PDA

View Full Version : Buses to parks

handmaidenofprincesses
10-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Hi there!

So, after reading many posts extoling the virtues of an early breakfast at Crystal Palace:pooh:, I called an made an ADR:eat: for 8:05 am (almost an hour before opening) on our first day there (Jan 5). We're very excited! :woohoo: My question is this: how early do the buses from Pop Century start running? :bus:My travel agent said we should probably be there between 7:50 and 7:55.... Which, I think, means we'd probably have to leave around quarter past 7 in order to get there on time. :coffee:Do the buses to MK even run that early? I'm going to be very disappointed if buses aren't available that early; we're scraping every last penny together as it is, and I know we can't afford a taxi....:cry:

gerald72
10-05-2008, 03:37 PM
I had reservations for Crystal Palace an hour before Magic Kingdom opened (in August).
That same thought crossed my mind as I walked to the bus stop- what if buses aren't running yet. But, sure enough, the Magic Kingdom bus arrived in about 10 minutes.

BigRedDad
10-05-2008, 04:52 PM
You are playing hit or miss with a bus at that time. Buses typically don't start running until about 1-hour before park opening. I would walk down to see if a bus is running. If there is a bus there, simply ask the driver if there is one coming for MK. If not, get a cab to take you there.

faline
10-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Buses typically start running around 7 for those folks who have pre-park opening reservations. Cabs can't get you to the Magic Kingdom - only to the Ticket and Transportation Center.

Janmac
10-05-2008, 06:53 PM
We had two morning ADRs at Crystal Palace - 8:05 and 8:10 - on our trip last month, early September.

To be sure, I called WDW-RIDE and asked them. They said a bus would be at our resort - Old Key West - at 7:15 am.

We got to the bus stop at 7 am which was a good thing as the bus got there a few minues before 7:15 and our bus stop was the last one at our resort.

It's so cool to be walking down Main Street that early. :thumbsup:

Jan

mouse2508
10-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Ditto on all these replies, CP is one of our favorite CD events (along with CM) and we've never had a transport issue from any of the resorts we've stayed; of course, you can always let the front desk concierge be aware and I'm sure they'll help you out:thumbsup:

and that walk down Main St? truly magical :cloud9: