PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Stress, I Gotta Get Away Pre-trip report

Caroleh
10-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Before I start my trip report, I need to give a little info about this trip. In March we moved into our townhouse which was just finished being built. We bought all new furniture for the house. While we were getting everything into the house, we had the biggest snowstorm of the yer, putting our delivery dates of some items the same day as the movers were moving things in. I had enough money left in my savings account to pay for a trip to WDW, so I booked the trip for December. I was getting totally stressed out at work and moved the date to October...luckily my DH hadn't bought the plane tickets yet.
The end of June comes along, I had already received my MNSSHP tickets and savely tucked them away in my wallet, when my purse was stolen out of my office. I lost everything...my debit card, my VISA, my drivers license, my car registration, my insurance info, my health card, my citizenship card, my SIN(Canada's SS card) my US SS card, all my pictures of my DD and grand nieces, and my MNSSHP tickets.:sob: After canceling cards, replacing cards, and getting a hold of Disney about my tickets...they replaced them for me and I'll be picking them up at guest services when I get down there. After I almost had everything replaced, my purse was found, everything was in my wallet except the less then $20 cash I had and my iPod. I no longer carry everything with me. Things I don't use go into the lockbox.
Now we're up Friday, Oct. 3...I still haven't received my ME stuff, so I got ahold of the agent that is taking care of my WDW stuff. I forgot to sign up for the service(my computer had gotten a virus and I accidently reformatted the computer and lost all info). I got it all taken care of and there's no problem now. Then all heck broke loose...my DH called his pouch he carries was stolen, in it our passports(he didn't take them out after I told him to when my purse was stolen)...we leave for WDW on Thursday morning and we need the passports to be able to fly. It's Friday night, everything has to be done ASAP. We run out get our passport photos done, one chore done. We fill out all our paperwork...we need to find a notary public to sign the document that our passports were stolen and a professional person to varify we who we say we are(doctor, lawyer, engineer, etc...). We get on the net and look for a notary, we find one that is open on Saturday, at the airport..thats a good thing. One passport office was opened on Saturday and it was in the town we use to live in but only from the hours of 9-12. The professional was easy, my assistant managers DH is an engineer, so we met him as he was dropping his wife off to work at 9:15. We get on the highway and head for the airport because that office opened at 10..we got there at 10, got that done. By 10:20, we were on the highway heading for the passport office...we were there by 10:50. We walked in a great big long line was ahead of us..no problem. We get to the desk where they check to see if you have everything filled out properly...my assistant managers DH forgot to put his passport info on the form, my passport photo was wrong, and I signed my name too big and all of this was going to get our application rejected. He said I could call my assisstants DH and get the info from him..that was no problem I got that done!! We waited to get to the window for our passport until around 11:45, when our number finally comes up. We hand everything to the clerk and asks us when we are leaving and our travel documents, since we were asking for express service for the passports. He saw the we were going to Orlando and asked what we were going there for and I popped up and said we were going to WDW...he loves WDW!! This was a plus!! He excepted everything the other other guy said would be rejected, except for my photo and he tried to make that work. He sent me next door where they did passport photos, I got that done , came back and handed them to him. He arranged to have our passports picked up 2 hours earlier then normal so I didn't have anything else to be stressed out about. So Wednesday I pick up our new passports. :whew:

Cast of Characters
Me(Carol)
DH--Gilles
So after all this stress, I really just want to take it easy and not run around like crazy with a lot of stuff planned, so we're going with the flow.
We are going to try all the different foods at the F&WF kiosks.
Our plane leaves Toronto at 10:30 am and we arrive at MCO around 1pmon Thursday, Oct 9. As soon as we get checked into Port Orleans French Quarter, we're heading to Epcot to get something to eat. Then maybe head over to MK so I can see the castle.
We have a few ADR's which are:
Oct 10-Flying Fish at 7:00 pm
Oct 11-Yak n Yeti at 1 pm
Oct. 12-Prime Time Cafe-12:55(we wanted to see if it was as fun as everyone says it is)
Oct.13-Liberty Tree Tavern-6pm(we have tickets for MNSSHP and it's our Thanksgiving(Canada) that day, so we wanted a traditional Thankgiving dinner)
Our plane leaves early afternoon of the 14th.

cal5755
10-05-2008, 11:21 AM
WOW Carol... that was stressful!! I hope you do have a wonderful and relaxing vacation.

Have a super good Thanksgiving at LTT... we are going to miss that character dinner!!

Lizzie
10-05-2008, 11:37 AM
That stressed me out just reading it. Glad everything is ceared for your trip. Have a good time.

SFTrny
10-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Now THAT is a story of personal challenge and perseverence! You have to be pretty proud of yourself after going through all of that...and of course, WDW will be so much better after the effort that you put in to get there. I hope your trip is not as eventful as the prep work. CONGRATULATIONS!

mickey&missy
10-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Carol! I'm soo glad you and your DH have a wonderful vacation to look forward to! I remember when your purse was stolen, during my brief stint on the JQ thread! I can't believe your DH pouch got stolen too! I glad you where able to get everything taken care of and you'll soon be on your way! Have a great trip!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Whew:)

RedSoxFan
10-05-2008, 08:18 PM
I'm glad you got everything worked out. Very stressful, indeed. I hope you both have a wonderful, relaxing and stress free vacation.:mickey:

Mickeydream
10-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Wow! I'm tired out just reading all you went through. I hope you have a wonderful vacation and a great Thanksgiving. Relax and enjoy... you deserve it! :turkey:

faline
10-05-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm hoping all that stress melts away the minute you set foot in Disney World! Sorry for the rocky start! Have a great trip!

offwego
10-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Carol I hope this trip is everything you need it to be!:mickey::thumbsup::mickey:

Tink's Mom
10-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Wow! I'm stressed just reading that! You definitely need a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth!!! Have a wonderful time!

Beach Club Babe
10-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Wow, what an awful thing to have to be put through just as your ready to go on vacation! Have a wonderful trip, you definitely deserve it! I hope things go flawlessly from here on out!

Diznee4Me
10-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Glad that all worked out - I was biting my nails as I was reading it!:D Have a great trip!

tinkerbell04
10-06-2008, 02:11 PM
You really need a vacation after all of that!

mouseketeer mom
10-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Whew!!! Holy Smoke..this trip didn't come easy. I hope all flows for you on vacation and you have a magical time!

Caroleh
10-07-2008, 08:02 AM
Thank you everyone!! Just a little update...the police found the DH's pouch in a park near his office and the only thing that was missing was his jump drives and loose change. The old passports were cancelled when we got the new ones, so everything is in great shape!!

TinkerbellT421
10-07-2008, 08:34 AM
OMG I was stressing out just reading that! Im so glad you got thru it though somewhat unscathed lol....Just think you'll be at the Happiest Place on Earth and never even think of what you went through! Have a great trip! :mickey::cloud9:

dtootsie42
10-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Wow, what a stressful time you have had. Sounds like you really need this vacation and I hope it is simply magical :mickey:

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge

Mackflava99
10-09-2008, 03:28 PM
i hope you have a very de-stressing time-
sorry about yout purse- thats terrible-