PDA

View Full Version : Disney photo book

fanofdisney
10-04-2008, 09:33 PM
I was looking at pre-ordering the photo cd and photo book. Has anyone ordered the photo book and where you happy with it? How many pages are in it?

Lucyrella
10-04-2008, 09:56 PM
I did the photobook last year and loved it, it turned out really nice. I need to do one from this year's trip. The software can be tricky, but take your time and do it in several sittings. Maybe they have worked out the kinks in it.

Enjoy,

Mandy Mouse
10-04-2008, 11:42 PM
I just made and ordered a photo book for my boyfriend for part of his birthday gift and I highly reccomend it. It turned out so neat! It felt like smooth book pages and not like a rough scrapbook. It is a neat chance to use a ton of the photo pass pictures that were taken and not have to buy them all seperately. Some of my favorite pages were the ones that I used one photo to fill the entire page. I fell into the trap of adding pages and that is when the cost jumps up quite a bit but worth every penny to me. (I believe it gives you 20 pages to begin with) Overall it was a big hit!

scootch713
10-06-2008, 08:50 AM
We did the photobook and liked it, but it did not have a ton of page options(how many pics to put on a page, where you type in text, ect...) I do mine at Shutterfly. They do not have disney backgrounds, but I had a ton of character pics, so it was very disney. They are much, much cheaper.... and they have tons of sales. I usually do mine then wait for a free shipping code or a 30% off before I actually order it. Here is a link to one of mine if you would like to peek. I did an 8 x 8. This year I am going to do a 12 x 12 one. http://community.shutterfly.com/gallery/post/start.sfly?postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDBg2aOW7Ny5Ygu25tCA

AuntDJ
10-06-2008, 11:35 AM
I love the prepaid CD, but have never done a photobook on the Disney site...

I have done quite a few on shutterfly....and I highly recommend it...I have done the 5x7; 8x8 and 8x11...The 8x8 has been my favorite, it looks like the "little golden books" from when I was younger....I got almost 200 pics in it..on 20 pages...it can be done!!!

Have fun!
DJ

CynthiaY2
11-05-2008, 01:57 PM
I have never done a Disney photobook although when we returned in May 08 I reviewed and ordered my photopass photos and looked at the photobook option. In my opinion I love the pages but you are very limited as you can only put 4 photo's on a page. I'm a photonut so I generally want more than just 4 photo's.

I have been doing shutterfly photobooks for about 4 years now and when I started going to Disney World (now hooked) I created my first 12 X 12 Shutterfly Disney World book and have been hooked ever since. I've done several books but specifically for Disney I've done one for 07 and another for 08. Below is my link to my more recent photobook. I plan to do another after our trip in 17 days. :thumbsup:

To me I love the layout options in Shutterfly although I don't get the Disney backgrounds. Those of you that are Digi scrapbookers will love it. Those of us that aren't you have numerous backgrounds to select from, frames, and type style. I can have up to 1000 pictures in 100 pages. Every book I max out at 100 pages. :blush:

My husband teases me that half my enjoyment from the trip is returning home and creating my vacation photobook. I love it and the quality is outstanding. I literally carry it with me everywhere. It also gives me my Disney fix when I need it. :)

Price wise to me Shutterfly is the better deal and besides they are always having specials and discounts on books. Right now it's 30% off any additional books.

I hope my thoughts help.

thumperbug
11-05-2008, 03:12 PM
I used the pre order photo cd once and will do it again..and again...

that shutterfly sight is cool. I am so non-computer savey. I might have to try that. Would be great holiday gifts and easier then printing out pics....

CynthiaY2
11-05-2008, 03:27 PM
I agree I have already pre-order my Photopass CD for our Adult only Trip in 17 days!!:party:

I love the pre-pay. I didn't do the photopass the first year and regretted it but I will do it from now one.

Be careful once you try Shutterfly you will be addicted. Have fun and I can't wait to see your first book. Be sure to post it to the Gallery so I we can all see it. :blush: