This road you are on is already 536 though, so to get to Disney property after the Walmart you will make a left turn as well.

Basically, it's a sideways T because 535 and 536 intersect and when you come off of 417, they dump you onto 536.

badkitty
10-06-2008, 06:34 PM
If you come south on SR 417 from the south end of the airport, take exit 6 (International Drive) and continue straight, not turning onto I-Drive. At SR 535, make a left, and the fairly new WalMart Superstore will be one mile down on your right. Very well stocked store.

When you leave the store, go north on 535 one mile, then left on 536 which will take you right onto WDW property; follow the signs, and you're all set!

Is this store 24 hours?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-06-2008, 07:24 PM
I think just about all the Wal-Marts in Orlando are 24 hours. I know both of those are.

LittleRoosMommy
10-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Would the Walmart on 417 be the closest to Disney property? We'll probably be heading over to Walmart later in the evening from WL.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-08-2008, 08:55 PM
It's not on 417, it's on 535 and yes, that would be the closest.

If you are renting a car at the airport there are two ways of getting to Disney and I find that 528 is faster than 417.

So geographically, the one off the 417 is closer, but I think off of 528 would be faster.

DisneyDudet
10-09-2008, 08:49 PM
536 or World Drive... turns into World Center Drive, which takes you right into the property.

Basically, if you are coming from the airport, take the south exit, and follow the signs. You'll go through tolls and then come to the 536 exit. Take it, and the second light, with a 7-11 on the left hand side is where you'll turn left. The Wal Mart will then be on your right. To get back, turn left out of Wal Mart, and then turn left on 535/World Center Drive.

From WL, I would head to DTD and go left, away from Disney property (toward the DTD hotels and the Crossroads shopping center). You will come to a light at the Crossroads. This will be 535. You will turn right from there and head that way until you hit the Wal Mart on the right. You can take this way if you can't get to World Center Drive.

LittleRoosMommy
10-10-2008, 07:36 AM
Thanks DisneyDudet!! That is exactly what I was hoping to find out, as we are probably going to go later in the evening while the grandparents are staying with DDs after they are asleep! I appreciate the directions!!

8 more days!!!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-10-2008, 07:56 AM
536 or World Drive... turns into World Center Drive, which takes you right into the property.

Basically, if you are coming from the airport, take the south exit, and follow the signs. You'll go through tolls and then come to the 536 exit. Take it, and the second light, with a 7-11 on the left hand side is where you'll turn left. The Wal Mart will then be on your right. To get back, turn left out of Wal Mart, and then turn left on 535/World Center Drive.

From WL, I would head to DTD and go left, away from Disney property (toward the DTD hotels and the Crossroads shopping center). You will come to a light at the Crossroads. This will be 535. You will turn right from there and head that way until you hit the Wal Mart on the right. You can take this way if you can't get to World Center Drive.

535 is not World Center drive - it's Apopka-Vineland.

As for getting there from WL - take the Epcot/DTD exit and just follow it off property. Bypass all the signs and just kept going straight- this becomes 536 and you'll turn right at 535, which is when you'll see the CVS and Pondorosa. There is less traffic and fewer lights.

DDuck66
10-10-2008, 04:13 PM
I know this is off post, but don't you just love going to Wal-mart?? It is amazing to see how much different types of merchandise are at each store and how they are set up. Before I moved to Tampa Bay, I did not know that they still had regular Wal-marts (Non Superstore). In the Panhandle of FL all they have are super stores. Every time we go on a trip we make it a point to stop by the local Wal-mart.

DisneyDudet
10-11-2008, 09:15 AM
I meant 536 is World Center Drive. It was a mistype. It will be edited.

Since I can't edit the post, I will edit the portion here:

536... turns into World Center Drive, which takes you right into the property. Also, World Center Drive turns into Epcot Center Drive.

Basically, if you are coming from the airport, take the south exit, and follow the signs. You'll go through tolls and then come to the 536 exit. Take it, and the second light, with a 7-11 on the left hand side is where you'll turn left. The Wal Mart will then be on your right. To get back, turn left out of Wal Mart, and then turn left on 536/World Center Drive.

You can also get onto World Drive from WL. Head toward Epcot. Get onto Epcot Center Drive by taking a loopy thing. Epcot Center Drive turns into World Center Drive. You will go under I-4 and then turn right onto 535, and there you are!